Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Sorry - I wasn't trying to say "You should have saved money buying the game on steam" I was just pointing out how expensive that game is at retail, even when its on sale, especially considering Alan Wake is cheaper.

thats what i inferred when i read your comment.

I use to like wondering into eb games during their "sales", just to laugh at how much cheaper it still was online vs sale price :).

on the odd occasion when i goto jb hifi, sometimes they will have a few pc games cheaper then online (for eg; i got MW2 for $33 vs $89.99 on AU steam at the time, granted it was the only copy there with the $33 sticker, rest where $49.99)

Picked up my BMW 325i this afternoon. Will take some pictures in the next few days when the rain has cleared.

Sorry - I wasn't trying to say "You should have saved money buying the game on steam" I was just pointing out how expensive that game is at retail, even when its on sale, especially considering Alan Wake is cheaper.

thats what i inferred when i read your comment.

I use to like wondering into eb games during their "sales", just to laugh at how much cheaper it still was online vs sale price :).

on the odd occasion when i goto jb hifi, sometimes they will have a few pc games cheaper then online (for eg; i got MW2 for $33 vs $89.99 on AU steam at the time, granted it was the only copy there with the $33 sticker, rest where $49.99)

There is certainly no shame in paying a little extra for retail, IMO and its certainly not what I was getting at.

The thing is, a game like BTTF I would expect to retail for a maximum of $30, yet here it is, marked down to $28, nearly twice as expensive, as a game that came out this year and over double the price of online non sale pricing.

WRT the sales at EB however, I still take a look, mainly because its nice to get boxed games at a cheap price, I just lost a TB of steam games last weekend due to HDD corruption (something I may have caused myself, not sure though) and with the exception of 20 games I pinched off my mate, I have to download the rest. If I was still buying Physical, it wouldn't be an issue, Just a massive time sink :P.

Its hard to comment on the price of something or make a comparison (which was more to myself and probably didn't really require me to post, perhaps I should have put it in the WOYM thread :P) between pricing, without making it sound like you're trying to make the purchaser regret it.

I hate when people do it to me and its certainly not something I ever try to do to other people. Lesson learnt, I'll keep my observations to myself.

My wife rocks my boat. Showing great form coming home with this lil' 167 page book for me!

Posted Image

Side note : Is it just me or does Peter Jackson look weird nowadays that he's lost a lot of weight?

Something I bought myself for christmas and because I needed a car.

Stock image because its dark, late and too hard to get photos this time of night.

Posted Image

After driving it 600kms home I have to say I like it and am very pleased with my purchase (my brother has issues with the chequered flag roof)

@ rainspider ; cool looking renault. Really like the headlights.

Rearranged the shelves again, makes a lot more sense now. Images left deliberately huge to inflict maximum jealousy.

I like the atari console the best. Plus you got the nes power glove. The 10yr old me is so freakin jealous. Btw, get a duster to the cornices dude! Web city up there :p

Btw, get a duster to the cornices dude! Web city up there :p

Ergh, its 5:30am, for some reason I thought your post said "get a duster to those comics" so I was looking through Tak's images to try and spot some cob webby comic books :P

=( The original sega master system(?) I mistook for an atari. My bad. You'd think I know seeing as I had an Atari 2600 only 25 yrs ago...

Something I bought myself for christmas and because I needed a car.

Stock image because its dark, late and too hard to get photos this time of night.

Posted Image

After driving it 600kms home I have to say I like it and am very pleased with my purchase (my brother has issues with the chequered flag roof)

Thumbs up.

'

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Posted Image

And

Posted Image

To The Manor Born - Season 1

Was in a game store exchanging a Christmas present; Munchkin 4 for Munchkin 8; the girlfrien didn't know I had brought 4,5 & 6 last year.

And ended up buying this too:

Posted Image

I bought a CRT wall mount at Bunnings:

Posted Image

Why did I mount such a small monitor? Well it may be small, but it's a Multisync monitor, meaning it accepts Monochrome, Hercules, CGA, EGA, VGA, Composite, and 15kHz RGB. It's a great diagnostic tool.

A 1.8 metre long HDMi cable from Woolies for $8.95.

Picture quality of my Pioneer BD player went up like a rocket compared to the analog cable that came with the player

I forgot to mention my stun-gun arrived from overseas. It doubles as a torch. :p

Also, Zalman cooler for the desktop doing duty as a home-server, other one was getting noisy in this damn heat. New one works a treat.