Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Cooler Master Cosmos II (phenomenal case; recommend it to anyone looking for a higher-end enclosure)

Posted Image

Edited by draca

Cooler Master Cosmos II (phenomenal case; recommend it to anyone looking for a higher-end enclosure)

http://i46.tinypic.com/2m6v7h5.jpg

Take pics of the build!

Post in building and troubleshooting subforum!

Have geeks ogle the result!

:D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Something to watch (listen to) on the drive to Melbourne next week. Commentaries are fun.

'

Loving the fuel consumption, getting about 4.4L / 100KM in mixed driving conditions, gets down to about 3.9-4.1 in the 'burbs and around 4.3 on the Freeway.

Wait. What?

How does 3.9-4.1 in the burbs and 4.3 in the Freeway end up to average to 4.4 in mixed driving conditions?

Rob.

Loving the fuel consumption, getting about 4.4L / 100KM in mixed driving conditions, gets down to about 3.9-4.1 in the 'burbs and around 4.3 on the Freeway.

Wait. What?

How does 3.9-4.1 in the burbs and 4.3 in the Freeway end up to average to 4.4 in mixed driving conditions?

Rob.

Time / Distance covered?

'

Wait. What?

Rob.

Time / Distance covered?

'

I think what rob is saying is that the only way any combination of those numbers can add up to 4.4 is in backwards world.

Although I could be wrong. It has happened once before.

So, I just noticed how lame it is when people post web images of things. Wait 'til it arrives and send a proper photo! It's more fun and personal that way.

Wait. What?

Rob.

Time / Distance covered?

'

I think what rob is saying is that the only way any combination of those numbers can add up to 4.4 is in backwards world.

Although I could be wrong. It has happened once before.

My drive to work is about 1 minute of burbs and about 15 minutes of highway, the rest is stopping and starting a lot and lots of dropping to 60, back up to 80 or 90 and then back to 60, I end up with 4.4 because my drive to work is frigging retarded.

I wish my drive to work was either all quiet suburban roads or all freeway, but unfortunately, it is a hodge podge of multiple speed limits and ridiculous amounts of clogged traffic.

To clarify for Rob, my drive is neither Burbs or Highway consistently enough for the fuel to be burned efficiently, as such my standard consumption is 4.4L/100KM, the burb and freeway figures were what I got over a weekend of driving to and around Sydney.

Edited by lunchbox1988

So, I just noticed how lame it is when people post web images of things. Wait 'til it arrives and send a proper photo! It's more fun and personal that way.

+1. The pic doesn't have to be epic. Just some effort for your +1 post people!

Some new reading material...

Posted Image

Do you really want a picture of the two DVD's I just purchased, when they look exactly the same as the 200 file photos on the internets?

I'm just happy people have stopped posting pictures that are 8000x7500.

'

I'm tempted, very tempted, to post my favourite image of the universe.

But I didn't buy it, so it would be an off topic post.

I'm tempted, very tempted, to post my favourite image of the universe.

But I didn't buy it, so it would be an off topic post.

Buy a star.

'

Do you really want a picture of the two DVD's I just purchased, when they look exactly the same as the 200 file photos on the internets?

Yes...

Posted Image

Bam!

Yay, my Tandy arrived!

Posted Image

The outside is a bit dusty and grimy, but the inside is, like, museum condition! Like it's been in a box for 25 years!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok.. this is hardly an exciting purchase but I am bored and I just switched mobile provider, having no end of issues, and want an excuse to test the photo upload capability. For some reason uploading photos works fine, but I get constant time outs trying to do other things, maybe only downstream traffic is congested as fuck.

My car has been giving me some grief and seems to be misfiring.. what a pain in the ass. I chucked some injector cleaner in (no picture) and pulled the MAF out and sprayed the shit out of it with this. Seems to be a bit better so far but will have to wait till I get on the freeway later tonight to find out for sure.

Posted Image

I also got a new terrarium for one of my pythons a few months ago, may have posted a picture then, can't remember, but I've just got him a background for it now too, which should help with a bit of insulation, and give him something to rub against when shedding. Here is another average pic from my phone as I don't actually own a camera. I had to cut it to size, a few CM off the sides and about the same off the top, as this isn't the terrarium it was designed to fit. Then it got complicated, cutting some grooves into the back so the clips on the lid would fit. I think it turned out alright.

You can also see her tail on the right, making her way under a rock. Length of the terrarium is about 90cm, length of the snake is about 1M, it's a Stimsons Python.

Posted Image

Edited by p0is0n

I'm just happy people have stopped posting pictures that are 8000x7500.

'

I decided to both take my own photo of this spanner, even through approximately 10 million other people already have upoaded photos on the net, AND i also made it nice and big.

I think this is win/win, right?

Posted Image

I decided to both take my own photo of this spanner, even through approximately 10 million other people already have upoaded photos on the net, AND i also made it nice and big.

What a tool =P

Guest MrInsaneBuff

I also got a new terrarium for one of my pythons a few months ago, may have posted a picture then, can't remember, but I've just got him a background for it now too, which should help with a bit of insulation, and give him something to rub against when shedding. Here is another average pic from my phone as I don't actually own a camera. I had to cut it to size, a few CM off the sides and about the same off the top, as this isn't the terrarium it was designed to fit. Then it got complicated, cutting some grooves into the back so the clips on the lid would fit. I think it turned out alright.

You can also see her tail on the right, making her way under a rock. Length of the terrarium is about 90cm, length of the snake is about 1M, it's a Stimsons Python.

Posted Image

Snakes.....

I hate snakes.....

I went halves on a jerky order. Will hopefully turn up later this week, and also got all the missing issues of EON and a two year sub.

Edited by MrInsaneBuff

Snakes.....

I hate snakes.....

You would be surprised how many people say that, until they get to hold it, and realise it isn't so scary :)