Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

evil furry creature

Are the new ones any good?

Yep. I love it. I had the original as well and this one is much better in almost every way. Also handy if you have an iphone or ipod as there is an app you can feed it from or translate furbish to english.

If you have kids or are just a big kid yourself it's definitely worth the purchase. Watch a few videos to see what the new one can do.

I got mine today actually, took a while. They're all pretty nice, chocolate peanut butter was particularly interesting.

Urgh. Did not buy.

Well I've finished all 5 samples. They were all not bad but nothing special besides the choc peanut. They all tasted pretty similar; very sweet with not much actual distinctive flavour. For instance banana and vanilla tasted almost the same. But overall pretty good. I actually got a free sample of banana WPI from Bulk Nutrients today, it was the only flavour I hadn't tried from them. It was very nice and distinctive, I could see myself buying some of it, but not a bulk order. You're going to have a bad time if you buy more than a kilo or two of something that's not chocolate or vanilla.

Trying to get myself back into skateboarding.

Just picked up a pair of Vans Spitfire TNT Mid shoes

Have a helmet, knee pads and bearings on their way to me.

Not ridden in a really long time but there are so many awesome places to skate now, I have to check them out.

Have spent well over $300 on gear. I hope I don't break the board or myself on my first run. That'll suck.

This rather hefty device just turned up

Posted Image

And this little device is winging its way here.

Posted Image

Meaning my video work can now be technically great.. while still artistically boring.

Was hoping to buy this kit but was just quoted over $500 in shipping fees,

Ouch - but then... Heavy stuff is heavy.

This arrived today:

Posted Image

A tiny little controller.

I'm waiting on an adapter to see if I can get it to work with my Android Tablet.

Also, I should mention the GTX560 and GTX660 for my girlfriend's and my computers that I got last week.

Audio Technica AT-LP120 direct drive turntable.

Very nice!

Yummo.

Yummo.

Seconded

It's a really nice player! I haven't used a turntable for about 20 years (I'm almost 30 now), but since CDs became dull and digital music not having the same 'magic', so to speak, I decided to start buying vinyl.

Being that they're more 'collectible' - especially most of the music I listen to, many of them have only 250 - 1000 copies made, and have a nicer overall sound I figured that's the best way I can support the artists I enjoy.

The clarity is excellent! For the past 10 years or so, all I've really listened to is 192-320k mp3s... even if I bought CDs, I'd rip them and listen to the digital copy out of convenience.

So really, it's a nice change... it's kinda making music exciting again. :p

Is that odd?

Very nice!

Yummo.

Yummo.

Seconded

It's a really nice player! I haven't used a turntable for about 20 years (I'm almost 30 now), but since CDs became dull and digital music not having the same 'magic', so to speak, I decided to start buying vinyl.

Being that they're more 'collectible' - especially most of the music I listen to, many of them have only 250 - 1000 copies made, and have a nicer overall sound I figured that's the best way I can support the artists I enjoy.

The clarity is excellent! For the past 10 years or so, all I've really listened to is 192-320k mp3s... even if I bought CDs, I'd rip them and listen to the digital copy out of convenience.

So really, it's a nice change... it's kinda making music exciting again. :p

Is that odd?

Not odd at all.

I think the main thing that listening to LPs has given me is a more physical aspect to the music.

I mean, sure, you can have hundreds of hours of MP3's on shuffle and never have to lift a finger, just sit in your chain and select songs with your phone or whatever.

Whereas, having a record player means that i have to first find something i WANT to listen too (not difficult, as i love 90% of my LPs, that Abba one can frisby some day soon) stick it on, clean it, look at the artwork, swap side half an hour later...

Its a lot more involved, and makes it less of an ambient / white noise experience.

Plus, the fact that you still generally get a digital download with LP purchases means I can still chuck my music on my iPod, without any hassles. :)

Oh, and on topic...

A threadless Hoodie.

Posted Image

New headphones, nothing fancy.

Posted Image

Very nice!

That's rad, man.

My turntable is a dinosaur, it's a hand-me-down from my dad.

Posted Image

(not my photo)

I think it needs a new needle though, the highs aren't as nice as they once were...

Just bought another Macbook Air as my girlfriend needs a new laptop and has been using my current 11" macbook air for the last 3 month figure i'll just sell it to her for a little bit and grab a new one with 8gb of ram for the few vm's i like to run.

That's rad, man.

Haha, yeah it does look a little old!

As long as it works, eh?

Just bought another Macbook Air as my girlfriend needs a new laptop and has been using my current 11" macbook air for the last 3 month figure i'll just sell it to her for a little bit and grab a new one with 8gb of ram for the few vm's i like to run.

How'd you find your 11-inch Air?

I've been half considering selling my 08 Pro for an Air, but I have this feeling that an 11-inch screen would just feel too claustrophobic.

How'd you find your 11-inch Air?

I've been half considering selling my 08 Pro for an Air, but I have this feeling that an 11-inch screen would just feel too claustrophobic.

I really like my current 2011 model MBA its a great unit. Touch pad is fantastic the only thing that holds up to it in the Lenovo X1 Carbon but its also $600 more then the MBA. If you were upgrading from a 08 Pro I'd be getting the 13"

That's rad, man.

Haha, yeah it does look a little old!

As long as it works, eh?

It works a treat, too. :)