Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Posted Image

Is in my hot little hands.

i am more than a little interested - they look great

how much ?

RRP is $799

I picked it up for $610 at a VIP night being held at my local Good Guys store. I think that price is at or below cost.

You can order from the states and depending on the shipping can come out sub 600. The Aussie retailers are getting shafted big time by the local distributor.

This hipster mobile

I have to say, they're a tone of fun to ride.

fixie?

Hipster indeed. :P

I assume you ride it wearing your tweed suit, right?

edit:

my latest item to arrive... a signed copy of the grates latest album. I best listen to it now, i think!

Edited by Caelum

Take 2 on the camera, found another second hand D300 (no grip this time, but the price was lower) and in nice condition (only 33k shots)

Posted Image

Also some music and media goodies for the upcoming holiday

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ipod Touch 64GB + Case + Pioneer SE-NC31C Active Noise Cancelling Ear Phones (The earphones were order-in from another store, so I pick them up tomorrow)

Sometimes buying gear/crap to use on holidays costs almost as much as another holiday.

And since this has kicked off another round of disk ripping I decided to run an itunes server again, so...

Posted Image

(WD My Book World Edition II 2x1TB in RAID1)

This hipster mobile

fixie?

edit:

my latest item to arrive... a signed copy of the grates latest album. I best listen to it now, i think!

I still prefer the term single speed, I'm not running the thing fixed gear and don't ever intend to.

I mainly got it to build up leg strength when doing my quick commute into town and weekend running about. And strength one does need when riding that thing.

This hipster mobile

fixie?

edit:

I still prefer the term single speed, I'm not running the thing fixed gear and don't ever intend to.

I mainly got it to build up leg strength when doing my quick commute into town and weekend running about. And strength one does need when riding that thing.

You should try it out fixed for a few weeks. I prefer freewheel for one important reason only, that I can spin the cranks to get the pedal high off the ground when going through a lot of tight corners, such as dodging traffic, or keeping it off the ground so I can ride closer to a gutter.

I have a fixed gear bike at the moment, and I realised one thing.... It makes me ride with more consciousness. The thing is like a wild horse if it gets out of control, so I have to think about braking and pedalling more. I couriered for a number of years and was decent on a bike, but half a year on a fixed gear has made me a much better rider.

Powercolor Radeon 6970 2gb:

Posted Image

Damn... that thing has more RAM than most of my computers, and as much RAM as the laptop I'm typing on.

Still, anyone think it odd that companies go to such great lengths making a peripheral card, which is all but invisible inside a case* when in operation, so visually attractive?

(* Windowed cases aside... and also, when you're gaming or otherwise using the video card... who does so whilst watching the video card itself?)

You're not really an Atomican, are you?

Never seen a perspex window on a case?

And, I reckon this machine I'm typing this up on has more RAM than all of your computers combined :)

I hate how people keep wasting money on nice looking engines, or eloquent PCB layouts.

And, I reckon this machine I'm typing this up on has more RAM than all of your computers combined :)

stop browsing the internet from your database server :p

Edited by clockworkman

You're not really an Atomican, are you?

Never seen a perspex window on a case?

Yep, I also studied a bit on EMC in the latter part of university. :-)

Hmmmm.... okay, I'll exclude the ones that aren't frequently used / not operational.

• Cobalt Qube2: 128MB
  • SGI O2: 128MB
  • SGI Indy: 256MB
  • Toshiba Satellite PRO 6100: 1GB
  • Lemote Yeeloong: 1GB
  • Apple MacBook: 2GB
  • Atom-based server: 2GB
  • Phenom II X6-based desktop: 8GB
  • Total: 14.375GB

That's quite some RAM. :-)

My desktop has 8GB (my laptop will have it, too), I'm pretty sure kikz has mentioned his workstation has 16 or so to make life easier when playing with VMs. Would expect at least 16 for Twinnie too ; )

Posted Image

very nice

i just recently got a xonar hdav, and along with the auzen x-plosion (and x-studio) there is the option of upgrading the opamps

having done so, can i suggest you consider spending $28 more here

and even then you'll have bought more than you need (you get two paired opamps mounted ready to go) - one of these for the (front) stereo channel is impressively better than the standard, and auzen want ~$50 plus international post for one mounted pair

heavenly !

My desktop has 16GB, not worth building anything with less than 8 these days.

Laptop 4GB, Netbooks both 2GB, DB Server 2GB, Webserver 1GB.

Anything less if for embedded stuff.