Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

I've yet to see that in my travels. I may have to make a quick visit to the local alcohol supermarket chain and see if they stock it.

Malkieri I have no idea what that is, model or make, please help out an old fart from the sticks.

Edited by Waltish

Malkieri I have no idea what that is, model or make, please help out an old fart from the sticks.

Mazda 3 Neo Hatchback.

2.0L, 4 cyl. Main reason for purchase was fuel economy and maintenance. I like the size and looks of it too. Plus they tend to hold resale value.

Slightly depressing moving from a 2.7 L twin-turbo Audi though - but the fuel + maintenance (180,000K+ 9 year old car) was driving us broke.

Ah thanks for that , I have seen one around it was black and that hid a lot of the shape, so couldnt tell without seeing the badging what your one was , anyway it might not pull like a turbo but 2 L is not too small for a car that size .

It looks sharp as in good looking , nice score Malkieri {:)

Telstra 3G wifi hotspot.

Posted Image

After two days with it I think I want to sell it.

What a POS

Telstra 3G wifi hotspot.

Posted Image

After two days with it I think I want to sell it.

What a POS

lol

Thinking of buying this.

Posted Image

$1300 from an American site, with $150 shipping. Several hundred cheaper than buying from somewhere in australia, though I am wary about international shipping. Might do a thread on talkbass or somewhere, they should know all about this stuff...

I'm not a particularly big fan of Fender, but I do believe that there instrument is missing a string or two.

If you're some kind of trebly girl, maybe :P

I've been wanting a fretless for ages, and Fender are about the only ones I really like. I played a Warwick Rockbass fretless for about ten seconds in a shop once and was in love, but their pricing is not that great, and I'm looking at a little higher quality than another Indoesian-made instrument.

One annoying thing, is that a lot of the bass tones I've been digging lately are all played on Precisions. And a P-bass is THE most boring bass there is.

I would go nuts without a low B. I am constantly frustrated with the lack of a high C.

Have you looked at something like.... well, the brand names I thought I knew are wrong, but, http://www.bassworks.com.au/store/category33_1.htm ? I've not actually played an electric like those, but I find the bigger scale length that kind of design offers complements the lack of frets.

Posted Image

brand new monitor array, dear god these things are bright and crisp.

The outers are LG W2053TQs and the centre is an LG W2343T

I would go nuts without a low B. I am constantly frustrated with the lack of a high C.

Have you looked at something like.... well, the brand names I thought I knew are wrong, but, http://www.bassworks.com.au/store/category33_1.htm ? I've not actually played an electric like those, but I find the bigger scale length that kind of design offers complements the lack of frets.

I've never really wanted an upright, other than 'that might be cool to have', but I doubt I'd use it much. For extended range-ness, I've wanted a Dingwall for years, for a low B that isn't complete horse shite. A high C is something I've occasionally wanted, but mostly it would get in the way. Was about to pull the trigger on a Dingwall Combustion, but the only dealer in the country has them overpriced, and also the site hasn't changed whatsoever for like a year, so I'll hang onto my monies.

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

I have no idea what they sound like, but that looks pretty neat.

This is a pretty good example of what they sound like. It's the ABZ, which is the cheapest non-chinese model they make. Most reviews of basses are just of tools slapping non-stop for 5 minutes, this guy actually plays the thing.

One of these new, same colour, alloy wheels too:

[snipped]fannymagnet[/snipped]

Nice. Now its your turn to post a new vehicle thread! :)

One of these new, same colour, alloy wheels too:

[snipped]fannymagnet[/snipped]

Nice. Now its your turn to post a new vehicle thread! :)

I'll take some photos today and post them up in accordance with tradition.

Got my iphone connected up with bluetooth last night which was fun (never had a car with that feature before). Now I'm reading the manual to work out all the bells and whistles.

This is a pretty good example of what they sound like. It's the ABZ, which is the cheapest non-chinese model they make. Most reviews of basses are just of tools slapping non-stop for 5 minutes, this guy actually plays the thing.

Fixed it for you, good clip Thanks.

Well, it's not my most recent, but since this thread has gone all musical, I might as well throw it in.

Posted Image

It's just fun playing with the 500 different sound effects ;)

"I, Zombie" vol. 1, by Chris Roberson (art by Mike Allred)

Posted Image

"All-Star Superman" vol. 1 & 2, by Grant Morrison (art by Frank Quitely)

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Previews" Issue 271 - April 2011

Posted Image