witcher01

Windows 8 Information ?

I think the following video says it all about what the average user is going to go through.

I'm starting to think your one of "those" people who have trouble working out the controls on TV...

I am starting to think you are sarcastic, and down on anyone who dares to disagree. I know people here have to be like sheep, and fear the forum Nazi's, but even some here have dared to ask how they get their desktop and start button back. But I say win 8 is designed for tablets and not desktops, I say the average user does not want to fuck around, just to use their computer. Some say that metro is the greatest thing MS have ever done, I say the truth lies somewhere in the middle depending on your point of view. You all forget that we know our way around computers, but the average user just wants an interface that's simple to use, and they want their programs in an easy to see and use location. And I know I am not alone in these views, if you ever dared to look at how non technical people view win8 you might see it to. But I guess like my opinion, theirs will not matter either.

So many people out there, just common users, are staying away from 8 because, life is to short to fuck with an interface that will not do what they want out of the box. If you don't like that people may feel that way to bad, instead of jumping on people who voice a differing view on win 8, how about standing back and seeing what the average user thinks of it. Yes google is your friend, if you want to see the views of non technical users that is. Did any of you ever stop to ask, even before win8 went mainstream, did companies bring out programs like start8 ? Do you think perhaps it was in response to an overwhelming demand, from everyday users, for an interface that will work for them out of the box. Yes I have used 8, and yes I could use start8, but I don't because its my little protest to say to MS for desktop users you got it wrong this time.

Like I have said previously, each new version of windows should improve the experience, but many feel they missed the mark this time.

Edit: I found this report done by the Nielsen Norman Group, it seems to explain the short comings of 8 that I am unsuccessfully trying to get across here.

And as I like to share a laugh I will leave you with the following clip :)

Edited by bowiee

I'm no expert in the German language, but from what i understand it sounds like he's talking about something else than Ipads and Window phone lol.

It's hard to not see you dodging, bowiee, when you paint pictures of forum nazis daring to continue questioning the specifics of what you don't like, and you continuing to give generalities and handwaving.

You keep talking about simple to use UI and it should only ever get better, but don't mention anything about whether the Win7 or even WinXP UI fulfilled those criteria, in any way other than inertial laziness. You don't mention of this is a criticism you hold of the ribbon interface that was included with some programs in Win7, such as Paint and Wordpad.

All I know is you don't like it because... it's different and you don't like it and some other people don't like it. For all I know, you and a lot of people would, using similar arguments, be against Windows 95 (different to 3.11) and OSX (different to OS9) purely because they had a learning curve. And I'm sure that's not actually the case.

It's hard to not see you dodging, bowiee, when you paint pictures of forum nazis daring to continue questioning the specifics of what you don't like, and you continuing to give generalities and handwaving.

You keep talking about simple to use UI and it should only ever get better, but don't mention anything about whether the Win7 or even WinXP UI fulfilled those criteria, in any way other than inertial laziness. You don't mention of this is a criticism you hold of the ribbon interface that was included with some programs in Win7, such as Paint and Wordpad.

All I know is you don't like it because... it's different and you don't like it and some other people don't like it. For all I know, you and a lot of people would, using similar arguments, be against Windows 95 (different to 3.11) and OSX (different to OS9) purely because they had a learning curve. And I'm sure that's not actually the case.

I don't like feeding you, but the study I linked to above explains it all. You don't like that ? To bad, I don't have to please you or anyone, its a forum I posted my opinion like it or not.

Feel free to link more articles that perfectly encapsulate everything you don't like about 5% of Win8 that they're all apparently talking about and you're not forced to actually use. It explains your position in so much detail, I feel stupid for asking you to explicitly talk about what you don't like and why it's important enough that we should skip an entire OS release. Consider your opinion succinctly backed up with more than just hyperbole and gruffness and angst at the forum nazis.

Feel free to link more articles that perfectly encapsulate everything you don't like about 5% of Win8 that they're all apparently talking about and you're not forced to actually use. It explains your position in so much detail, I feel stupid for asking you to explicitly talk about what you don't like and why it's important enough that we should skip an entire OS release. Consider your opinion succinctly backed up with more than just hyperbole and gruffness and angst at the forum nazis.

Thank you I will.

EDIT: Just remember what they say about sarcasm being the lowest form of wit. And the last resort for someone who really has nothing to say.

Edited by bowiee