Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Picked it up on Friday & managed to get a few km into it before the rain hit. Sadly had to drop it back to the shop on Sunday as the rear caliper was misaligned. Hopefully get it back tonight/tomorrow arvo.

It's a sweet-ass ride though; easily 2-3kph faster per lap at the velodrome without trying. Definitely more comfortable and easier going uphill. Looking forward to trying out the descending on it soon too :D

Wankstergram shot below for the brief period it spent at home :(

2015-02-12.jpg

IMG_20150215_121805.jpg

• Like 4

So my new computer chair and PVC mat (to protect the carpet) arrived today. It's now assembled and it's VERY comfortable. I hope to enjoy it for many moons, or until it starts to disintegrate ... :D

ZBfLfph.jpg

• Like 1

If they bothered to put more legs and wheels with more surface area, we'd not need mats... I bought mine a few months ago, so glad to get rid of the carpet mat which would just move on it's own and need constant adjustment. Plastic one, just hit it with the mop every couple of months.

Bought some new wiper blades yesterday, as in the complete ones so you get nice looking new black assemblies rather than the old chipped ones for a few bucks extra. Nice & quiet now.

Went to BCF earlier, sale voucher for today was $15 for a normal and mini sized 12-way multitool packed together. Nowhere near Leatherman but not crap either. Keep in the car for fishing/camping.

Also grabbed one of their small pairs of binoculars, 8x21 pocket sized on special for 20 bucks.

Edited by Rybags

My big purchases lately were an Xbox One (Assassins Creed bundle) a 40" 4K UHD LG TV from Harvey Norman for under $700, and an Entertainment unit to set it all up.

The unit had to be returned the first time around as it was completely destroyed when I opened it up. Tempered glass, so it shattered into a million pieces, and digging in the carpet wasn't fun at all. So that was sorted out.

Also purchased a 2TB Toshiba drive for under $100 for all my 1080p > 4K content so I can show it off. Also been watching my Blu-Rays on it too via the Xbox One. Absolutely brilliant purchase in my book.

Also bee going crazy for Amiibo's as of late, seems that pre-ordering them is a necessity as they sell out like there's no tomorrow. Missed out on getting Little Mac a while ago, so I had to resort to eBay instead. Not too much of a price increase, but he's one of the sought-after ones there.

No, I don't have one & no idea if it's even availble yet but it would be cool, although somewhat pricey.

I'd probably go the route of get the watch which swaps for one of the tools.

http://www.leatherman.com/425.html

Leatherman-Tread-Multi-Tool-Bracelet.jpgLeatherman-Tread-watch-black.jpg

• Like 1

Also bee going crazy for Amiibo's as of late, seems that pre-ordering them is a necessity as they sell out like there's no tomorrow. Missed out on getting Little Mac a while ago, so I had to resort to eBay instead. Not too much of a price increase, but he's one of the sought-after ones there.

I'd love to collect the Amiibos, but I think if I started soon I would be too late. I hear there are also Walmart and other store exclusives. That would make it even harder.

Do you keep yours in the packaging or open them up?

ESNfiF0.jpg

My Kogan Food Processor and Blender arrived today. I'm going to make soups, smoothies, salads and whatever else I can think of .... mmm tasty!

"Supports LGA 1150 socket" - Did they get some cheesy Chinese seller to do their marketing?

And with HTT, shouldn't 4 cores support 8 threads?

"Supports LGA 1150 socket" - Did they get some cheesy Chinese seller to do their marketing?

And with HTT, shouldn't 4 cores support 8 threads?

Fairy sure i5's have never have HTT.

IIRC 2nd gen and my girlfriend's 3rd gen i5's don't.

Edit: Straight from ARK: http://ark.intel.com/products/80811/Intel-Core-i5-4690K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz

Edited by Charcoal

Yep, but supposedly it is a handy feature and is present on-die in many of their subsequent CPUs after introduction on P4 but not enabled.

Edited by Rybags

Weird... seems a bunch of i3 CPUs do have it, but no i5. http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced?HyperThreading=true&MarketSegment=DT

That's only desktop processors, i5 HT is much more common in the mobile segment. Most of the the i5 xxxxU processors have HT, but only 2 cores.

Agree though, cores are better than threads, but if I can't get 4 true cores, 2 cores with 4 threads is still nice for most applications.

Will be made reduntant in the next 6-8 weeks, so thought I'd treat myself to a new notebook PC to see me through to a new job...
0QZzNPx.jpg

Webber Q + trolley + gas bottle + assorted drinks.

• Like 2

:)

Which model Q Cybes ?

I have a 220, didn't bother with the trolley though, it sits on a roll around tool box that gives me plenty of storage :)

Cheers

Got these for my retro PC setup, on sale at JB Hifi for $127 (usually $213).

X5M0Phxh.jpg

BO947K0h.jpg

Hq0bocjh.jpg

They sound fantastic. Super clear and crisp, but still sufficiently meaty bass. This is the amp I'm using them with:

M6qnAS7h.jpg

(Forgive the purple tint, it's my phone's camera, and it's stuffed.)

• Like 1

Nice hi-fi kit Squall, all golden age.

Had not seen those speakers offered here at that price, shall go check, have a use for a pair and indeed they are a classic bookshelf sound, Shine Bright Like a Diamond :)

Cheers

Had not seen those speakers offered here at that price, shall go check, have a use for a pair and indeed they are a classic bookshelf sound, Shine Bright Like a Diamond :)

The sale ended Wednesday, sadly.

Apparently the land of wait awhile didn't have stock arrive in time so working on getting a pair at sale price :)

Cheers

Which model Q Cybes ?

I have a 220, didn't bother with the trolley though, it sits on a roll around tool box that gives me plenty of storage :)

Cheers

It's a 2000 - not the biggest model around, but does use the outer clips on the trolley (clips! much more secure than a box - and just as well, 'cuz I've tipped it over already ;p ). More than enough for our needs, but I wanted a little extra capacity.

Got the Q and trolley assembled and joined, now... Gas on and first trial tomorrow.

Authentic Hommus Toppers - Fiery Tunisian Harissa dip from Aldi.

There's some nice combo hommus dips out there... this one is like having Chuck Norris roundhouse kicking your throat with the hot portion, the hommus portion is somewhat milder and complements well.

• Like 1

Which model Q Cybes ?

Cheers

It's a 2000 - not the biggest model around, but does use the outer clips on the trolley (clips! much more secure than a box - and just as well, 'cuz I've tipped it over already ;p ). More than enough for our needs, but I wanted a little extra capacity.

Got the Q and trolley assembled and joined, now... Gas on and first trial tomorrow.

Ah, Yeah, basically same as mine but latest version. Doesn't have the lid thermometer and is not quite as tall but from all reports runs hotter. I had the same thinking when choosing, there are really only three sizes the smallest looked more a camper, the largest overkill. They are a bit deceiving though, even the baby you can cook a LOT on :)

Drop over here if you are interested:

http://aussiecue.freeforums.net/

A pretty laid back cooking forum, there's an excellent Q cookbook one of the members wrote available for download.

Cheers