Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Bought a 1999 Holden VT commodore for $2200, had no RWC, needs 4 tyres to pass, but it was advertised as being registered till jan/2014, after the seller dropped the car off in my drive way, i gave him the rest of the money, he then tells me he had cancelled the rego yesterday, and it wasn't included in the sale, took the number plates off the car, jumped in his wifes waiting car and left. Dont know if i should be pissed or neutral on the matter, very undecided atm, cant get over how good condition the car is on the whole vs the price paid.

on the upside, its absolutely the cleanest VT Ive seen in Melbourne apart from the nice little dent in the bonnet which is easily fixed.

Bought a 1999 Holden VT commodore for $2200, had no RWC, needs 4 tyres to pass, but it was advertised as being registered till jan/2014, after the seller dropped the car off in my drive way, i gave him the rest of the money, he then tells me he had cancelled the rego yesterday, and it wasn't included in the sale, took the number plates off the car, jumped in his wifes waiting car and left. Dont know if i should be pissed or neutral on the matter, very undecided atm, cant get over how good condition the car is on the whole vs the price paid.

on the upside, its absolutely the cleanest VT Ive seen in Melbourne apart from the nice little dent in the bonnet which is easily fixed.

I'd be pretty pissed off.

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Yeah he's just done you out of about $400 of rego (gets refund when hands plates in) and made it a bit harder for you to drive around to get the rwc or whatever without the plod coming at you. Bit shit of him if he said he was selling with rego.

Yeah you got a bit fucked on that one.

As long as the rest of the cars in good condition then it's not too bad, as long as you can actually get the RWC that is.

I took the rear wheels off today, went and bought 2 cheap tyres for $60 a pop fitted and balanced, going to get the front tyres done tomorrow morning

Had my mate check it over (he is a mechanic, and does RWC's at his workplace), he said the car looks in above avg condition mechanically, only thing of note that i missed was the rear discs are going to need machining or replacing, which means new pads as well. That cracked me up, when i inspected the car, i checked the front disc's but forgot to check the rear disc's :(

I took the rear wheels off today, went and bought 2 cheap tyres for $60 a pop fitted and balanced, going to get the front tyres done tomorrow morning

Had my mate check it over (he is a mechanic, and does RWC's at his workplace), he said the car looks in above avg condition mechanically, only thing of note that i missed was the rear discs are going to need machining or replacing, which means new pads as well. That cracked me up, when i inspected the car, i checked the front disc's but forgot to check the rear disc's :(

New DBA discs will probably set you back about $100 a pop for that thing. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Not the best photo...maybe I'm just keeping with the standards of the subject!

Edit: Inserted images incorrectly, removed.

Edited by stuub27

Got it for an ok price off ebay (it's used) but considering they go for new at like almost 3 times what I paid, it's a great buy!

Posted Image

I have a big head and it actually fits me perfectly.

Posted Image

Edited by PointZeroOne

Ordered in 4 of these:

Posted Image

The stock tires on my outback are crap.

But why would you need tyres on a patio/house extension anyway?

Edited by Elfarch

But why would you need tyres on a patio/house extension anyway?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Phase two of desk cooling system engage! L brackets arrived today, I bent them into shape using my boot heels and the bricks outside. Bolted to the desk, powered and working.

Next phase: fan control.

another 2x 205/65R15 94H Rockstone F109 Tyres @ $60ea

2x TRW discs to suit 99 commodore @ $48.99ea

1x box of bendix general CT brake pads @ $46.99

cheaper then getting the old ones machined, now to find someone who can install them for me cheaply in Melbourne!

when i save up some more money in a couple of months time, ill replace them with better quality items, just need cheap but still safe to get me by for 2-3months, [ /paranoid] i hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass [ /paranoid]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by nobodyishere

another 2x 205/65R15 94H Rockstone F109 Tyres @ $60ea

2x TRW discs to suit 99 commodore @ $48.99ea

1x box of bendix general CT brake pads @ $46.99

cheaper then getting the old ones machined, now to find someone who can install them for me cheaply in Melbourne!

when i save up some more money in a couple of months time, ill replace them with better quality items, just need cheap but still safe to get me by for 2-3months, [ /paranoid] i hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass [ /paranoid]

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you have a socket set and aren't a root vegetable you can probably do them yourself in an hour.

If you have a socket set and aren't a root vegetable you can probably do them yourself in an hour.

i tried once on my 89 vn, broke 15 spanners trying to undo the brake lines (snapped in half, holding it wrong? lol), and broke a toque wrench doing up bolts on the main caps after fitting a new camshaft, dont ask me how i do it, im no body builder as some atomicans who met me will attest, but ive learnt its costs me less in the long run, to pay someone else to do it... :D

Bought a WiiU Monster Hunter bundle and ZombiU because I was bored and curious about the WiiU. It was a total impulse buy and will probably turn out to be a massive waste of money just like the Wii was, but whatever. While I was in Sydney I bought a few books and the Blade Runner Blu-ray box set which has 5 versions of the film including the original theatrical release version ( the main reason I purchased it ), heaps of extra features, an art book, model of Deckard's cop car, etc, etc, etc.

Posted Image

I have now become a Melbournite.

I have one of those from my last trip (I'm a Sydney-sider), it changed my mind on public transport.

Yeah you got a bit fucked on that one.

As long as the rest of the cars in good condition then it's not too bad, as long as you can actually get the RWC that is.

He'd still need to get a RWC to put the rego in his name anyway. Atleast thats what we had to do with the Calais I bought early last year.