Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

My first ever Swiss Army knife. Only took 32 years to own one :) Awesome little thing finally came in the mail...

Posted Image

Bought one of these to hopefully get my 4 yr old off of the wifey's phone...

Posted Image

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Posted Image

My Turtlebeach PX5's fell off and the bracket that held the left cup to my head snapped. From a sound point they are fine, but its simply not possible to wear them anymore. 2nd time it's happened. So im giving Astro a go.

That's what happened to my old Turtle Beaches, snapped the left arm almost all the way through so they almost fell off my head. They didn't sound very good anyway though so I got some Alessandro MS1s. Which have a pretty crappy design and the metal stalk that held the speaker on worked free so I had to keep gluing it on. Then the cable got pulled out of that speaker. So now I'm back on my old Phillips headphones which are quite good for the $40 I paid though the cable is about a thousand metres long which is annoying, plus they must be really high impedance because they are really quiet.

Bought & fitted new battery

Basically... I work nights.. Sunday night to Thursday night so today (Friday) is day one of the weekend.

Now I use my electric pushbike to commute the 4 miles-ish to work each night so today is the first time she's been fired up to take the missus shopping.

Whilst "er-indoors" is doing the necessaries I sit in the car and try and deafen the car park with "Da-Ch00nZ" which also makes sure no twats park their fekkin cars next to mine and dent my doors !

Unfortunately half way through a pumping choon everything went kind of fuzzy and died out. Hit the starter

Hahahahha. "oh feck - the missus is going to kill me" !!

Fortunately my works depot is only just across that suicidal freeway, y'know.. 2 minutes by car. But I aint going try and leg it across there so it's a half hour run round the cycleway. Workmate gives me lift back and jump starts my car. Unfortunately "er-indoors" has beaten me and "aint best pleased" at being left standing there locked out of the car !

So a new battery was immediately purchased with a flea in my ear about my poxy tunes !!

It's a hard life being a young old bastard !!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Last battery was about 7 years old so aint done bad and was probably OEM.

Oh, New battery cost £69.99. Basically I asked for the heaviest duty battery they could supply for my car.

My two favorite loves combined. Sold.

T- Shirt

thanks krispy, now the snes mario kart music is going to be playing in my head all day...

Edited by corky

Very cool shirts disolusiond & NJ.

Hi, my name is gabber and I'm addicted to LED Lenser's. This is number 7. Say hello to my little friend the F1.

Posted Image

400 freaking lumens output! Something this small should not put out the amount of light that it does. Awesome.

Edited by gabber

Ok.. After buying a new battery yesterday I ordered from Amazon a pack of Dynamat extreme (£147) and chose 3 day super-saver delivery (free) with the plan to install it next weekend.

It came today @ 13:00

Gobsmacked

So after din dins I figured I'd have a crack at installing it.

I've already installed a Pioneer double din head unit and Alpine speakers all round (component fronts, coaxial rears) was was quite disappointed with the speakers mainly because of the buzzes and 8th Gen Civics generate quite a lot of "road noise".

Now it should be noted that I was rather sceptical about this stuff but I really wanted to at least cut out the "buzzes".

OMG.. You all gotta buy this stuff. I only did the drivers door before calling it quits for the day but booger ... You can feel the pressure wave hit your leg and make yer leg hairs rattle !!

Box weighed a tonne (felt like it anyway)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nine sheets to the wind !!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also added a layer where the OEM plastic sheet was but like a muppet I forgot to take a pic of that.

Trimmed back a tad of the inside of the speaker door card and reinstalled everything.

Oh... If anyone knows the name and location of the assembly line dood that puts that black sticky gunge on the inside of the plastic "weatherproofing" I've got a severe nut-kicking lined up for him !!

Damn stuff gets everywhere. I've used up most of my bottle of white spirit and rags cleaning that shyte off !!

Nice work outcast, a bit of soundproofing goes a long way !

