smadge1

Portal 2

I wish they would release Ep3, the end of Ep2 was left tantalisingly hanging.

Do you reckon they could possibly release it ninja-like, "Surprise, bonus HL2-Ep3"

also

Posted Image

I was thinking that. The price of portal 2 seems a bit steep for a valve game, wasn't L4D2 only like $30-$40? I get the feeling there will be something else coming with Portal 2.

I was thinking that. The price of portal 2 seems a bit steep for a valve game, wasn't L4D2 only like $30-$40? I get the feeling there will be something else coming with Portal 2.

That would be pretty cool

Though, Valve did say a while back that they planned to release 2 games very very very close to each other

I doubt it would be Left 4 Dead 3, as last time Valve did the 2 quick release thing was with 1 and 2. That only leaves Episode 3

Or, it could be that Episode 3 comes out, then Half Life 3 quickly after???

I dunno

All I want to do is play the next portal and Half Life games :)

L4D2 was $NZ99 in stores a Full Price game ($50 USD?), it was 10% off preorder like this one. And as low as $7.50 in steam sales (once or twice a year).

Portal was free for the week of the release of the Mac Steam version, if you missed that well DOAH.

Portal 2 will be on special after it drops or have a free weekend (for co-op to sell more) or not. The one thing they know is Valve fan bois basically buy anything they make. Maybe it gets a hat for TF2 after the pre-order to get more sales again (gives it to preorders as well).

EP3 will be here sometime and I'd love to see more leaks of screens and tid bits of info, rather than them pimp these other products

Unfortunately they keep making money like a boss, and aren't dropping a lot of hints when we can see it.

now we have a combined Console and PC gaming forum

Welcome to the PS3 users, and Portal 2 comes to the PS3 with added steamworks, well done. Buy the PS3 version, and you get the PC/Mac version for free.

now we have a combined Console and PC gaming forum

Welcome to the PS3 users, and Portal 2 comes to the PS3 with added steamworks, well done. Buy the PS3 version, and you get the PC/Mac version for free.

Could you buy the PS3 version for the free PC version, then sell the PS3 disc? (I imagine not, they would have worked around this possiblity)

well, apparently you have to link your PSN account to your Steam account for it to work.

I'm sure they've already thought about the possibility of people selling the PS3 copy.

Will it work the other way? ie buy steam pc version, get mac and PS3 version too? Or do consoles still need physical media these days?

<- Ignorant about consoles

If you buy it for PC, you have it for Mac. Vice versa

You won't get a free copy for the PS3

EDIT: $45 ain't a bad price

I got Portal late 2009 with The Orange Box, but my mate bought it on release at EB, and paid quite a lot for it

Edited by nobody813

Will it work the other way? ie buy steam pc version, get mac and PS3 version too? Or do consoles still need physical media these days?

<- Ignorant about consoles

Nope, it's a one-way deal. Buy the physical media for the console, hook up your PS3 account to your Steam account, hey presto! Second copy on Steam.

Buuuuut it means you can't really trade the PS3 copy in. Well I suppose you could, but the person buying it wouldn't be able to play it from my knowledge of how the system would work (steam cloud is where the saves are kept, surmisably it ties the account to the disc somehow).

If anyone's desperate to get their hands on a rubics cube and a numbered box, the Portal 2 Cube Edition is on preorder at EB games.

http://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-153299-Portal...Cube-Edition-PC

anyone else not excited?

That's pretty cool, but stupidly expensive

I now remember why my mate paid so much for Portal years back, he bought it from EB Games on release

If you buy it for PC, you have it for Mac. Vice versa

You won't get a free copy for the PS3

EDIT: $45 ain't a bad price

I got Portal late 2009 with The Orange Box, but my mate bought it on release at EB, and paid quite a lot for it

I paid $30 or $40 for the orange box on steam at release, buying it from a store would have been a bad idea, your friend is an idiot :P

and wow, the exchange rate is the best it's ever been too!

If anyone's desperate to get their hands on a rubics cube and a numbered box, the Portal 2 Cube Edition is on preorder at EB games.

anyone else not excited?

I never thought valve would stoop so low as to try and grab more money with a shitty collectors edition including some plastic made in china junk but it seems they have.

anyone else not excited?

I never thought valve would stoop so low as to try and grab more money with a shitty collectors edition including some plastic made in china junk but it seems they have.

I was going to say "Its probably EA's doing" but its the PC version, so its Valve's doing...for shame :P

Edited by nukejockey

anyone else not excited?

I was going to say "Its probably EA's doing" but its the PC version, so its Valve's doing...for shame :P

Pretty sure EA still distribute Valve's games in the retail channel.

EDIT: Wikipedia entry confirms this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_2

Edited by smadge1

anyone else not excited?

probably EA then, I was getting worried there for a second.

anyone else not excited?

Does it?

The game will be released by Valve, through both retail and Steam, for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X; PlayStation 3[9] and Xbox 360 versions of the game will be distributed by Electronic Arts..

EB probably made the collectors editions themselves.

I highly doubt that Valve would do this.