Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Another flash...

No dark photos from you any more. How many flashes is that now?

Does every photo shoot involve the model wearing sunnies, or have they graduated to welding goggles - might work for a steampunk theme.

I'm beginning to wonder that if gabber set off all his flashes at once, he'd have various govt agencies turning up to check whether he did a nuclear test.

Dem's a lotta flashes.

-------------------------

I bought my wife, for our anniversary, an $80 bottle of champagne (proper champagne too. From Champagne region). It was worth more, but I got it on special. So that's nice.

It's chilling in the fridge until I'm well enough to have a glass with her.

AD

Another flash...

No dark photos from you any more. How many flashes is that now?

Does every photo shoot involve the model wearing sunnies, or have they graduated to welding goggles - might work for a steampunk theme.

Lolol. That makes a whopping two speedlites to my arsenal! Look out. And sif I get to shoot models, you know some? :p

But my current pride and joy is a 1:18 model of my toy.

Whoa, you have an Elise? I did not know that. Nice, man :-) Elven's whore has one*. He's currently replacing the insets with carbon fibre jobbees. He's right chuffed with his (little) car :-) I'm right chuffed when he has to come to me to borrow my car in order to do something :-p

* he hasn't dated an Elise, though. A Louisa, but not an Elise.

Edited by elvenwhore

And sif I get to shoot models, you know some? :p

Sorry, but I can't help there, don't know any either. Much as I love taking people photos, I have to make do with Animals, landscapes, buildings and occasionally cars.

Whoa, you have an Elise? I did not know that. Nice, man :-) Elven's whore has one*. He's currently replacing the insets with carbon fibre jobbees. He's right chuffed with his (little) car :-) I'm right chuffed when he has to come to me to borrow my car in order to do something :-p

They are one of those cars that CF can suit very nicely, and they are fun to play with/personalise - it's so much fun, it's almost mandatory.

And there's nothing wrong with it being little :P

Four cans of British Dr Pepper from the local Coles.

It is yum, has real sugar instead of that fructose crap

I've only come across Dr Pepper two or three times in Aus, and I didn't look at the ingredient list for any of the samples. I know one of them was a direct US import, so that would have been HFCS, but I don't know for the others.

ALL of them were uspeakably disgusting. Filth, even.

I have had othe HFCS drinks - they've been too sweet for my liking, but they haven't been tongue-poison. DP, otoh, tastes to me like the least favourable flavours of marzipan and artificial cherry, with a hefty dose of old coins - overlaid with insanely sweet.

Next time someone offers me one, I'll tell them to send it to your address. :P

It's funny how people either love it or absolutely hate it.

I love the flavour myself.

A shame they pulled it from regular shelves here.

DP, otoh, tastes to me like the least favourable flavours of marzipan and artificial cherry, with a hefty dose of old coins - overlaid with insanely sweet.

Ah so I am not the only one who thinks it is crap.

Ye it's a godawful taste and should be banned on that alone.

:)

I'm just wondering why Cybes went back more than once - I never finished the one and only can I ever tried.....

Cheers

I'm just wondering why Cybes went back more than once - I never finished the one and only can I ever tried.....

Cheers

Believe it or not, I'm an optimist - against all my attempts to err on the side of realism. I know that taste changes, and that these guys like to muck about with their formulae, so I hoped maybe "this time woill be different". It wasn't. :P

Some things will never change, Dr Pepper is one of them because it is a love it or hate it thing and enough people love it.

Cheers

It's funny how people either love it or absolutely hate it.

I love the flavour myself.

A shame they pulled it from regular shelves here.

I like it too, too sweet sometimes but hits the spot when in the mood. I find most IGAs here sell them, along with cherry coke, irn bru and a few other random drinks you don't find elsewhere.

irn bru

Always wondered what that tasted like.

Never seen it anywhere in Tassie.

The smallest mousepad I've owned. Turns out it's more than enough room O_o

yup, I've got this huge razer mouse mat and I have so much crap sitting on it there is just enough space to move my mouse, like less than the size of your mouse mat.

I've pretty much given up on mice, use one on the netbook but for my main machine my trusty Logitech trackball has outlasted any mouse I've ever owned and still going strong. A bit more tlc, cleaning the ball and sensors but overall great.

May not be the best thing if you game though :)

Cheers

[trackball] May not be the best thing if you game though :)

terrible for fps, but works well for ARPG

I have a Logitech one as well. Suits my laptop a lot better, but it's also resulted in a whole lot less wrist strain I didn't even realise I had.

It's fucking woeful for anything requiring fine control instantly - the ball does not slide smoothly on its supports, grabbing and releasing at small scale like a wet finger on the rim of a clean glass. But, it works just fine for stuff that either has a bit of tolerance or doesn't require real-time rapidity.

Take the ball out and clean underneath it then !

I have a Logitech Trackball as well. I bought it around 1994 and am still using it.

Hmm,

It's been years since I gamed so no real idea.

Cybes it should not be doing that, may want to take a look at the contacts, I use mine for all manner of fine detail stuff.

They are pretty robust, unplugged a drip of WD-40 and wipe it off may well improve things, I've done that a couple of times on mine although usually just a quick brush of the contacts ever few days is all the maintenance it needs

Dead right on the wrist strain though, half the reason I got one, I was getting borderline carpal tunnel.

Cheers

Take the ball out and clean underneath it then!

Gee, why didn't I think of that?

Cybes it should not be doing that, may want to take a look at the contacts, I use mine for all manner of fine detail stuff.

It's been like this since new. I even sent email to Logitech about it - never heard back. <shrug> If I have anything that needs accuracy, I just swap it out for my last laser mouse.