for some reason this arvo i had my computer freeze up and after reboot i no longer have a D drive (dvd/cd rom) ive tried reinstalling the drivers off the net but to no avail.

is there something that i need to do to get it back. ive also tried system restore with no success. ive gone into the device manager and it shows it there but says error code 39 and i can seem to be able to find how to fix it.

could somebody please tell me how or where to go to fix this please.

cheerz Madz.

for some reason this arvo i had my computer freeze up and after reboot i no longer have a D drive (dvd/cd rom) ive tried reinstalling the drivers off the net but to no avail.

is there something that i need to do to get it back. ive also tried system restore with no success. ive gone into the device manager and it shows it there but says error code 39 and i can seem to be able to find how to fix it.

could somebody please tell me how or where to go to fix this please.

cheerz Madz.

sounds like it may have just died

you could try it in another pc and if that doesnt work i guess your about to spend ~$30 on a new dvd burner

As already suggested, the drive may just be rooted. An easy way to test this is to see if you can boot from a CD. This removes Windows from the equation and is a good and easy diagnostic step.

It's broken i guess. Try installing it to a different PC and test it if it still works if not then replacing it would be the best option.