Sign in to follow this  
Morgoth

Upgrading to AthlonXP

I'll have to pull out my 2x NF7-S, I think (from memory???) that there's a 2500+ and a 3200+, I know that I have a Ti4200, and a Ti4800 (or maybe a Ti4600 - have to check.

I have quite a few 1G RAM sticks to go as well - even have reasonable cases for them - Antec, LianLi -

I remember back in the day, I didn't have the original rig for very long, the Northwoods came out, and I went with Intel - have ever since.................

maybe, one day when I'm bored shitless............

ti4200 that takes ME back to my first gaming rig i put together... ahhh i was so innocent back then, back in the day when i used to go to 24 hour LANs, then the pizza shop didn't cook our pizza cause they thought the 60-odd order was a prank

then someone introduced me to CS v1.6

then wow got released

edit: i think i still have it downstairs somewhere, iirc the card died and i ended up with a radeon 5550? (does that sound right?)

Edited by corky

ti4200 that takes ME back to my first gaming rig i put together... ahhh i was so innocent back then, back in the day when i used to go to 24 hour LANs, then the pizza shop didn't cook our pizza cause they thought the 60-odd order was a prank

then someone introduced me to CS v1.6

then wow got released

edit: i think i still have it downstairs somewhere, iirc the card died and i ended up with a radeon 5550? (does that sound right?)

If you mean a 9550, I had on of those. Was an awesome cheap card, but was really good bang for buck

I should build something like I said I would, either around my GeForce 2 MX, Voodoo 5 5500, or Radeon 9600 Pro

I have a pile of old Athlon 64 gear floating around I am willing to donate to anyone with enough motivation to do something constructive with it.

ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe MB

2x Geforce 6600gt cards (gigabyte passively cooled items)

2x 512Mb Giel ONE ram 1.5,2,2,5

And an Athlon 64 processor. Can't remember the specs, but has these numbers printed on the top.

ADA3200DIK4BI

CBBID 0509CPDW

1219666C50095

Just sitting there collecting dust. Keep thinking I should clean it all up and see if it fires up. But really cant be stuffed.

Edited by ae86represent

Ive been thinking of making an oil-cooled pc with my old pentium 4 and do some retro overclocking. One of my neighbours recently moved out and he had an empty fish tank that he gave to me. I guess its a start. :)

Ive been thinking of making an oil-cooled pc with my old pentium 4 and do some retro overclocking. One of my neighbours recently moved out and he had an empty fish tank that he gave to me. I guess its a start. :)

Didn't atomic do an article about an oil cooling setup using (castor?) oil and dry ice?

Oh look there is a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tpTrtjwixc Wasn't that long ago.

Everything that is being talked about here brings back great memories! I think I still have a X800 agp card here in one of these many boxes of crap. If I find it, you can have it! I wish I still had some of my parts from back then to give, so I can live bycariously thru you!

I have a pile of old Athlon 64 gear floating around I am willing to donate to anyone with enough motivation to do something constructive with it.

ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe MB

And an Athlon 64 processor. Can't remember the specs, but has these numbers printed on the top.

ADA3200DIK4BI

CBBID 0509CPDW

1219666C50095

Just sitting there collecting dust. Keep thinking I should clean it all up and see if it fires up. But really cant be stuffed.

I'd probably be interested in those, any idea how much shipping to 7321 would be?

ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe MB

ADA3200DIK4BI

CBBID 0509CPDW

1219666C50095

I'd probably be interested in those, any idea how much shipping to 7321 would be?

Not sure mate. My post code is 4814. Feel free to calculate freight, and if you thinks its worth while I'll box in all up in bubble wrap and send it off. I would expect $30-$50 worse case scenario. I might even be able to organise freight through the company I work for. They have a national account with TOLL/IPEC. I'll hit up the boss on Tuesday.

It would make me smile to know the gear will see a little love. I really don't think I'll ever do anything with it. Just make sure you post up some pics when its running. Oh and be sure to OC the f'k out of it and post some scores. I remember those 6600's were close to top of the atomic charts for 3d mark scores back in the day. Very impressive for passively cooled units. Though I did have an ass load of fans pointing at them lol.

I actually have 2 ATI AGP cards (9800X? and Rage Pro 128?). Unfortunately, my Pentium 4 board has PCI-e so I cant use the cards.. Im willing to give these away for something constructive too. Seems to be alot of AGP cards lying around.. Its a pity I only caught interest in PC Enthusiast stuff a few years ago (still a newbie). Ive only been gaming before that..

Edited by cohmoddersolo

Yeah, something like that

I used to have an X1650 Pro too, but traded it with a mate for a 9500GT PCIe. Had a HD 3650 AGP for a week, until I sent it back and built a brand new computer, instead of having a S478 Pentium 4 powered system in 2008 :-P

Hah yeah 2008 would be stretching it!

Okay il have the stock scores up soon, then il do max clocks on air, then il setup the water cooling I think

I know of someone with a X1950 Pro AGP. Probably too new haha

Wut

Posted Image

Looks slightly familiar. :P

Checked if it works yet?

Edited by aliali

We're gonna have to have a competiton haha

I just need to get a board that will clock (only have some shit heap Acer S478 board), and see how far I can get my old Northwood to go. Oh, and that X1950 Pro lol

Dunno how my 9600 Pro would go to be honest, probably get smashed by you :-P

So when I had some free time before, I started assembling the system. I remembered that I had an old ASUS socket 478 motherboard with AGP from my old PC using the P4 CPU originally somewhere and found it. So Im using it now with my ATI 9800 pro. Unfortunately, when I fired it up, theres no display coming onto the screen (left monitor, pic below). I didn't have time to troubleshoot it cause it was dinner time. Anyways without further ado, here it is!(ignore the time on the pictures. Cant be bothered adjusting the time).

Posted Image

If you notice, theres a silver sticker on the bottom left of my motherboard ontop of the chipset thats quite a worry. What do you think this is? Should I take it off or leave it? If Im not mistaken, I think this had had a "Blower". Something like a defibrillator to bring this motherboard back to live(Im sorry if I sound a stupid. As Ive said, Im still a newbie). Also Im using a generic 380W PSU. I dont think its too much of a worry if Im not OCing, although I might OC it when I oil cool it. I really like your PSU, Morgoth. What PSU is it?

Ti4200, i used to have one of these, cost me $320 and played the fuck outta battlefield 1942 with it.

The psu is a super flower 500w

I'm attempting to get 2.5ghz (200x12.5) stable with ram running 1:1@2-2-2-5 timings

Nice work morgoth, nice to get some nostalgia going.

why not just get a new Phenom dude? they are pretty damn wicked stock...and its new!

i used to OC and now i CBF as there isnt enough time to do everything (family, work, life etc)

best of luck tho aye.... OC'ing is kinda fun :P

Posted Image Edited by nesquick