Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Raaadiooooo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Plus a whole bunch of ladder line and insulators and wire etc etc..

I will report on how my new toy plays out, but I'm not real sure on windows 8 as I've never seen it in action. Of course theres always mixed opinions but as a virgin to the new Win8 its going to be a learning curve.

The reason I read this forum is there are good people here whose valid opinions are either professionally based or from tech enthusiasts or noobs like me. Respect !

After reading eveln's link I agree on a lot of what was said by all that posted. My old HP Dv6 entertainment BBQ was recommended buy a mate (idiot punched). HP's complementary bombardment software just become bloody annoying and deleted. Continuous overheating issues which was its demise and the component failures were all too common, DVD drive failed twice, Two USB ports no longer work, Power brick failed, keypad setup is just plain awful and screen hinge has always been loose.

I do work away in remote civil mining for 4 weeks on 1 week off, so a good reliable machine is needed and tomorrow I get to leave the red dust and heat for the cold raining country place I call home and then I get to abuse an Alien ::)

Hard to take a photo, but my latest purchase.....return ticket to Melbourne in a couple weeks ;)

Business has been pretty good here in Perth, and I figured I haven't taken a holiday in a while....so....time to go take advantage of some free accommodation at my bro's place and get myself some good coffee in melbs.

My old HP Dv6 entertainment BBQ was recommended buy a mate (idiot punched). HP's complementary bombardment software just become bloody annoying and deleted. Continuous overheating issues which was its demise and the component failures were all too common, DVD drive failed twice, Two USB ports no longer work, Power brick failed, keypad setup is just plain awful and screen hinge has always been loose.

How old was it during all these failures? You could definitely have had a whinge at HP or the retailer and got a replacement with all those faults, if most of them took place during the warranty period. HP are very cool about warranty stuff, generally. If I was going to buy a laptop, and I won't be for the forseeable future, HP is definitely in the top 3 brands I'd consider.

I finally bought something!

And I bought lots :D

4x of these babys (1 of them is already working on my NAS)

Posted Image

New router for better wireless. Hopefully it will eliminate that fucking annoying AirPlay lag between the phone and the stereo

Posted Image

And another WAP, so I can have full signal anywhere in the house except the toilet (because I guess the toilet is a faraday cage or something)

Posted Image

<M>

Edited by milamber_of_the_assembly

That's some serious winching action going on corky.

It has arrived &

Oh...

My...

God...

The Keg

Posted Image

That is all.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I finally bought something!

And I bought lots :D

4x of these babys (1 of them is already working on my NAS)

Posted Image/quote]

You might want to contact the retailer, looks like they only sent you three.

It has arrived &

Oh...

My...

God...

The Keg

That is all.

Now that is a thing of beauty.

I came...

Now that is a thing of beauty.

I had pre-come opening the box this morning then blew my load after I had it in my hand. So much glass. So sexy.

Now I just have to learn how to tame f1.2 on a full frame sensor and I'm set!

That's some serious winching action going on corky.

Great thing is it only cost me $600.70 including shipping

Now I just have to learn how to tame f1.2 on a full frame sensor and I'm set!

You'll soon learn how stable you are at holding focus distance.

85mm f/1.4 is is bad enough for shallow DOF meaning a little bit of front/back wobble and it's the eyebrow not the eye lash that's in focus.

Forget any action work, even the person changing smile can be a killer if you're working too close, to say nothing of a little kid trying to 'pose'.

Happened to be in Target last week and randomly came across hobbit lego at 50% off so chuck this stuff on layby and picked it up today (yesterday being pay day!)

Posted Image

Also I'm going digital with books....

Posted Image

Edited by PointZeroOne

Bought this for the daughter (her birthday today).

It's the new fondue!

Posted Image

Used like this :

Posted Image

Cooked lunch on it today, twas great :)

Scratched my Oakleys yesterday. Fucked as to how I did it. Just bought a pair of Otis sunglasses. Scratch proof ( apparently ). Store owner took his keys to a pair in front of me. Not a mark on them. I was pretty much sold. Nice to look out of, too.

Posted Image

Best. Glasses. Ever.

So clear. So light. Pleasing tint. Won't scratch. Worth the extra $90 over my maximum price I normally go to.

Edited by disolusiond

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Posted Image

In White

&

Posted Image

Wireless keyboard case.

I need to write more and this will let me put things down when i think of them.

:)

Sunglasses Dis? Funny, hardly wear them but my Raybans, when I find them in this house move, have been with me 40 years :)

Downsizing is a most intriguing experience, but it is all slowly fitting into place, so, with a very useless, ugly piece of bench space I ordered one of these today:

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/sheffield-be...shwasher-white/

Now to plumb the thing in - I HATE plumbing :)

Cheers

Posted Image

SG300-20: 20 Ports of Cisco Layer 3 Managed Gigabit switch goodness.

Because every home network needs VLANs, IP Multicast, QoS, ACLs and other goodness....

(They better not cancel the NBN rollout in my area, or I'll have the fastest network for talking to myself).