Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Belkin 4-port ADSL WiFi router for 15 bucks, also includes a USB wifi dongle. Only 802.11g on both but can't complain at that price.

Sorry but ewwwwwwwwwwww, I don't like Belkins they always seem to give me problems.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it would appear to me as though you're making some sort of open wheeler Yamaha powered fun machine...

http://sidewinderatv.com/

Or if feeling especially crazy

CBR900 engine with super long travel suspension. Dem crazy Swedes!

Edited by aliali

... my sidewinder project

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it would appear to me as though you're making some sort of open wheeler Yamaha powered fun machine...? Given the inclusion of a surge tank there to be an intention to pull some G's!

Are those some sort of suspension control arm I spy in the background?

I are intrigued!

Yep everything you said is right except the surge tank ,most if not all motorbikes are gravity fed so rather than have 25L of fuel above my head or trying to find the right fuel pump pressure , I'll just get a simple fuel pump and go from the main tank to surge (behind the seat)and have overflow back to main tank and gravity feed to the motor . So I guess you could say its a purge tank.

Posted Image

Still needs a lot of work and the rims widened and a new set of atv tyres ect ect

http://sidewinderatv.com/

Or if feeling especially crazy

CBR900 engine with super long travel suspension. Dem crazy Swedes!

Those things do look fun but flimsy in the link you put up(video is another story)...

Mine is an Australian design with personal mods for strength (I made the cockpit 150mm longer for tall people too)

Try this link ... Many better design ... The kick ass ones have 300hp Suzuki hayabusa turbo engines!!

You'll see mine is very basic compared to some...

http://www.edge.au.com

Edited by st8smn

Posted Image

x2 tyres (700x32) and tubes

Swapping my chunky mountain bike tyres for something more civilised/efficient on bitumen.

Belkin 4-port ADSL WiFi router for 15 bucks, also includes a USB wifi dongle. Only 802.11g on both but can't complain at that price.

Sorry but ewwwwwwwwwwww, I don't like Belkins they always seem to give me problems.

Replaces a DLink, so far it seems like a step up. Seems to get it's knickers in a knot a bit less when lots of traffic ie torrents, DLNA, browsing going on.

Seems the general opinion is that DLink are near the bottom of the market so at least it's a step or 2 upwards.

We'll I striped the xt600 down to inspect why the fuck it sounds like a popcorn machine. Here's some pix finally.

Posted Image

Air leaks everywhere

Cam timing chain loose

Exhaust fucked

Clogged carby

Wires from stator coil shorting out.

So today being Aussie day and me being part bogan I got to fixing the above problems and ... Success

Posted Image

She runs , she idle's , for an '85' model she has a shitload of torque (even with no muffler) and bbrrrraaaaaapppppp my neighbours hate me.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy straya day.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it would appear to me as though you're making some sort of open wheeler Yamaha powered fun machine...? Given the inclusion of a surge tank there to be an intention to pull some G's!

I are intrigued!

Yep everything you said is right except the surge tank ,most if not all motorbikes are gravity fed so rather than have 25L of fuel above my head or trying to find the right fuel pump pressure , I'll just get a simple fuel pump and go from the main tank to surge (behind the seat)and have overflow back to main tank and gravity feed to the motor . So I guess you could say its a purge tank.
That's awesome man!

Please keep posting pics as it progresses.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

I are intrigued!

That's awesome man!

I'm pretty sure once I get it all running and I'm happy and have some sand paddles , I'll be heading up your way to lancelin to go to the beach/dunes with beers BBQ and beach fishing gear. :)

I'll keep you informed. Might even do another crapy build thread. Maby.

Edited by st8smn

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I are intrigued!

That's awesome man!

I'm pretty sure once I get it all running and I'm happy and have some sand paddles , I'll be heading up your way to lancelin to go to the beach/dunes with beers BBQ and beach fishing gear. :)

I'll keep you informed. Might even do another crapy build thread. Maby.

Sounds awesome, and please, build thread.

My studio monitor headphones arrived today. :)

Audio Technica ATH-M50s

Posted Image

Bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, just have to wait for it to arrive.

Just have to find a new case for it soon.

Pics- plenty on the net.

I don't know if they make them for the Note 3, but I got an incredible case for my Nexus 5... it practically feels solid enough to be confident in throwing your phone at the wall (as long as the screen itself doesn't connect, haha).

Spigen SlimArmor.

EDIT: Turns out they do make them.

They're expensive, but you get what you pay for I guess. :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=sp...+3&_sacat=0

Edited by Ezkaton

Oooh, what do we have here?

Posted Image

It's some electronics lab goodness!!! :D

Posted Image

Edited by SquallStrife

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Oooh, what do we have here?

That's a very small telly!

;-)

Posted Image

So what are you going to use that for?

Scoping some oscillations, of course!

Holy moly! It never clicked with me that oscilloscope was for "scoping oscillations". That makes sense!

Perhaps its because I've always called them "silly-scopes" because it made me giggle.

Rob.

Three boxes turned up today :)

My new cockpit seat http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/racing-si...heel-stand.html

Posted Image

New buttkicker for said seat http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/buttkicke...gamer-2-62.html

Posted Image

New Keyboard stand v2 to attach to said seat and replace my V1 which attached to the wheel stand http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/racing-si...ouse-stand.html

Posted Image

Looking forward to getting home and bolting these onto my chassis.

The four expansion sets for Cards against Humanity.

Should be here in a week or two. I'll post pics, promise.

Where did you get them, and how much did they cost?

I've been looking for a decently priced way to get the bigger blacker box + the expansions. FleaBay seems way to expensive

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Where did you get them, and how much did they cost?

I've been looking for a decently priced way to get the bigger blacker box + the expansions. FleaBay seems way to expensive

I also would like to know! Edited by xyzzy frobozz

Three boxes turned up today :)

My new cockpit seat http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/racing-si...heel-stand.html

Posted Image

New buttkicker for said seat http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/buttkicke...gamer-2-62.html

Posted Image

New Keyboard stand v2 to attach to said seat and replace my V1 which attached to the wheel stand http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/racing-si...ouse-stand.html

Posted Image

Looking forward to getting home and bolting these onto my chassis.

Noice!

Posted Image

Testing the performance of my new AV switcher project as I develop it... That will be the first job.

After that, yeah, scoping oscillations. :P