Sign in to follow this  
Corpus

My new Gaming PC

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd share with you guys my new PC after 6 years with a P4 Northwood. Specs are:

CPU: Intel i7 950 with stock HSF

Memory: 12Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz (3 x 4Gb)

Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Gene

Primary HDD: OCZ Vertex 2 E 120GB SSD

Data HDD: Western Digital WD1200FAEX 1Tb

Video Card: Leadtek GeForce GTX570

PSU: Corsair HX850

Optical: Pioneer BDR-206BK (BD burner)

Case: Lian Li PC-V354 Black

Basically bought and built mid december. Won't be doing any overclocking and may buy another GTX 570 later for SLI (when prices come down)

Cable loomed pretty much every cable. I didn't notice I had a 'black' theme going until I finished.

Posted Image

Once PSU was in, cable management went to sh*t. Stupid ultra long power cables.

Posted Image

When turned on.

Posted Image

Plays all the games I've thrown at it without it missing a beat. All graphics settings on the highest. The only drawback with the system is the case. Its a pain the ass to just open it as its not your standard 2 screws at the back then slide the side off. instead, you have to unscrew 8 small screws thats holding it on the chassis. So my community announcement would be to avoid this case if you tend to open the sides alot.

Wow that looks sick. Reminds me of a SG03 build I did for the miss's not to long ago. Nice work man Enjoy.

Aswell you cant do much about cable management in those cases there just isnt the room to hide anything.

Edited by mudg3

Nice mate. Was looking at getting that case for my little big project. Very sexy case.

Only went with a SG02F as the PSU wouldn't impede water cooling the video card in it. That case is a bit tight width wise for water cooling video cards. Other wise, excellent case and build.

Nice box there. Jealous ...

You need to matching black Microsoft X8 mouse and X6 keyboard for the PC.

Edited by Jeruselem

Nice system. Did you consider holding off until Sandy Bridge was out? Also, what do you think cable management will be like for when you try SLI?

Nice system. Did you consider holding off until Sandy Bridge was out? Also, what do you think cable management will be like for when you try SLI?

I knew someone would be asking me that question. Couple of reasons why -

- I don't normally jump on the newest tech band wagon, due to bugs or compatibility issues (this actually paid off with the SB SATA chips)

- I couldn't wait any longer (stuck with a P4 for 6 years!!)

- I needed a new PC

It shouldn't be too bad I hope. The PSU is modular so all I have to do is connect the PCI-E cable (which i think has 2 PCI-E 6 pin socket thingies on it) to the new vid card.

I actually bought a 4 pin molex (female) to a 15 pin SATA (male) adapter. This means I could attach the fan controller onto the SATA power cable hence reducing one cable from the PSU. Yay!!!