hulkster

My 1961 EK holden

are you going for a faithful restore or a modern remake?

As genuine as possible.

The motor was in the boot when i picked her up and going by the engine number it's out of an FC. (making it a 132 Grey motor)

So, to be as original as possible I now need a 138 Grey motor with an engine number higher than B18000 )

It's going to crash low box, drum brakes :)

Should be fun to drive LOL

At least put discs in the front.

Philistine.

Good stuff Hulks, just watch the knees and head on the windscreen angle there. That was a bastard for knocks and bruises.

At least put discs in the front.

Philistine.

I put custom front discs in my '65, best addition ever especially in the rat race traffic I drive in every day. They aren't visible and the safety factor has risen.

Looking at the exterior pic I'd never have guessed there was so much rust in the chassis.

Might have been easier to cut the unrusted bits out? ;-)

personally, I'd keep all the grey running gear in storage, toss a 6 cylinder torana front end (should fit, I know that it'll fit on an HR - not much difference) and throw a red motor with an HP block and the red running gear of your choice ( auto, 3 or 4 speed manual)

just to make it 'drivable' in today's world

the performance of the grey motors left a lot to be desired.

;)

personally, I'd keep all the grey running gear in storage, toss a 6 cylinder torana front end (should fit, I know that it'll fit on an HR - not much difference) and throw a red motor with an HP block and the red running gear of your choice ( auto, 3 or 4 speed manual)

;)

I thought about it, but decided to stay original. My next project will be a full mod, V8 kingswood I think. (HG preferably) So I want the EK stock.

And besides that finding a good HR disc brake front end,EH sump and oil pick up is getting more and more difficult.

Plus anything bigger than a 149 Red means engineers reports e.t.c

EDIT for speeeeling!

Edited by hulkster

I saw a pristine one of these at Carousel the other day. It looked like it had just come out of the showroom. It had a two tone paint job too. Shiny chrome everywhere. The guy did a hell of a job on it. Must have taken him ages.

He said he got most of his parts from Rare Spares. Just added that in case you didn't know about them :)

Hopefully yours will look excellent once it's done ...

this is going to awsome once its done....

ive always wondered if its possiable to change a old car (say a 76 mustang) into auto transmission? if so then ive found my car for when i get my P-plates...

screw 2000's cars...i wanna go old school...

ive always wonder if its possiable to change a old car (say a 76 mustang) into auto transmission? if so then ive found my car for when i get my P-plates...

Edited by jdog

ive always wonder if its possiable to change a old car (say a 76 mustang) into auto transmission? if so then ive found my car for when i get my P-plates...

1976 Mustang Specs

All models of the Mustang II were offered with a standard four-speed manual transmission, and a wide-ratio optional four-speed manual transmission. Additionally, a SpeedShift three-speed automatic was an optional transmission for buyers. The only exceptions were Mustangs equipped with the V-8 engine --- these Mustangs were only offered with the automatic transmission

Should answer your question :)

ive always wondered if its possiable to change a old car (say a 76 mustang) into auto transmission? if so then ive found my car for when i get my P-plates...

If you're going to own a car like that, learn manual. Or else don't bother.

If you're going to own a car like that, learn manual. Or else don't bother.

This.

And this is the best thread to come on into the Green Room in a long long time. Has my vote for POTM.

Love that big ship wheel steering wheel, and on fashioned dials with chrome surrounds. Hate that it's a holden though. Your next project should be an X series Falcon coupe.

That'd be good and all, but Eric Bana would probably come 'round, borrow it from him, then run it into a tree.

Brought one of those for $50 drove it around for a few months, it broke down so I scrapped it and grabbed another one. Did the same with a couple of FJ's If only I had known, but back then they were just an old car no one wanted.

;)

I thought about it, but decided to stay original. My next project will be a full mod, V8 kingswood I think. (HG preferably) So I want the EK stock.

And besides that finding a good HR disc brake front end,EH sump and oil pick up is getting more and more difficult.

Plus anything bigger than a 149 Red means engineers reports e.t.c

EDIT for speeeeling!

hey, nothing's wrong with stock!

just a possible suggestion - I'd imagine all that shit would be difficult to get now - when I used to play....more years ago yhan I care to remember, you only had to look over your fence and there was a holden decaying away, just waiting for the right ($10) offer.

most of the stuff bolts up, an engineer's report is a mere detail. as long as there's no rust, and it's structurally sound......

an HK Brougham would be nice to do up, but, an HG is the very last of the real Kingswoods - you can turn it into a virtual 350 Monaro, without changing anything (much, depending on the gearbox you choose - and that's only a matter of putting the hole in the floorpan in the right place...wtf?) even Monaro guards and dash fit perfectly

you know you wanna! same floor pan, same chasssis.....well after you bolt a few things to it, surely Monaro running gear shouldn't be THAT hard to get hold of......Classic Spares comes to mind - a 350 Chevy will bolt straight in - with perhaps a bit of drive shaft modification/maybe not you bolt a 4 speed Muncie (speeeeling) gearbox on to it. the mind bogles at the possibilities.......and there's no 'black boxes' to fuck you up - the cover of a packet of Tally-Ho's to set your points, and to set your plugs a gum leaf

;)

Edited by osama_bin_athlon

Just jizzed a little. Looks real nice! Can't wait to see her when she's all done and looking in her prime again :)

Are you going to fill the holes they drilled into the B pillars to put in lap sash seat belts ?

Not sure. Legally I dont have to have seat belts, and if its only me in the car I wouldn't. But the kids will be in it occasionally so I think the belts may need to stay.

Still deciding :(

an HK Brougham would be nice to do up, but, an HG is the very last of the real Kingswoods - you can turn it into a virtual 350 Monaro, without changing anything

Exactly :)

It will be a V8. A man needs a toy :)

Cars are shits of things, I just spent 3/4 of the morning replacing a bump strip on my car as the screws on the other one rusted through and it fell off. I had noticed it but forgotten about... no yay for 80's crap boxes. If there's one thing I hate more than most other things it's working on cars... not mentioning the $17 for a can of bumper black to match the rest of the bump strips on my car. It's really the last thing I felt like doing on my last free day off. Oh well, I fixed it good and proper... pulled another one off a wreck, rust converted the back of it and primed it before getting round to the front and putting a new coat of paint on it to match the car. It'll be another few more years if that ever rusts through by which time I'll be rid of this car and have a decent job. The joys of being a uni student and having to fend for yourself. If I asked a panel beater to do the same he'd probably smile and say a couple hundred bucks in my time and labor.

Edited by i_am_banned