Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Why???!!! Why on earth would you get a sim with Telstra when you could have a Kogan one which is on the Telstra network only WWWAAAAAAAYYYY cheaper??? WHY???!!! Grats on the phone tho...

Kogan are cheap for a reason.

Just like Optus resellers were always worse than being with Optus, Telstra resellers aren't quite as good as being with Telstra.

If the service was the same, the price would be the same.

hahahahahahaha

ha ha hahahha

that was the best joke i've read today

sorry, but subletting a network is using a network, and mentioning telstra and service in the same breath as if there is a positive relationship.... double kill ! :D

I thought Kogan only used part of Telstra's network?

sorry, but subletting a network is using a network, and mentioning telstra and service in the same breath as if there is a positive relationship.... double kill ! :D

sorry, but why would you sublet your network for cheaper than you can sell it yourself, and...

Well, I can't even figure out a way to satirise the rest of your idiocy re: the word "service", so I'll stop there. It's a national 3G cellular network, not a $10 8-port hub. Telstra can, and would, prioritise their own customers. That's how they sell it cheaper to Kogan, who can then sell it cheaper to the public. Telstra aren't a charity.

Just in case you missed it Because you missed it worse than Xbox One missed the mark, the "service" I refer to is the 3G HSPA GSM cell phone tele phone service. Not the customer service.

sorry, but why would you sublet your network for cheaper than you can sell it yourself, and...

Well, I can't even figure out a way to satirise the rest of your idiocy re: the word "service", so I'll stop there. It's a national 3G cellular network, not a $10 8-port hub. Telstra can, and would, prioritise their own customers. That's how they sell it cheaper to Kogan, who can then sell it cheaper to the public. Telstra aren't a charity.

Just in case you missed it Because you missed it worse than Xbox One missed the mark, the "service" I refer to is the 3G HSPA GSM cell phone tele phone service. Not the customer service.

i stand duly chastised by your intimate knowledge of the mysteries of telstra

as for why would you sublet a network - i believe that has something to do with the privatisation of telstra, and the communications ombudsman insisting on the breaking of an ugly duopoly with optus, so that there is a pretence of free market

afaik telstra no longer exclusively owns the network it uses to sell its commercial products

but i may be foolishly naive (quite possible)

so that there is a pretence of free market

And therein lies the truth :)

mentioning telstra and service in the same breath

errrr..... I don't think he used the word service in the sense of somebody personally serving someone....

mentioning telstra and service in the same breath

errrr..... I don't think he used the word service in the sense of somebody personally serving someone....

It's easily done any way...

"Telsta provides poor service"

"Telsta provides shitty service"

"Telsta provides no fucking service at all"

as for why would you sublet a network - i believe that has something to do with the privatisation of telstra, and the communications ombudsman insisting on the breaking of an ugly duopoly with optus, so that there is a pretence of free market

That only applies to the copper customer access network, which was built when Telstra was public.

The NextG network was completely privately built, and operates in a competitive environment with Optus and Vodafone (and Hutchison "Three" when they were around), Telstra has to bid for spectrum just the same as anyone else. As such, they're free to sublet, or not sublet as they see fit.

I don't have any intimate knowledge of Telstra's inner workings, it's just logic and common sense.

Telstra's inner workings, it's just logic and common sense.

further oxymorons when it comes to telstra

don't mind me, i'm just in a particularly abrasive frame of mind, and telstra is an easy target

Mate just got back from USA, he brought me back one of these... a Nike+ Fuelband

Posted Image

Edited by jdee71

sold my car, so have so money to spend on things...

Posted Image

what mpg does it get?

what mpg does it get?

you've lost me, what are you on about?

I think MD's making subtle commentary on the utility of a vehicle as opposed to the luxury of a gaming device.

what mpg does it get?

I think MD's making subtle commentary on the utility of a vehicle as opposed to the luxury of a gaming device.

I thought that, but being in Australia wouldn't it be kpl?

And the car that was sold was our second car that we haven't driven for over a year.

Edited by PointZeroOne

what mpg does it get?

I thought that, but being in Australia wouldn't it be kpl?

And the car that was sold was our second car that we haven't driven for over a year.

1. Yes

2. I don't think anyone was having a jab, you know your situation. I'd have bought better games though :p

Bought a HDMI Switch, 3.5mm audio splitter cable, two 3.5mm audio cables, battery tester and a retractable HDMI cable from Jaycar.

Plus a 8 port surge protected power-board from Dick Smith for $18.

Now I've got my speakers connected up to the switch by a 3.5mm female to female adapter, where one branches into my PC. And the other into the switch where I've got my Xbox 360, Ouya and where I'll be putting my Raspberry Pi in as well.

Now please excuse me while I indulge in some classic emulation from yesteryear.....

Now please excuse me while I indulge in some classic emulation from yesteryear.....

Yeaaaaah buddy! Get some ZSNES action for your face, and cop some Chaos Engine up ya.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Posted Image

SSV Redline in Red. And Star Citizen Rear Admiral LTI Pack.

Been a good day!

Edit:- More accurate picture.

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

SSV Redline in Red. And Star Citizen Rear Admiral LTI Pack.

Been a good day!

Edit:- More accurate picture.

Very nice.

The last thing I bought was a Samsung Galaxy S4 Black.

Oh and I also put some awesome things on layby at Big W.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any my girlfriend bought me this.

Posted Image

1. 40 cm lazy susan

Posted Image

Brilliant for PC assembly just plonk case on it and spin, rather than lift and turn. Found this at a local $2 shop for $6.50 nabbed 2 of them.

2 Toshiba 3TB HDD

No pic seen 1 HDD you've seen em all.

3. Fallout 3 bobblehead and lunchbox

Posted Image

one off the wanted list.

4 Drinking Bird

Posted Image

Have wanted one of these since childhood, spotted on ebay and nabbed.

@ xyzzy ; Seriously nice work on the SS.

From the wifey...

Posted Image

Sifn't use a picture of the 'proper' Darth Vader. Sigh.

Posted Image

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310620147362?

2 of these USB3 cards, VIA VL800 chipset models. Chosen for molex connector (vs floppy or sata) and solid capacitors vs electrolytic.

I know that PCIe 1x won't offer enough bandwidth for all four ports, but since they don't make USB2 cards this is still a good solution. It's still faster, even though it's not totally fast :)