Sign in to follow this  
NukeJockey

Dead Island

It looks to me like the zombies still "degrade" those 2 on fire looked like their flesh was falling off.

Also, another good attempt at a trailer to provoke some feelings in the viewer, the music was nice, but I didn't "Feel" it.

Still really looking forward to this though.

From these 2 trailers I get the feeling they want us to think of the zombies as people that are victims rather than monsters. Interesting because it creates a sort of conflict between humanising them but then also having to kill them in incredibly violent manners.

Edited by Bundy

From these 2 trailers I get the feeling they want us to think of the zombies as people that are victims rather than monsters...

Good luck with that!

/starts chainsaw

From these 2 trailers I get the feeling they want us to think of the zombies as people that are victims rather than monsters...

Good luck with that!

/starts chainsaw

Haha, though it would be an interesting dichotomy, the game clearly has pretensions of emotional depth, yet Techland's development history comprise mostly of racers, was Call of Juarez a well told story?

Good luck with that!

/starts chainsaw

Haha, though it would be an interesting dichotomy, the game clearly has pretensions of emotional depth, yet Techland's development history comprise mostly of racers, was Call of Juarez a well told story?

I thoroughly enjoyed the stories in both Call of Juarez games.

Techland have released almost 12 minutes of gameplay footage for DI.

Visually it's a good looking game and I'm warming to the use of an open world but I wonder if the storytelling will be good enough to contextualize the missions, it would be a shame if Dead Island were a mere collection of switch flipping and fetch quests so I hope the writing is as interesting and varied as the encapsulated stories in Fallout 3.

Edited by King_TriTAN

I don't want to watch the whole thing, but from the 5 minutes I saw, it looks like my kind of game. All memories of the last 2 trailers forgotten, I've always wanted an open world zombie apocalypse game. Granted I'm not a massive fan of setting (would much prefer an urban setting) but it still looks like heaps of fun.

Craftable weapons, Driveable Vehicles, huge island and drop in/out co-op. Awesome.

I don't want to watch the whole thing, but from the 5 minutes I saw, it looks like my kind of game. All memories of the last 2 trailers forgotten, I've always wanted an open world zombie apocalypse game. Granted I'm not a massive fan of setting (would much prefer an urban setting) but it still looks like heaps of fun.

Craftable weapons, Driveable Vehicles, huge island and drop in/out co-op. Awesome.

I can't see the vids at work..

but didn't you just discribe DR2? except replace island with massive shopping centre?

DR2 isn't exactly open world in the same sense as Dead Island, you need to progress to open up new areas and stuff. Apparently Dead Island is more open world like like Oblivion.

Apparently Dead Island is more open world like like Oblivion.

All three pieces of my male gear stand on edge thinking about that. Apparently my testicles have learnt some new tricks.

At around 15:54 in that video KT linked, you'll see a steam achievement pop up. So this is PC footage. Looking pretty bloody good. Will be interesting to see how it goes on console as its environments are fairly detailed.

I hate the dialogue in that game, I don't want my character screeching "I set you free!" when a zombie dies, spoken lines need to be more situational and less generic. So far DI is still looking a bit janky but there's fun to be had with the core gameplay, polish, polish, polish I suppose.

Edited by King_TriTAN

It's very gamey isn't it, I'm not blown away to be honest. I sort of want to understand the story elements, I wonder if that cinematic trailer had any substance.

Group buy on a 4-pack?

Just saw it pop up on steam today and been eagerly awaiting this little nugget of open-world, zombie carnage!

Are we sure we aren't going to get a dickless version like L4D2? I'll never forget how sad I was after getting the local version of that...

It hasn't been censored, saw a post on the steam forums about it, apparantly Brenna Hillier (I think thats her name) contacted the OFLC and Techland and it has not been edited, woo.

Ordered the 4-pack. Decent value!

Comes with some terribly dull extras, but (hopefully) worth the $37.

Awesome news...

Got copies to spare viremia or are they all spoken for?

Sorry about that, Nemisis.

No spares left!

I'm sure there will be a few people here willing to go in for another!

Hahaha, of course you are.

Thanks anyway viremia, will just have to find another 3 willing zombie killers!

4 player co-op.

Buy 4-pack and share with Nuke and 2 friends.

Nukes girlfriend wants to join.

4 player co-op..

:P