I just purchased

oil, air and fuel filters ,spark plugs and 5l of oil for my missus's 2004 Getz

Oh and a sony xplod head unit to replace the POS stock one, fitted it all up to find the stock rear speakers are blown aswell so it looks like i'll be fitting some speakers soon.

after getting the missus all that stuff and fitting it I thought I deserved some goodies for my racing sim.

I Got me one of these from Derek speare designs, one with black buttons though.

Posted Image

And 2 of these springs:

Posted Image

one to go in like the pic above and one for my handbrake

400 Lumens!!!! That's insane. My little torch that's the same size only puts out 106.

Edited by disolusiond

400* lumens.

Led Lenser are not known for being accurate with their measurements. 400 lumens is what the LED is capable of, at 100% optical efficiency, which is far from what actually comes out the front of the optical assembly.

400* lumens.

Led Lenser are not known for being accurate with their measurements. 400 lumens is what the LED is capable of, at 100% optical efficiency, which is far from what actually comes out the front of the optical assembly.

According to LED Lenser the 400 Lumens output is using the ANSI FL1 standard. But you mean like stereos advertised with 2000Watts PMPO (more like 300WRMS or whatever)? Either way, seriously, lets meet up and I'll shine it at full in your face and get back to me when you've learnt braille about how much light a tiny torch can put out :) Tis like that tiny pistol Will Smith gets in MIB that explodes shop fronts. So colour me impressed.

I have more powerful torches, of a similar size.

I have two 400lm lights on my mountain bike, have been thinking about upgrading to a single 1200...

only 140lm on the rear, but it's 140lm of 650nm (red) light, so appears to be much brighter.

I have more powerful torches, of a similar size.

I have two 400lm lights on my mountain bike, have been thinking about upgrading to a single 1200...

only 140lm on the rear, but it's 140lm of 650nm (red) light, so appears to be much brighter.

That's got to make the front of your bike very bright at night. Road riding or off track type stuff (I'm not very up to speed on biking stuff ;p)?

Mostly on road, but used for mountain biking too...

It allows me to see the road ahead, so i can avoid obstacles before it's too late, without the need for sudden detours. That means that it's not just safer for me, but less likely that a motorist will get startled by my actions.

And it also means they have no excuse not to see me :)

Ok.. After buying a new battery yesterday I ordered from Amazon a pack of Dynamat extreme (£147) and chose 3 day super-saver delivery (free) with the plan to install it next weekend.

It came today @ 13:00

Gobsmacked

So after din dins I figured I'd have a crack at installing it.

I've already installed a Pioneer double din head unit and Alpine speakers all round (component fronts, coaxial rears) was was quite disappointed with the speakers mainly because of the buzzes and 8th Gen Civics generate quite a lot of "road noise".

Now it should be noted that I was rather sceptical about this stuff but I really wanted to at least cut out the "buzzes".

OMG.. You all gotta buy this stuff. I only did the drivers door before calling it quits for the day but booger ... You can feel the pressure wave hit your leg and make yer leg hairs rattle !!

Box weighed a tonne (felt like it anyway)

Trimmed back a tad of the inside of the speaker door card and reinstalled everything.

Oh... If anyone knows the name and location of the assembly line dood that puts that black sticky gunge on the inside of the plastic "weatherproofing" I've got a severe nut-kicking lined up for him !!

Damn stuff gets everywhere. I've used up most of my bottle of white spirit and rags cleaning that shyte off !!

Nice. I've got about 15 meters of this stuff in my car, my God it makes a huge difference, especially in the doors and boot. I so little road noise now that it's almost a safety hazard when driving long distance but thankfully I've got a 138 DB noisemaker in the boot to wake me up.

I didn't know I was going to end up buying this, this arvo. Couldn't resist either. :)

Posted Image

Makes me a happy boy on the road again...much less crunchy.

Posted Image

Was ist das?

Makes me a happy boy on the road again...much less crunchy.

Posted Image

Was ist das?

I don't know, but damn i want to dissemble it for some reason.

Is it the thing that a bike pedal sticks into?

Edit: nope apparently its one of these things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottom_bracket

Latest purchase is a metric ass-ton of seeds and various manure... my garden shall be spectacular this year.

Edited by Xen