st8smn

Project GT CORSAIR

Buy another board and sell it when it comes back from RMA? I've even got a EVGA X58 SLI sitting here.

what would 1 want for this ?

Buy another board and sell it when it comes back from RMA? I've even got a EVGA X58 SLI sitting here.

what would 1 want for this ?

i dont have 128 posts to trade but st8smn is sitting infront of me :)

you don't need to be in trademart to do that, its an offer member to member, mudg3 is not selling it just offering it to you so thats all fine last I heard from one of the mods.

personally I'd send it back, buy an asus P6X58-E and sell the EVGA when it comes back on ebay.

alsp see my post on the previous page, despite what PCCG tell you you as a consumer have the right to demand they swap it for a new one and deal with EVGA themselves.

Edited by nesquick

I wouldnt be getting up in PCCG's face just yet. Send it back speak to Tim in the RMA department hes pretty good and will be able to help you out.

EVGA can see the ram slot fault and determine if that was caused by socket damage (which it wont be) and perhaps replace the board.

well no I was just making sure he knows what his rights are as a customer, nothing shits me more than reading about computer stores that try and blame people for causing physical damage when they didn't and won't honor warranty/their obligation to offer a customer an exchange.

well no I was just making sure he knows what his rights are as a customer, nothing shits me more than reading about computer stores that try and blame people for causing physical damage when they didn't and won't honor warranty/their obligation to offer a customer an exchange.

my bad by not puting the cover on the cpu socket when i posted it but i dont think pccg did it.

im pritty pissed tho it was a lame 1 single pin that was the tinyist tinyist bit bent and they refused my RMA and dident (obiuosly) check the rest of the bord for damage or they would have picked up on the burn marks

WOOT WOOT !!! just got word that my motherbord has been replaced and is in the mail WOOT WOOT !!! Onforth with the biuld, had time to think of a few mods to. :))

Posted Image

Side window and lighting is what im thinking !!! Maby some custom perspecs covers for the GPU's with some led's behind.

Well see how we go anyway.

Grab a White Cathode will look stunning.

thats what im thinking too, maby orange or red behind the logo cutouts i hav in mind for my GPU's

Well i GT Dane sold me this rig a lil while ago ... the general idea back then was to go water so i thought why not ?

My ideas are a bit different to what GT Dane would have done , but that was to be expected

I started by buying some gear off nukey (rad\pump,red tube,and fittings) and as nukey can probably see i only used the fittings.lol

So here is a few pics of my watercooling venture which still isnt finished...

the workbench

Posted Image

The goods

Posted Image

Posted Image

the plumbing

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is the fill port ,top fans and a string of UV led's i made

Posted Image

Posted Image

ill end up geting some descent fans soon

The semi-finished product (still yet to drown some cards )

Posted Image

Posted Image

(image limit)

Holy shit you have a lot of rad space for just a CPU! Having said that, I can see not all the rads have fans on them.

Very awesome looking rig man!

Holy shit you have a lot of rad space for just a CPU! Having said that, I can see not all the rads have fans on them.

Very awesome looking rig man!

cheers man , the loop is all set to drown some cards (not these) ... im seriously considering 2x Evga hydro copper 580's............... and there will be more fans

gotta save a bit more ....

i also have an idea for a 7'' samsung syncmaster usb lcd to be mounted internal to display temps and o\c's

she now weighs 23kg and cost a shitload :)

oh and a few pics of the sim

looks like crap but its awsome fun , '42 tv upfront and dirt 2 with a handbrake and H pattern....awsome

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by st8smn

Rather than start a new thread i thought i'd revive the build thread.

I was starting to worry a bit with a few threads saying how damaging EK coolant can be and i'v had their green goop in my rig for 1.5 years and last week i got the motorvation to give it all a long overdue clean.

All the gear laid out after 1.5 years of service, as you can see there is 1 hose that is white, that one seemed to collect all the algae.

Posted Image

I was super suprised to find so little gunk inside the CPU block i was expecting much worse.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hooked it all back up on my workbench and ran 1\10 white vinegar water solution through it for 30 hours.

Thats about it for the cleanout but while i was at it i lapped the CPU and the block as they were both waaay out

Posted Image

Posted Image

The finished product with the 2 240mm rads taken out and added red tube i got off nukejockey 2 year ago

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh i took out one of the GTX 460's aswell, because i couldnt justify the minimal fps gain to how much power it uses.

cheers

$3.50 clear side panel mod.

beats paying $80 for a proper one delivered.

Posted Image

It's not perfect but for $3.50 no complaints here

Try mirror acrylic or UV acrylic. both give awesome effects

meh i'm happy with it the way it is for now. i just wanted a clear window.

i will be building a see through v8 engine computer case soon tho, so i'll keep it in mind cheers

Edited by st8smn

meh i'm happy with it the way it is for now. i just wanted a clear window.

i will be building a see through v8 engine computer case soon tho, so i'll keep it in mind cheers

sounds cool. If you put a bright LED in each "cylinder" and timed it right. I'll stop having ideas before i overcomplicate the build