Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Oh yeah, I bought one of these last night:

Posted Image

Got it second hand for $1,750 with a spare back tyre, speedometer, drink holder, small sling pack, clip in shoes and front & back lights. The front tyres will probably needs replacing soon, but other than that, bargain.

Always curious about these things, are there any advantages to bike on these than a normal road bike?

Less damage to the panel work if you run one over.

Oh yeah, I bought one of these last night:

Posted Image

Got it second hand for $1,750 with a spare back tyre, speedometer, drink holder, small sling pack, clip in shoes and front & back lights. The front tyres will probably needs replacing soon, but other than that, bargain.

Always curious about these things, are there any advantages to bike on these than a normal road bike?

Less damage to the panel work if you run one over.

Yes and no, it depends how you hit it. A regular bike will pretty much ping away as the occupant flies into the air. Unlike a regular road/mountain/race bicycle, a recumbent trike has got a low and stable base and it, along with it's occupant, is far more likely to get wedged and 'cause the car to swerve and hit something more solid. So if nothing else, it makes me happy to think of taking out the blind bastard who smacked into me.

The main advantage for most people is greater speed/less effort - recumbent trikes and bikes are always faster than regular ones in race situations, which is why you don't see them competing in the same races.

For me the main advantage is that if I ride a regular bike I get unbearable upper back pain within about 30 minutes. In a recumbent I can ride for hours if needed.

Edited by tantryl

Get a flag.

Well, yeah. And lights. And those spike/scythe things poking out of the wheels to cut down my enemies.

*EDIT* Although while cycling in Perth, that mostly won't be necessary.

Edited by tantryl

Ethernaut, my unicorn, an album I've been trying to get my hands on for ages but was always sold out when I went to purchase it. The proof that it's my own happy-snap and not a web crawl should be in the photo itself :-p

A much-loved single malt, Cardhu is an easygoing, charming Speysider. With clean, crisp oak and sweet malt evoking flavours of honeyed flapjacks and home-made caramel squares, this is one for the sweet-toothed among you.

I love tasting notes.

Posted Image

You may now be jelly.

I got a whole bunch of C64 tapes here... you want?

Just got back to Tassie this morning via spirit of Tasmania, having picked this up in Melbourne yesterday

Vintage 1974 Volvo 142

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just got back to Tassie this morning via spirit of Tasmania, having picked this up in Melbourne yesterday

Vintage 1974 Volvo 142

Posted Image

I like this very, very much. They look great without bumpers :)