Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Dell U2713HM. Needed a monitor with decent sRGB gamut for design work.

Posted Image

Sweet. I bought the 23" Ultrasharp for my daughter to use for her graphic design work. I'm impressed with the quality of the panels in these monitors.

A Kestrel 4500NV Bluetooth mobile weather station with all the fruit. For business use plus grabbing real-time atmospheric data for my ballistics software.

That combined with my new rifle means foxes won't be safe at anything up to 1km =)

Kestrel instruments are simply the best when it comes to realtime weather monitoring. The 3000 has been my standard kit for use with the fire brigade for the better part of ten years or more.

BTW, what do you shoot if you can hit a target up to 1000m? What bullets and loads do you have in your ammunition?

BTW, what do you shoot if you can hit a target up to 1000m? What bullets and loads do you have in your ammunition?

I'm in the research stage of getting a 6mm Dasher built. Will be shooting 105gr Berger projectiles at around 3050fps with a 33gr'ish load of Reloader 15. This chambering currently holds the world record 6 target aggregate score at 1000yds (915m) of 6.125". I won't go into how that score is worked out, but effectively it means that the bloke was able to fire 30 shots with average impact deviation of 6" at 915m. Not bad ;)

Linky for the record here: http://www.6mmbr.com/schatz1000.html

I'm in the research stage of getting a 6mm Dasher built. Will be shooting 105gr Berger projectiles at around 3050fps with a 33gr'ish load of Reloader 15. This chambering currently holds the world record 6 target aggregate score at 1000yds (915m) of 6.125".

Been out of the game for a long time now, but even a decade ago the 6mm was regarded as nigh-magical. The PPC at that point was the absolute monarch of the bench rest competitions.

I would well believe you could make a fearsome varminter out of it. I knew a guy who swore by his goat gun in that calibre.

Been out of the game for a long time now, but even a decade ago the 6mm was regarded as nigh-magical. The PPC at that point was the absolute monarch of the bench rest competitions.

The 6PPC still is the monarch for 100 and 200-yard benchrest shooting. They have to have a moving backing paper behind the targets for those events to confirm how many shots the shooter has made, because if you're looking to win a comp then you're probably putting all the bullets through the exact same hole....

They do run out of puff beyond 200 yards though, which is where the other 6mm variants such as 6BR, 6 Dasher, 6XC etc come into play. The 6 Dasher is a standard 6BR case that's fire formed to achieve a longer case length with sharper angled neck. Pretty much just lets you use a tad more powder which gives the 6 Dasher about 150fps over a standard 6BR but without losing any of its accuracy. Only drama is that many 6 Dasher's won't feed well from a magazine, though with lots of polishing of surfaces and careful clearancing they can be tweaked to do so.

Bought the scope today ... wending it's way over from the US. Decided on a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 with MOA reticle. Awesome piece of glass that I've used before (with fine crosshair reticle) and which stacks up favourably to Nightforce scopes at 2-3x the price. Pumped :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

After being on backorder for at least a month, this arrived. Just in time for Christmas too :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grabbed 2 of these this morning for $180 a pop and ordered about to order a nexus 10 pending the nexus 4's come back into stock.

Just paid for my childhood dream vehicle, (WRX), except its slightly newer (2011, in that beautiful black) than the one i wanted when i was younger.

its getting delivered interstate for me.

unfortunately, i am still on my green p's so, until then (4 months) my brother is driving this beauty.

edit: speeling and grammar

Edited by Adicolour

Grabbed 2 of these this morning for $180 a pop...

Off the back of which truck!?! That's about half normal retail, isn't it?