Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

my "new" i5 2500k build (up from the q8400 overclocked to 3.2ghz, with a new motherboard and ram obviously, but all the other shiz remains unchanged)

i5-2500k / megahalems / gigabyte z77-d3h / ocz vertex 4 ssd 128gb & toshiba 1tb / 2x2gig patriot 1333 / xonar d2 + klipsch promedia ultra 2.0 + audio-technica ad700 / Lian Li PC-A17B & corsair hx650 / gigabyte hd5870 / dell 2407wfp

Posted Image

@ Mac ; Nice landscaping going on there. Looks good.

Damn you Lego...

Posted Image

Edited by gabber

Posted Image

Iomega StorCenter ix2-dl 2 Bay Diskless NAS

I don't know why, but i love Iomega stuff. The web based software is awesome :D

Bought a new laser:

Posted Image

To fix my PC Engine Duo:

Posted Image

So that I can play Dracula X (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Winning.

Tantryl

Where'd that guy go to? He was a good sort.
I've seen him around Ozbargain, though can't recall a recent post.

P'raps he's just busy.

He's fine and busy, plus he's just doing less and less computery stuff these days.

Posted Image

+ $15 each for six pairs of undies, delivered

+ Comfortable fabric, snug fit with Aussie measurements

+ Colours match images, haven't faded or shrunk after one wash

+ Noticeably drier than regular cotton

+ Stitching seems very good, as does the elastic

- Label on waistband has infuriatingly scratchy corners (tediously removed with thread unpicker, they're great now)

- Packaging is non-recyclable plastic

Overall, I would definitely order these again when my regular pairs wear out.

http://www.bamboovillage.com.au/products/b...wear-s-3xl.aspx

Posted Image

Tedious and fiddly. Why they thought these were needed is beyond me.

Well I finally did it, I bought a new ALIENWARE W560630AU M17XR5 Laptop from JB HiFi, they had the 15% off, so $2547 and was a bargain.

Problem is I'm still in the Pilbara's red desert until Thursday night and the misses picked it up and its sitting in my office, I want it NOW, told the kids that they can play with the box as long as they don't crush it.

When I get home I'm kickin the misses out to the couch and I'm going to sleep with it. :)

Windows 8

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770M with 3GB GDDR5

4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700mq

Blu Ray & DVD +/- & CD Player

4 USB Ports

USB Version 3.0

Media Card Reader

Webcam

Bluetooth

WIFI

1.5 TB HDD

16 GB RAM

17.3 Inch Screen

1 HDMI Ports

1920 x 1080 Screen Resolution

8 Cell Battery

64GB SSD (Solid State Drive)

4 USB 3.0 Ports

No offense, but I fail to see how purchasing anything alienware sells can constitute a bargain.

I looked at Vemon, Razor, Asus, Alienware, and decided to buy the Alienware for various reasons . First my HP (Hot Plate) turned into a BBQ, Build quality, new tech, warranty and good support and could walk into a store and physically pick it up and have a real look at it which is what I did before flying away. 15% off was cool.

There all expensive machines and I need a strong built chassis machine as I travelle remote bush for work. Weight and price I can compromise on but I would like know why you think that its not a bargain and what would have been a better choice. There are reviews on PC Tech but no top ten 2013 shoot outs for gaming laptops.

Posted Image

I need to practice in a way that costs me less in parts and downtime. Works well with my controller which is great.

No offense, but I fail to see how purchasing anything alienware sells can constitute a bargain.

I'm guessing he works out bush so he cant lug a desktop or something out on site.

I've done about 2 months total up on site living on camp this year and I can tell you now I missed just being able to open up a game and relax instead of just sitting on my macbook air the entire not or drinking like the rest of the guys do after 12 hour days and going to the gym.

Metal cutting goodness...

Posted Image

Neat looking unit, I assume for cutting sheet and smallish pipe?

Posted Image

I need to practice in a way that costs me less in parts and downtime. Works well with my controller which is great.

I am glad I didn't pay full price for that when I got mine.

$25 with free shipping + other sims like Reflex and RealFlight included. :D

I'm guessing he works out bush so he cant lug a desktop or something out on site.

I've done about 2 months total up on site living on camp this year and I can tell you now I missed just being able to open up a game and relax instead of just sitting on my macbook air the entire not or drinking like the rest of the guys do after 12 hour days and going to the gym.

I'm not saying its not a good purchase. But its damn expensive for what it is. With the explanation given by him above I can understand why he would purchase such a machine however.

Neat looking unit, I assume for cutting sheet and smallish pipe?

My plans are for stuff like 0.8 to 1.6mm wall square steel tube, angle iron and Aluminium extrusion. type things. Hopefully more accurate/cleaner cuts than the recipro saw, or angle grinder.

There are reviews of people using it to cut stiock up to 15mm which I think is an impressive feat for a cordless tool.