Sign in to follow this  
Morgoth

Upgrading to AthlonXP

very nice

bring on 500+mhz 21k 54k 8k

last one may be a stretch but i have faith in that silicon combined with that icy tazzy weather hell it was even -1c here in vic lastnight

Epic. Nice work morgy, keep at it, wanna see records broken :)

Edit: Oh and when you get your final CPU oc sorted, do some SuperPi runs and post em in the sticky thread.

Edited by mark84

Thanks!

Il try for 500 core and a bit higher on the mem, the CPU may have more I dunno, gotta tinker with it.

All I know is that 37 second range is top ten on hwbot for desktop bartons, so I'm going alright so far, wish I had the vdimm to take this bh5 sky high

Thanks!

Il try for 500 core and a bit higher on the mem, the CPU may have more I dunno, gotta tinker with it.

All I know is that 37 second range is top ten on hwbot for desktop bartons, so I'm going alright so far, wish I had the vdimm to take this bh5 sky high

limited to psu 3.3v? its fairly easy to mod the psu 3.3v up to ~3.6v

Hmm I might look into that !

Okay trying to get a run of 230FSB with lower multi, also it runs 500MHz on the core =]

fairly sure you just stick a resistor in the sence wire coming back from the 20 pin plug and with that my antec 430w tp went up to ~3.70-3.75v before its safety gear kicked in and shut down the psu

with that i was able to feed ~3.35v into the bh-5 for up to ~265mhz but the chipset was rather unstable at that speed on the p4 so i dont know how much extra your going to gain with that old girl where the chipset may already be your limiter

still fun to try :)

Edited by Dasa

Yeah I mean once I've run out of oomph, it might be the only option, as it increases NB volts.

I am going to try beat Gamble's 21k and all my other benches without LOD tweaks.

Might do some later for fun though ^

got nowhere, everything was just flaking out, also I think my 12V rail isn't strong enough, it reads 11.00 in bios with the 40w 220cfm fan on, 11.20 without it on, this isn't under load either :/

got nowhere, everything was just flaking out, also I think my 12V rail isn't strong enough, it reads 11.00 in bios with the 40w 220cfm fan on, 11.20 without it on, this isn't under load either :/

Is it a decent PSU?

Should be, super flower 500w

Got a multi meter to test with?

I dunno, not sure we have one.

Btw I posted the two CPUs and the ram.

I got a present in the mail.

An Athlon xpm 2400+ Barton,

Also came with an original boxed nf7 with accessories, and no shit check this thing out haha

Posted Image

Oh wow I am severely CPU limited now in 3dmark01se!

wew!! Hit heavy GPU bottleneck now, there's another 100pts or so I think I could manage

#1 21286 Morgoth - XP-M 2400+@2640MHz, 9800XXL@500/420

Posted Image

Aquamark has improved a little, now hitting a wall I reckon

Posted Image

3Dmark03 was GPU limited before, got a nice little increase

Posted Image\

Now to beat 38.8second superpi...

Okay so far I haven't been able to hit 240 FSB again :/ Not cold enough maybe

Just did 38.531s, 300ms improvement!

2700MHz 11.5x235

Posted Image

Thankyou!

Spent many hours in the freezing shed tweaking this machine, next step is lower temps and then done more voltage, mainly for superpi.

Also I have the 9800xxl 3dmark03 world record if I submit to hwbot.

The only scores on there for this card are 7700 in 03 using a QX6700 kentsfield system.

His 3dmark01 is 30 because of the CPU

Also I have the 9800xxl 3dmark03 world record if I submit to hwbot.

The only scores on there for this card are 7700 in 03 using a QX6700 kentsfield system.

His 3dmark01 is 30 because of the CPU

So.... why haven't you done it yet?

Damn good job man, hats off to you! There for a while I thought I might be good for another 8 years! Lol, I would spend hours/days trying to get a better score!

Edited by gamble

@Reaper I need to get a newer version of GPUZ that sees the card as an XXL for better clarification, despite being able to upload a picture of the actual card in my setup as well.

Thanks man! I aimed high with this, honestly though no fucking way would I catch the X800!

I doubt there's many AthlonXP/9800 combinations that would touch this unless below zero, my biggest weakness right now is FSB, which I intend on fixing, then some 250FSB 1:1 with BH-5@250MHz 2-2-2-5, then we will see some low 37s scores.

My desktop chip I was benching with earlier is almost in the top 10 range of the HWbot desktop 2500+ superpi1m.