Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Now I need to purchase some air for them

Air is free and all around you. If it's not please teach me your ways of non respiration reliant life.

Plants!

I've been meaning to get some greenery into my room for a long time, feels so much more relaxed in here.

Adds a nice touch to the room, I could use some greenery indoors I think..

My latest purchase a new kettle and toaster from Targé, the other ones were quite a few years old. Just slowly replacing some stuff I bought when I first moved out.

Posted Image

The kettle has a display for what temperature the water is, and is adjustable between 40-100C. As you can see in the picture, its currently still at 89C which means I just made a cuppa.

The black circle on the toaster displays stuff, and controls temperature too.

Edited by p0is0n

unless he uses nitrogen for his tyres and mistakenly called it air despite the majority of the air we breathe being nitrogen.

ad

Shiny red metal valve caps FTW!

Well, lashed out and bought a new phone and tablet for my partner.

The tablet is a Braun Aldi cheapie, but she is very happy with it.

A bit quicker than my Galaxy 10.1

HN have a price structure where cost price for staff is often above retail. Do you believe that?

No. I've worked for them. Different departments and proprietors have there own way of doing things, but i can assure you that staff discounts, are discounts, wether it be cost, or 10% off RETAIL or just what ever the proprietor wants to quote.

On a different note, staff members may not be able to buy things under cost price, even if advertised.

Wrong.

Different dept's and props have their own way of doing things, but the base line is still the same.

You work in furniture with a million % markup, of course the discounts are going to be greater than a store with only 5% markup. Doesn't mean the cost price is calculated any differently...

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Mum saw those on sale yesterday. They were selling like hotcakes. One dude apparently even rushed into the store and shouted out something like " WHERE ARE THEY? TELL ME I DIDNT MISS THE TABLET!!!!!" followed by a very sheepish looking wife telling him to calm down.

If all you are after is something to surf the net, watch youtube, and do some light email they are the bees meow. Especially at $249 bucks.

Mum saw those on sale yesterday. They were selling like hotcakes. One dude apparently even rushed into the store and shouted out something like " WHERE ARE THEY? TELL ME I DIDNT MISS THE TABLET!!!!!" followed by a very sheepish looking wife telling him to calm down.

If all you are after is something to surf the net, watch youtube, and do some light email they are the bees meow. Especially at $249 bucks.

At $250 you may as well have bought the superior Nexus 7.

Does the nexus 7 have a 10" screen for $250?

Nope, but it has a higher resolution display, it's significantly more powerful, runs the latest version of Android, gets updates directly from Google, and comes with $25 Play Store credit.

Does the nexus 7 have a 10" screen for $250?

Nope, but it has a higher resolution display, it's significantly more powerful, runs the latest version of Android, gets updates directly from Google, and comes with $25 Play Store credit.

I could have placed bets that Cyber was going to say that the Nexus is better :-)

She is happy with it, it works.

It don't need to make dinner, she cooks.

These just arrived...

Posted Image

And they go with these ones very nicely...

Posted Image

Add in some basu-baru games in Tokyo and hopefully a keirin/track ride & it's gonna be a great month away.

Yep, I has a smug.

1st piece has arrived, just waiting for another parcel b4 I can mod this with the blue backlight kit.

Posted Image

Finally arrived, took about 10 days from when I ordered.. Living in WA has its downsides.

Will probably do a quick write up on how I configure it.

Posted Image

These just arrived...

Posted Image

And they go with these ones very nicely...

Posted Image

Add in some basu-baru games in Tokyo and hopefully a keirin/track ride & it's gonna be a great month away.

Yep, I has a smug.

Those two pictures have put me in a fit of full green envy.

'

Six sets of these bad boys that just came back in stock today:

Posted Image

Essentially $10 a set by using the code "SaveOnBalls". Gave me an instant 60% discount, plus free shipping.

Hope they get into the country though...