Morgoth

Pretty sure I just bricked my system

I apologise, I haven't read the thread in it's entirety.

If you shorted the 5v or 12v to ground, it's unlikely you've ruined anything but your PSU. It the 12v was shorted to 5v, well, then it's likely anything connected to the 5v was fried.

[edit]: Oh, issue is way past the debugging point :P

Rob.

It's likely that it's exactly what occured, but I would have thought the psu turning itself off would prevent any spiking going to the board itself.

The PSU seems to be fine, rails fine at idle on a PSU tester and I powered some fans up, I know it's not a perfect test, but the second PSU reacted to the mobo the same way as my hx1000 and worked fine not connected.

It's all pointing at the mobo, hopefully no damage was done to the RAM or CPU, and especially I hope not to the GPUS, cause I have warranty on the ram/cpu

shit man, best of luck sorting it out.

regarding the gigabyte board boot looping; mine started doing the loop boot thing after i first overclocked it. Does it at random, maybe 20% of the time. I reset everything back to stock but it still did it so put it back to the overclock (proven stable, never blue screened under any load). I still trust the gigabyte products though, i've had a few and none of them have died on me.

i know this may or may not help,but does the UD3R have a POST LED on it? if it does then check what it says.Its helped me alot when i had a little issue were it wouldnt boot.

hope you get this fixed man.

Edited by jdog

i know this may or may not help,but does the UD3R have a POST LED on it? if it does then check what it says.Its helped me alot when i had a little issue were it wouldnt boot.

hope you get this fixed man.

pretty sure he said its in the mail on the way back to PCCG

New development, PCCG has sent my X58aud3r back to gigabyte for "further testing" aka it's fucked.

And I just plugged in Mark84's ud3r and everything works!

Huzzah!

New development, PCCG has sent my X58aud3r back to gigabyte for "further testing" aka it's fucked.

Huzzah!

Good to hear =D.

Huzzah!

Wait what?

I bought a mobo off him ^

good old PCCG gear, they have pretty good prices for most things!

Yeah, from hat i read about your issue, it was either PSU or mobo, but i was betting on mobo as thats the symptoms.

hope you get your RA turned around quickly!

Yeah, from hat i read about your issue, it was either PSU or mobo, but i was betting on mobo as thats the symptoms.

Jesus dude read the whole fucking thread FFS.

Jesus dude read the whole fucking thread FFS.

easy tiger..... while i dont understand the large words you used, i think i follow your well-thought-out and subtly helpful response.

*cough*

the OP said he got an RA from PCCG and had sent a mobo back to them and it was tehn going back to gigabyte.

or was i reading this wrong:

Huzzah!

hopefully i didnt miss a post somewhere and he is talking about someone else's mobo?

if i did, either show me where i was wrong or something useful man, i like useful.

in any case, a dead mobo sucks heaps.

usually gigabyte are pretty decent platforms!

IT'S ALIVE *RAWRR*

Yep, mobo was royally fucked, the new one hasn't boot looped yet, so I guess I'll keep this giga board for a while.

Interesting using a 24" screen after 2 weeks of 15.6 laptop power.

congratulations!

the morgoth beast is alive again!

The stupid mounts on the Apogee XT block/backplate stripped (well one or two did) so I'm buying another block when I find one.

So at the moment the GPU's are on water and just an air cooler on the CPU, but at least it's going! And the GPU's a few degrees cooler!

The stupid mounts on the Apogee XT block/backplate stripped (well one or two did) so I'm buying another block when I find one.

So at the moment the GPU's are on water and just an air cooler on the CPU, but at least it's going! And the GPU's a few degrees cooler!

Know the thread size? As I have some small metric recoil thread inserts here. M3, M4, M5 and M6 to be precise.

http://www.afsrecoil.net/en/Products/Kits/Standard_Kit.html

Edited by aliali