Sign in to follow this  
NukeJockey

Dead Island

Hahaha, of course you are.

Thanks anyway viremia, will just have to find another 3 willing zombie killers!

i wouldnt mine one i neither would my brother so ill have a chat with him and see what he says.

So how much for 2 copies?

Edited by jdog

I'm interested in this but I'm not sure. After playing Dead Rising 2 for a few hours I gave up on it. Got real tedious having to fight just to get around the map (when re tracing steps zombies have been replaced with more) and the whole weapon degrading thing got annoying too.

I actually like this game... it's not popular so much but I liked it and I was suprised...my expectations were bad but the game turned out to be good

I actually like this game... it's not popular so much but I liked it and I was suprised...my expectations were bad but the game turned out to be good

You mean you like the game that's not out yet?

lorins, what planet are you from?

Have we encountered true alien life?

Please share with us your secrets and technology!

/raises hand

If anyone else is getting a 4-pack, I'll get in on it. ;)

Otherwise I'll get a 4-pack on pay day, and split it with whoever wants in.

Nice one, Dread.

If jdog and his bro want in we already have 4 so stay tuned ;)

Fired up L4D2 last night for first time in forever with this newfangle gore hack and fuck me a I love killing zombies!

Dread, im happy to go in on 2 copies if you get a 4 pack but wont be able to pay for about a week or 2 if thats ok with you.

Edited by jdog

6.6gb for a game of this scope isn't sounding too promising...

Hope it doesn't suck. :P

Preloading now.

It's only pulling 80s so far on Metacritic but this quote from the first PC review has me hard in a special kind of way. "It could be done better but a mix of Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead is amazing fun". Bonner achieved.

The opening of IGNs review

Dead Island is Fallout 3 with zombies. Plenty of people are going to compare it to Dead Rising (as you can create weapons) and Left 4 Dead (as the action is first-person and good for four players online), but when I finally got past the game's obtuse opening and less than stellar cutscenes, I found a world rife with quests, interesting environments, and a character progression system that had me begging for more hours in the day. In short, Dead Island's a rough around the edges role-playing game, and I dug it.

Sounds like it may have scored higher if the presentation was better.

fuck yeah! i bought it without even pondering on the gameplay style but fallout 3 + zombies has me sold again! id love to be able to clear out the whole island myself... :D will sink a few days into this game i think

Yeah its been interesting noting the early responses.

Sounds like a bit more polish could have made a very good game, great. Still a sure thing from what I can gather.

Bring on release day!

I'll have to check some actual gameplay footage before deciding to get this.

Dead Rising 2 got me annoyed as no matter how much you culled the crowds, come back later and the area's full again. Constant fighting just to move around the map turned me off. As long as Dead Island has weapon crafting as the only game play mechanic similar to DR2, that makes me interested again. The fact that it's described as Fallout-3-like is a bonus.

Quite alot of revieus for the 360 version out now. I tend not to pay too much attention to scores but instead read the whole reviews of certain publications. So far I have high hopes. A common theme of reasons this is losing "points" seems to be A, not as pretty as alot of AAA games, and B, buggy multiplayer. The bugs will be fixed and as far as the graphics are concerned I just don't give a shit. The single player experience is getting big ups from all of the reviewers that I trust. Fucking zombie infested island of doom pants, here I come. XD