Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Imagine a cheeseburger so bad that a McDonalds cheeseburger tasted awesome in comparison.

Imagine a cheeseburger so bad that a McDonalds cheeseburger tasted awesome in comparison.

If you're comparing Rekorderlig cider to a worse-than-McDonalds cheeseburger then you, sir, are a right proper snob.

If you're comparing Rekorderlig cider to a worse-than-McDonalds cheeseburger then you, sir, are a right proper snob.

Indubitably! Fetch my monocle from the powder room Jeeves!

'

If Strongbow is McDonalds, then I'd rather drink Strongbow than Rekorderlig. If I want to make it taste 'fruity', I'm sure I can find some cheap and nasty cordial with nothing but artificial flavours to spike it with.

I've drank a cup of straight maple flavoured syrup. I'd like to think it says something when I think something is too sweet and tastes too artificial. YMMV.

Couple of new Indian made GKT W207 25 x 10 - 12 tyres for the rear of the Polaris Hawkeye.

With Winter coming on some extra traction is warranted. original rears where 22 x 10 - 12 so gone up a bit bit in outside diameter (the first number). They just fit in the wheel arches but 22 x 10 - 12s are bloody hard to get.

You need to add a thread with some more pic's of your place.

Been cold down there?

yes, goddamn freezing :/

We actually need a new word for how freezing its been down here.

If Strongbow is McDonalds, then I'd rather drink Strongbow than Rekorderlig. If I want to make it taste 'fruity', I'm sure I can find some cheap and nasty cordial with nothing but artificial flavours to spike it with.

I've drank a cup of straight maple flavoured syrup. I'd like to think it says something when I think something is too sweet and tastes too artificial. YMMV.

You are a snob :).

I prefer my own cider anyway, I like to tell myself it tastes better but the truth is I'm tight-arsed.

You enjoy your cider, i hope it is sweetened by the tears of a friendship thrown away!

When you do end up cracking it let us know how it is.

Will see how it goes, but probably mid next week. Will do some thread necro around then >: )

I'm a little worried that I haven't had enough Bordelet cider to drink to pick up on differences in vintage, TBH.

Posted Image

More old tech, although not as old. Gigabyte x48 DQ6, Q9550 and 8GB Geil DDR2 800 5,5,5 15. Including postage was $280.

Not sure about that cooler though, I think it might be overkill. Probably not good to move around either.

Posted Image

Need more bits!

nice score reaperman!

Well you done with it..hit me up..i need a decent X48 gigabyte board.. :D

Ooh, that's a sweet shirt. I've ordered a bunch of shirts lately.

Posted Image

http://www.threadless.com/product/1820/HOT_CHICKS_ON_WOLVES

Posted Image

http://www.threadless.com/product/2530/Sin_City

Posted Image

http://donnyshankle.myshopify.com/products...l-t-shirt-large

Posted Image

Ooh I forgot about this one http://www.teefury.com/archive/1025/Who_Watches_the_Empire/

Posted Image

And this one I really like which unfortunately is a fair bit too big for me. It's not on the site I got it from anymore nor could I find the design on any other site so I took a pic.

Posted Image

Can't find this again either

Posted Image

And just ordered this http://www.nowherebad.com/

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

Dev model? Thought you didn't like their screens.

I just got sick of my current phone and bought the best thing on the market. The display is better than I expected, but it does still suck at rendering text with small font size. Apart from the display and physical looks, this phone is brilliant. Fast/fluid, great audio, large battery, notification LED, thin and light, fantastic camera, NFC and all the other wireless goodies. It's also my new dev phone since it has every sensor and technology under the sun.

So you don't like it because it's sweet. That's fine. Doesn't mean it's cheap crap, it just means it's suited to a taste different than your own.

I despise seafood, does that mean I'm justified in saying that a $300 lobster is the equivalent to a worse-than-mcdonalds-cheeseburger because I do not like the taste?

It's not the (sugar) sweetness that's the issue. While I also don't like it, that's not what I'm saying: I'm saying it's just bad cider. If you're going to put fruit other than apple into cider, at least make it taste like that fruit, rather than some cheap approximation.

If you like it, that's great, but it's not really cider you're liking so much as an artificially flavoured alcopop. Which is why I'm not going to go out of my way to share expensive French actual cider, where you can talk about things like the trees the fruit comes from being 300 years old, or the tannin and acidity levels, with someone who prefers and is happy with something that was maybe in the same room as an apple, once.

It's not the (sugar) sweetness that's the issue. While I also don't like it, that's not what I'm saying: I'm saying it's just bad cider. If you're going to put fruit other than apple into cider, at least make it taste like that fruit, rather than some cheap approximation.

If you like it, that's great, but it's not really cider you're liking so much as an artificially flavoured alcopop. Which is why I'm not going to go out of my way to share expensive French actual cider, where you can talk about things like the trees the fruit comes from being 300 years old, or the tannin and acidity levels, with someone who prefers and is happy with something that was maybe in the same room as an apple, once.

Ok, that's fair enough. I'm not actually arguing with you at this point, I just think it's a bit silly to assume that because he enjoys Rekorderlig, he wouldn't appreciate a nice expensive cider. I agree that Rekorderlig is pretty much a lolly drink, though. I still enjoy it.

Rekorderlig pear tastes like toffee apples. I like it.

I also don't consider Rekorderlig to really be cider. I appreciate it for what it is though.

I also *really* enjoy good cider. And good beer. Good everything really. Bad anything should die.

When things could be better, they should be better. Strive for perfection, accept nothing less. When we allow the mediocre to be accepted, perfection is replaced and the magic stops.

Got it for five bucks.

Posted Image

Me very happy.

Watching the show through again. It remains one of my favourites. Right up there with Boston Legal.

Got it for five bucks.

Posted Image

Me very happy.

Watching the show through again. It remains one of my favourites. Right up there with Boston Legal.

It went through a bit of an iffy stage in the middle, but it never ceases to engage me.

I love the fact that they can throw out a decent portion of their cast, and just reinvent themselves.

Rob.