Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

$279.99 NZD = $245 maybe $246 AUD.

The stand is actually very solid. Some of these new monitors now days have really bad wobbly stands.

Edited by Genders

Interesting.

Though I have to admit, I'd buy one tomorrow if the vertical rez was back over 1200. I don't mind the widescreen ratio, but I am very over running out of realestate. Particularly since MS has seen fit to take up another ~100 pixels of it in godawful ribbons.

I went from 16:10 1680x1050 to 16:9 1920x1080p. It does look smaller on the vertical and is physically similar in size to my old 22 inch which had a massive frame. Everything else is way better though compared to a TN.

>>2013

>>not buying monitors that are 1440p

lel

Edited by mudg3

Guest xyzzy frobozz

>>2013

lel

I pffft at your 1440p.

>>2013

lel

You seen the GPUs most people on here are running? We can't all be blessed with current gen GPUs! (Although I can, as can you :P)

I've got a GTX 770. A 1440p monitor is f'ing expensive in NZ. So was my card though I'd saved for ages to get it. No way I could afford a GTX 770 and a 1440p monitor.

1080p with my GTX 770 allows me to run all maxed, ultra, super uber settings and have decent 60+ frames.

I've got a GTX 770. A 1440p monitor is f'ing expensive in NZ. So was my card though I'd saved for ages to get it. No way I could afford a GTX 770 and a 1440p monitor.

1080p with my GTX 770 allows me to run all maxed, ultra, super uber settings and have decent 60+ frames.

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...p;#entry1093877

I love the QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution II, super cheap (~$400 NZD at a rough conversion), quick shipping, it's been great. Only headache was that my GPU doesn't have a dual-link DVI-D port, had to buy an expensive adapter. Even overclocks to 75Hz 24/7 using the CRU utility.

Hoping to get a higher stable overclock with a new cable that arrived yesterday, the Monoprice CL2 24AWG Dual-Link DVI-D from macfixit. Annoyingly the connector doesn't screw into the monitor, and can fall out if I swing the monitor stand around, so I have plans to cable tie it in place. I am not alone in this particular configuration of cable and monitor not playing nicely together.

Regardless, enjoy your new monitor :) Big monitors are nice but they require oodles of space.

*edit*

Here is my ghetto cable tie job:

Posted Image

Edited by TheFrunj

Another expensive month buying bits to service the car - and general tidy up of the garage.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Low profile aluminium trolley jack

Four stands

Toolbox

Kinchrome Bendy ratchet spanners (Already have spanners and sockets, but these will help for working in tight places)

Ikea kitchen cabinet (for storing car cleaning products.)

Also bought a new 'micro' rear view mirror, a custom-fit bag for the dashboard tray and a custom built locker that replaces the passenger footrest.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Awesome card man!

You should be maxxing that monitor for years to come.

I just nabbed myself a Raspberry Pi.

Will use it to log solar generated (as my android tablet doesn't seem to want to stay awake during the day to continue uploading...) and when I get around to it, and know what I'm doing, read the little light pulses on my smart-meter to start logging usage too.

All going here... http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=22109

Edited by MoshVandal

You can get about three for that price

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Tempered-Gl...=item1e6fcfb462

Do they overclock? Tempered glass is hella reflective, but looks nice in appropriate light.

Also the description is a bit concerning:

Dust may be inside on working of tempered glass.

So, dust in glass can't be reason of Return!

Monitor with serious dust will not be sent.

Please check this before Order!

I think that's pretty much the standard warning for the cheap Korean monitors with the glass finish as they aren't assembled in a clean room.

Also how is the stand on yours?, I've looking at getting one and a part from lacking HDCP, which isn't a big deal if I need to I'll just use my other monitor, the apparent awfulness of the stands are holding me back.

>>2013

lel

Lend me a spare $1000.

$800 for a 2713 you can get them for $650 when on sale buying my 2711 was one of the best purchases I ever made.

If not why not go for the catleap monitors at like $350 till 1440p goodness.

You can get about three for that price

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Tempered-Gl...=item1e6fcfb462

Do they overclock? Tempered glass is hella reflective, but looks nice in appropriate light.

Also the description is a bit concerning:

Dust may be inside on working of tempered glass.

So, dust in glass can't be reason of Return!

Monitor with serious dust will not be sent.

Please check this before Order!

There's like ten different almost identical models, that was just the cheapest. Some have rotating stands, some have speakers, some have glass, some have the lot, then there's guaranteed 'pixel perfect' options for all of those. I was looking into buying one/some a while back but never got around to it, I think the tempered glass models were probably lowest to consider. They do overclock, some can be bought that are guaranteed for 120hz but the price difference is pretty big and I'm never going to pay for the graphics grunt required to run that.

I stopped in Grafton and purchased a new car mounting kit for my phone for $30, so I could use the Google Maps navigator on my way up to Brissy. My last one was good until it lost its stickiness, then it was completely useless. I got a universal one which kind of expands then closes on the phone/tablet/whatever, so this one will last a while I would assume.

Two books at the airport. Lexicon by Max Barry, and Thomas Quick by Hannes Rastam. Holliday reading. I also have the first Jack Reacher and The Cuckoo's Calling on my phone. Set.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Posted Image

LOL.

Ghetto, good job!

Here's mine for tonight:

Posted Image

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

Posted Image

LOL.

Ghetto, good job!

Here's mine for tonight:

Posted Image

That looks to be a fine assortment of tasty.

I'm hitting one of these at the moment:

Posted Image

It's not particularly good, If you want a cider that will smack you in the face it's good but i think they went abv over taste.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

It's not particularly good, If you want a cider that will smack you in the face it's good but i think they went abv over taste.

I've found that there's a few ciders like that, the most popular of which seem to be Rekorderlig - holy fucking sweet Batman!

Have you tried James Squires apple cider? It's got a nice, dry finish that still has plenty of flavour. Not the best cider on the whole planet, but close to it, and reasonably priced.

EDIT: - Oh! ABV over taste. Got'cha now.

Edited by xyzzy frobozz