Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

55"

oooh

Full HD Smart 3D LED LCD

ooooooh

Samsung

oh

( to clarify, yeah, they make decent panels, but everything else about them will probably fall off in a month, also service for samsung is worse than leper hookers)

Edited by clockworkman

Never had any problems with any of my Samsung products.

When I get around to upgrading my 5 year old Samsung LCD I'll be going with them again.

Foods is obviously correct, what the fuck would I know about televisions?

You've sold enough of them at the pub, you should know a thing or two.

Just picked up a set of new cans, Logitech G35's

http://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?Invent...;CategoryID=385

Loving the sound output, really immersive and extremly comfortable for long sessions. Havn't used the G button option yet and the only gripe i have is that i can hear myself as an echo when using the mic, but i'm sure with a bit of tweaking i can sort that out. Such a pleasure after a year of using cheap as headsets.

136 bucks - too good to pass up on a 320 Gig Toppro PVR.

Has USB port so you can do media playing and transfer between drives.

On sale at JB HiFi.

Posted Image

Arrived yesterday. IDE Plus 2.0 interface for the old Atari computers.

Prepaid a few weeks ago, something like 90 bucks... these limited run homebrew projects tend to cost a fair bit.

Posted Image

136 bucks - too good to pass up on a 320 Gig Toppro PVR.

Has USB port so you can do media playing and transfer between drives.

On sale at JB HiFi.

Was considering the same, would you mind letting me know how it is after you've had a play with it? Ta :)

The Timeshift is dumb as dogshit.

Seems you can only seek by << and >> No buttons to do stuff like +30 seconds etc. And you resume play at times and end up seemingly minutes from where you intended.

The key seems to be to just low-speed seek when getting near to where you want. That brings up another gripe - you cycle through the seek speeds but it just gets to the 32x but doesn't go back to Play or the 2x speed once you hit >> again.

Also, rumour has it, TopPro doesn't necessarily mean manufactured by Topfield.

I paid the 30 bucks extra though for the 3 year replacement warrantee. Already been stung by the shitty thing I got from Aldi back 4 years ago.

Considering you pay $75 + still for a decent HD box, it's not bad value.

One nice feature is that despite being only single tuner, it still allows you to view another channel on the same frequency while recording, e.g. record 9 but watch Gem or Go. Although I generally just use the TV to watch the non-recorded channel anyway.

Another annoyance, although more the TV's fault - the discrepency between volume levels with the TV's tuner and this box is a discrace. 40/100 for comfortable volume using the box, yet 3/100 if using the TV on it's tuner. Most other stuff I hang off the TV requires between 15 and 20/100.

Got it sitting there on, not using it. I did a 10 minute set recording earlier so I could benchmark speed of copying to a USB thumbdrive.

Posted Image

https://shopap.lenovo.com/au/en/products/la.../thinkpad-edge/

Tired of trying to find a gaming laptop that focuses more on multimedia and battery life than expensive battery-bleeding graphics that will be wasted on a non-1080p screen.

Sandy Bridge i5, discrete graphics, 3 year warranty, 9 cell battery, fingerprint reader and 2x2 wifi setup for under $900 yesplox

Ok, thanks. Might wait until I can splurge on a fancier unit.

On the plus side, they've released at least 2 firmware updates (mine seems to already be on the latest) addressing issues raised.

Really, I gotta say I've been annoyed in one way or another with every modern bit of tech I've ever used, everything seems to have it's negatives.

The other thing with this and so many others is the navigation. Some functions quit by hitting the button again, others you have to press Exit.

The channel change is nice and quick. Another neg though is that during any type of recording, you can't timeshift through it while it's recording. Many other devices let you do this.

For the price, it's hard to beat. But on the other hand you can get USB "PVR Ready" HD boxes around 65 bucks. But then you can't really leave a HDD just running while waiting to catch your programming, and USB thumbdrives are expensive for the bigger ones and often have speed issues.

All comes down to what you want to spend I suppose. Having spent $230 on the last one that's currently a paperweight due copping a surge, I wasn't really prepared to fork out too much on another.

I've just placed an order for one of these:

Although not the fastest it fits perfectly within my needs =)

Edited by stuffcookie

The annoying thing about those digital recorders is they don't also record analog. And analog are the only channels worth recording most of the time, in this region. We had to return a 500GB dual tuner unit after we found it did not record analog, and who wants to record 6 identical ABC channels?

Yay for not having analog switched off til the end of 2013.

I've just placed an order for one of these:

Although not the fastest it fits perfectly within my needs =)

Nice!

Where are you getting it from?

I couldn't find a local supplier for that specific model so I had to use ebay.

Edited by stuffcookie

The annoying thing about those digital recorders is they don't also record analog. And analog are the only channels worth recording most of the time, in this region.

Um the standard digital channels should have exactly the same programmes as the analogue ones

ABC1 digital = ABC Analogue

SBS 1 digital = SBS analogue

etc etc.

Otherwise get a PVR with a dual analogue/digital tuner.

The annoying thing about those digital recorders is they don't also record analog. And analog are the only channels worth recording most of the time, in this region.

Um the standard digital channels should have exactly the same programmes as the analogue ones

etc etc.

Nope, there is no regional equivalent of 7 and 9 on digital, or 10 whatsoever. The only digital channels in the region are the ABC and SBS channels, most of which are exactly the same and must be deleted anyway.

I haven't seen any PVRs that state that they also do analog, they all tend to be pretty light on the details.

etc etc.

Nope, there is no regional equivalent of 7 and 9 on digital, or 10 whatsoever. The only digital channels in the region are the ABC and SBS channels, most of which are exactly the same and must be deleted anyway.

I haven't seen any PVRs that state that they also do analog, they all tend to be pretty light on the details.

Must be a quirk of the stations in your area... I seem to recall Ch 7 Digital and Ch 7 Analogue advertise the same timetable... which is handy as we're not able to pick up any Seven network stations on digital at present. (Must be some hidden notch filter in our coax.)

Foods is obviously correct, what the fuck would I know about televisions?

So, did you actually buy one or not?

'

Posted Image

Upgrade kits for NERF Recon and Stampede

Thanks, I'll take the Recon one.