Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

God's trying to tell you to get a Canon ;)

-X

Will god replace all my Nikon lenses, batteries and accessories?

The appeal of the D300 is that I already have one, and having two identical cameras is very easy for swapping between.

Approx 28 tonnes of

Posted Image

Divided up between me, my brother's and my mother's houses. Cut and split in 3 days on the hill in the background by a local chap with a monster 90HP powered log splitter.

Mostly stringy bark with a bit of very tough white gum.

i got 3 tshirts yesterday for $5 each from jay-jays

a black one with stripes

a yellow one with a skull and a car

and (my new fav shirt) a black tron legacy one with daft punk with laser discs...it awesome!

all in XL size (im tall and skinny,not fat) :P

Edited by jdog

Going shopping on Sat to get me one of these.

Posted Image

wow

i haven't seen a blackboard in ages

God's trying to tell you to get a Canon ;)

-X

Will god replace all my Nikon lenses, batteries and accessories?

The appeal of the D300 is that I already have one, and having two identical cameras is very easy for swapping between.

Well, you can get an adapter to use Nikon lenses on most Canon DSLR's.

But it doesn't work the other way as Canon camera's have a shorter distance between the lens and the focal plane than Nikon.

I'll stop shit stirring now ;)

-X

Best panels on the market. What's the bet you have some trashy Bravia or worse still an LG.

Saw my Bravia NX sitting next to whatever the top Samsung was 6 months ago and unless the Samsung had a dodgy feed, the Sony blew it out of the water.

Again, my deepest condolences.

'

Awww, yeaaaahhh!

Posted Image

EDIT;

Best panels on the market. What's the bet you have some trashy Bravia or worse still an LG.

Saw my Bravia NX sitting next to whatever the top Samsung was 6 months ago and unless the Samsung had a dodgy feed, the Sony blew it out of the water.

Don't Samsung make Sony's panels, anyway?

Unless something has changed since 2008/9, when I last checked in on the matter.

Edited by Reb1rth.

'

soz, but have to concur with Foods

i've got the 46" nx710 of the bravia, and unless something amazing has happened since early new year, the sony is without peer for normal viewing, and although it has 3d capabilities (and they threw in the glasses and transmitter, as yet unused) i am well happy with the quality of the screen, and the frugal power use, and the net connectivity

the sound is okay, but given i have a different system for the speaker set up (auzentech with the burr brown opamps through a T class amp to the wharfedales) i don't really care

i went to at least 4 different showrooms before i realised that i always ended up standing in front of the nx710 models before anyone tried to direct me to a specific brand or model, and before i started to recognise it by form factor

it was simply the most awesome model in any lineup

Approx 28 tonnes of

Posted Image

Divided up between me, my brother's and my mother's houses. Cut and split in 3 days on the hill in the background by a local chap with a monster 90HP powered log splitter.

Mostly stringy bark with a bit of very tough white gum.

My dad would have had me doing it all with an axe! And it would have been fun, I always enjoy splitting wood. Pity our new place has a gas fire.

Got mahself a pair of these babies:

Posted Image

From Ebay. Even with end of financial year sales, they still would have been way more expensive in a shoe shop.

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

Posted Image

From Ebay. Even with end of financial year sales, they still would have been way more expensive in a shoe shop.

They are awesome running shows.

I used to wear the Supernovas, then tried the Brooks Trance for a pair, but wasn't a fan.

Next time, I went back to Adidas and went for the Adistars and they are the best running shoes I've had.

I'll be going for the same next time, but won't pay $260 again. I'll buy a pair of shoes in a shop to get the right fit - but once I know my size in a given shoe and have a good fit, I just go online for half the price.

Posted Image

They are awesome running shows.

I used to wear the Supernovas, then tried the Brooks Trance for a pair, but wasn't a fan.

Next time, I went back to Adidas and went for the Adistars and they are the best running shoes I've had.

I'll be going for the same next time, but won't pay $260 again. I'll buy a pair of shoes in a shop to get the right fit - but once I know my size in a given shoe and have a good fit, I just go online for half the price.

Cannot make that picture show up.

I also bought the Supernovas. I wore them running every day for a few months, on gravel, getting stones caught in the heel bit all the time. I had a box full of the gravel stones I pulled out of the shoes. Then I started work and I worked in them every day, for 8 hours, on my feet lifting and carrying and everything. Then from Jan to late April, I was doing bloody ten hour days in these shoes.

Still wear them now, they're still fine. There's just no grip on the soles, and they're horrible looking due to being covered in dust and sweat and glue from work for so long.

Went the Salvations because I already know what Adidas size fits me, and ~16 months of hardcore non-intentioned use has left the Supernovas fine. Cost me $130, and felt great as soon as I put them on. Don't want to scuff them at work though, trying to get a new job.

Supernovas were $200 in Athlete's Foot, best money I ever spent. Of course, you can get them for like $90 online.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Ive got an LG and TBH im perfectly happy with it. Dont know why its being poo poo'ed.

how big?

Samsung 55" Full HD Smart 3D LED LCD TV to replace an old Samsung 40" LCD.

Bumped into one of those at JB the other day, I must have stared at it for half an hour. Thing of beauty.

My dad would have had me doing it all with an axe! And it would have been fun, I always enjoy splitting wood. Pity our new place has a gas fire.

Not on some of that wood you wouldn't. The feller and splitter is a professional axeman and he couldn't split some of it with either a block buster or axe, in fact the big hydraulic splitter struggled a bit on some of it.

:-)

Not on some of that wood you wouldn't. The feller and splitter is a professional axeman and he couldn't split some of it with either a block buster or axe, in fact the big hydraulic splitter struggled a bit on some of it.

:-)

It may well be difficult, but by gum I'd give it a go. You just put the logs that are too hard to one side and try them again later. You can always split off smaller pieces if you can't do it neatly. My dad's a professional tree felling guy, so he's taught me all the good techniques, I'm no chump.

Most effective, fun, and badass: Axe stuck in wood? Lift entire log over head and smash down on chopping block back-of-axe first. Split that sucker! Win girls! Impress your friends!

'

Do you reckon that every TV in JB or Harvey's on display has its own video source?

Sonicwall Pro 2040.

Posted Image

Nice dude. Hope you got it for a decent price!

It was a bargain, yes.

It just arrived. Brand new, in the box. Along with all the original cables and manuals.....RRP is over 1300, mine for 200.

Fkn bargain and a half.