Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrInsaneBuff

Wrigglytuff its hot.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Ahh toughen up you lot - thats normal out here in the west. Some places in WA can have 3 months or more of +35 degrees (and no, I'm not talking about up in the North). I remember one very hot day we had last summer, hit 48.7 degrees during the day, was still above 40 at midnight here. There was a southern country WA town just the other day that recorded above 49 degrees for the day. Sheesh!!

:P

Hey if i was living out in the country where the weather is either bloody hot, or bloody cold then fair enough. But i live on a supposedly temperate coast line in a geographic basin which should suck in cold air when it heats up. This did not happen, and the weather of the last week can not be described as temperate. The addition of high humidity each day did not also go towards helping. Now if i had been living in Singapore id have said fair call. Thats the weather they have pretty much all the time unless its pissing down monsoon style. Their up there much closer to the equator so its expected. That kind of weather is NOT expected down here in Sydney.

Ahh toughen up you lot - thats normal out here in the west. Some places in WA can have 3 months or more of +35 degrees (and no, I'm not talking about up in the North). I remember one very hot day we had last summer, hit 48.7 degrees during the day, was still above 40 at midnight here. There was a southern country WA town just the other day that recorded above 49 degrees for the day. Sheesh!!

:P

Hey if i was living out in the country where the weather is either bloody hot, or bloody cold then fair enough. But i live on a supposedly temperate coast line in a geographic basin which should suck in cold air when it heats up. This did not happen, and the weather of the last week can not be described as temperate. The addition of high humidity each day did not also go towards helping. Now if i had been living in Singapore id have said fair call. Thats the weather they have pretty much all the time unless its pissing down monsoon style. Their up there much closer to the equator so its expected. That kind of weather is NOT expected down here in Sydney.

Geographically, I'm not that much further north than you lol. Southern coastal, temperate

Posted Image

Mmm been tossing up whether to turn on the fan heater tonight, but finally decided not quite cold enough, so just coped by putting on a jumper and slippers.

:-)

Heh - was just on the local news that Ex cyclone Yasi is heading our way. That would explain the wind and cold weather lol. Bring on some rain though - that would be nice.

@aliali - yeah thinking about some fluffy slippers myself ;)

Av, box up the edges of that slab roof but put in a few drain holes at the bottom and more larger ones a foot up. Wire screen the lower ones and cover them in a large amount of med and large gravel then fill the rest of the roof with dirt to the level of the larger holes. Turf the lot or cover in veges, herbs and grass with a couple of small scrubs. You can leave some areas uncovered if you need to reduce the weight but shade the exposed concrete. Put in an interior or external stair. Fence up the edges if you have kids or take to drinking on the roof. :{)

Should give you almost aircon temps but you'd need shading and/or insulation of the walls and windows to get the best effect.

The slab/wall soak is a good idea if water is not a problem but sucks otherwise. Misters can give a similar effect if set right and you have a modicum of spare water.

Aye, me and a buddy where considering something similar to that. Not sure I get what you meant about the box, but. We have considered turfing it up there.

My ducted aircon went completely under in the flood up here in brizzo.

Just had someone fix it, it cools but its speaking chinese or some shit. It turns off every 1/2 an hour, zones mysteriously turn on and off.

I think it's time for a new circuit board.

I read Wrigglytuff is hot, and was expecting some next level Pokemon pinups.

I may have just woken up.

Been running the aircon at my gf's house fairly economically, putting it on at 25C for an hour or two as we go to sleep, then turning it on again for another hour or so when we wake up just to keep the place cool and dry.

It's not the heat that's been getting me, but just how fucking humid it's been.

Anyway, she had a new housemate move in two weeks ago, turns out she's awesome and has been running the aircon at about 18C even when she's not home. We haven't even had a conversation with her yet (She seems quiet/weird - everyone had to make an effort to introduce themselves to her, and we have seen her three times for 5 seconds or so each in a 2 week period) so annoyed that our economic usage of the aircon is pretty much irrelevant, and annoyed that we can't really bring it up as our first conversation in the interest of keeping everyone happy :X

Been running the aircon at my gf's house fairly economically, putting it on at 25C for an hour or two as we go to sleep, then turning it on again for another hour or so when we wake up just to keep the place cool and dry.

It's not the heat that's been getting me, but just how fucking humid it's been.

Anyway, she had a new housemate move in two weeks ago, turns out she's awesome and has been running the aircon at about 18C even when she's not home. We haven't even had a conversation with her yet (She seems quiet/weird - everyone had to make an effort to introduce themselves to her, and we have seen her three times for 5 seconds or so each in a 2 week period) so annoyed that our economic usage of the aircon is pretty much irrelevant, and annoyed that we can't really bring it up as our first conversation in the interest of keeping everyone happy :X

"Oh hai, here's the power bill. Kthxbai."

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.