Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm gonna quote this post to be a dick, so people have to scroll past that giant Like pic twice.

Today I got my Starting Strength book. If it had got here a few days earlier and maybe I could have avoided snapping my back up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also got my sister's ball dress delivered from China. She got it off ebay but had to use my account (and money, of course). I can't be bothered going to take a half decent picture of it.

Posted Image

I've heard that mentioned a few times around here. I'll look into it one day.

Oh get fucked with the quoting!!!!!!!!!

Finally...she is here:

Posted Image

Nice!

Not my style, but it looks pretty good.

How much did that set you back?

I just got a $2000 2012 GIANT Trance X3 the other week... such a plush ride.

Posted Image

Ended up setting me back $1540, but I'll make a few changes later on...CBF going the full carbon route. Gave it a good thrash on a 100km loop from Hall's Gap to Moyston & up Mt Williams on Saturday morning....such a huge fucking change from the frankenbike I've been suffering on :D

MrInsaneBuff - hipster colours mean more visibility in the wee small hours when riding to work in the dark ;)

MrInsaneBuff - hipster colours mean more visibility in the wee small hours when riding to work in the dark ;)

I think that he meant the photo itself, rather than the object in the photo, heh.

Rob.

Lucky no one was talking about the nifty 50 then, hey? ;)

But it's the more comparable lens to a manual lens, being at least much closer in price :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm gonna quote this post to be a dick, so people have to scroll past that giant Like pic twice.

Today I got my Starting Strength book. If it had got here a few days earlier and maybe I could have avoided snapping my back up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also got my sister's ball dress delivered from China. She got it off ebay but had to use my account (and money, of course). I can't be bothered going to take a half decent picture of it.

Posted Image

I've heard that mentioned a few times around here. I'll look into it one day.

Oh get fucked with the quoting!!!!!!!!!

lol

Posted Image

I have one of those but sadly don't use it.

I had one, but the on-screen keyboard drove me nuts. Replacing it with one of the newer touchscreens.

Lucky no one was talking about the nifty 50 then, hey? ;)

But it's the more comparable lens to a manual lens, being at least much closer in price :)

And i like cheese. Luckily, that also has nothing to do with a nifty fifty.

Finally...she is here:

Posted Image

Nice!

Posted Image

Ended up setting me back $1540, but I'll make a few changes later on...CBF going the full carbon route. Gave it a good thrash on a 100km loop from Hall's Gap to Moyston & up Mt Williams on Saturday morning....such a huge fucking change from the frankenbike I've been suffering on :D

Not bad. Personally I don't see much point in spending tons of money on full carbon unless you're racing competitively and require a lighter ride.

How long did the 100km take? I struggle doing a 15km ride, haha.

Granted, I ride different terrain on a heavier bike... but I have no doubt I'm not as fit either. :p

And yeah, my new ride is so much nicer than my old one too. My old bike ('08 GIANT Yukon SX) was definitely painful to ride in comparison to my new one.

I was looking at the XTC, as the dude in the bike shop suggested it to me... but I can't go back to a hardtail, the added comfort of a dualie (even on the road) is just too hard to ignore... plus I find the XTC to be quite ugly.

As we are talking about bikes I figured that I better post my latest purchase. A Specialized SL3 in htc colours.

The team i'm riding for this year is sponsored by Specialized so it cost me very little, which is nice. Should pick it up on saturday.

Posted Image

Obviously mine doesnt have anothers name on it.

Custom laser etched coasters from iconik

From their Kickstarter campaign a while ago.

EDIT: Photographic evidence.

Posted Image

Edited by krispy89

Finally...she is here:

Nice!

Not bad. Personally I don't see much point in spending tons of money on full carbon unless you're racing competitively and require a lighter ride.

How long did the 100km take? I struggle doing a 15km ride, haha.

Granted, I ride different terrain on a heavier bike... but I have no doubt I'm not as fit either. :p

And yeah, my new ride is so much nicer than my old one too. My old bike ('08 GIANT Yukon SX) was definitely painful to ride in comparison to my new one.

Took a little over 4 hours to do the 100km (had a bit to drink the night before). Spent the out leg on around 25-28km/h (a good pace I can keep going all day at) and up to 32-35 km/h for the return leg with a long-ish break before the climb. Mt William's got an average gradient of around 7% with a couple of 10% sections, so that dragged my sorry arse back to about 9-11km/h. I'm not used to doing hills so all the training's a new experience for me!

Thank feck Kinglake's only 4.8% (back out there this weekend >.<).

Mountain biking is something I don't think I'll ever get into though - looks like too much hard bloody work!

Edited by seehund

Thank feck Kinglake's only 4.8% (back out there this weekend >.

I assume that small gradient is going up from St Andrews? Be a man, go via Whittlesea or Yarra Glen ;)

Thank feck Kinglake's only 4.8% (back out there this weekend >.<).

I assume that small gradient is going up from St Andrews? Be a man, go via Whittlesea or Yarra Glen ;)

Hey, go easy...I only just started training for climbs :p

Anyway, it ain't easy riding in a skirt...

>.>

<.<

Edited by seehund

I guess it's safe to assume you go via Hurstbridge and Diamond Creek instead of Eltham and Kangaroo Ground, then :p

Anyway, I'm impressed. I couldn't even ride north out of Kinglake without really struggling on a few of those hills, let alone ride all the way up to Kinglake.

I guess it's safe to assume you go via Hurstbridge and Diamond Creek instead of Eltham and Kangaroo Ground, then :p

Anyway, I'm impressed. I couldn't even ride north out of Kinglake without really struggling on a few of those hills, let alone ride all the way up to Kinglake.

The first time we went up was from Heidelberg, via Eltham and Kangaroo Ground....and on a 36deg day...it was my first attempt at Kinglake (and on the old frame) and I stopped 4 or 5 times to get the heart rate back down heading up and had a savage rib cramp on the last push. We ended up calling it a day when we got back to KG and the ambient road temp was upwards of 40degs >.<

I think this weekend coming up we're taking a flatter run-up to the climb, still via Eltham/KG starting from somewhere else, but our group leader hasn't sent the route out yet.

Mt Williams was an arsehole to climb the other day but on the new frame I didn't get the cramping issues and could get more power down and considering it was at least another 3% more than Kinglake I'm hoping this weekend I'll have a more enjoyable experience :D

Perhaps we can organise a semi-annual Atomic ride in Melb sometime.

Edit: I should add that I'm 98kg, which is about 10-15 kg overweight ;)

...and I just got talked into doing the Mount Macedon Challenge in November and the 3 Peaks next year >.<

Edited by seehund

Kmart, Target & Big W all stock this current series of "Super Heroes" LEGO.

I got this one in Target as they've got 20% off all Lego this week.

I also noticed they've got 2 variants of the Batman minifig. The one in that set is more Nolan-esque "Dark Knight" but there's one in the the Catwoman mini-set and Batcave set that has the classic yellow chest emblem on grey suit.

Gotta get my hands on that version at some stage (as well as the Supes/Luthor/Wonder Woman set)

Edited by hectorbustnuts

Got these on Blu-ray from the WoW closing down sale.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0114746/

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0067992/

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1409667/ I have a massive man crush on Stephen Fry

With 20% off all the marked prices which were already reduced by heaps I could have gone absolutely apeshit but I left with just the three before I did any serious damage on the Mastercard, again....

Edited by disolusiond