Sign in to follow this  
800_series

'Fission' 10.1" Netbook

Got the Aldi catalogue today and saw this:

http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_16932.htm

Was considering it as my EEE PC may be on the way out, however I can't seem to find much on Google about the so called 'Fission' brand.

The 6-cell battery also interests me, as I want to know how long it would last, as I would likely be using it at Uni with wi-fi.

That said: Asus 1001PX $268 @ BigW Online Only (downside - relatively low battery life)

Though it only has a 3-cell and 160GB instead of 250GB, everything else appears the same. The fission one looks interesting, but it's hard to find anything about the manufacturer. It has a weird resolution, 1024x600 is far more common.

That said they're much of a muchness. Both should work for your purposes.

I have an ASUS 1005PE (actually I say me but I mean my girlfriend who takes it to uni) which is a 6-cell battery and N450 processor - actually almost all the stats are the same and I get about 10-13hrs on it. The N450's only advancement (really) over the previous models is power consumption, so battery life is really good. I would expect a minimum of 8 hours (more probably 10) but I haven't used that particular laptop or brand so I can't say definitively. You have to remember that that's actual usage not stand by time, If I just use it an hour here an our there I'll go a few days without charging it.

Edited by UberPenguin

Best checking the batteries on these netbooks. I wouldn't buy anything with a crappy 3-cell battery.