Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Here I am wil 3GB still. :(

It's ok, my parmy and chips pwns all your RAM multiplied by over 9000.

If it's any consolation, I've crashed the print spooler so many times on the office PC because it doesn't like printing something out 500 times when it has 2GB RAM :

Yeah, lets talk about RAM some more.

Because thats pretty fucking exciting.

'

Yeah, lets talk about RAM some more.

Because thats pretty fucking exciting.

'

Literally lol'd really loud at my desk just now ahaha.

WEll, I'm looking to double my RAM. Anyone know where I can get 4 x 8GB DDR3 sticks on the cheap?

Posted Image

very nice

i just recently got a xonar hdav, and along with the auzen x-plosion (and x-studio) there is the option of upgrading the opamps

having done so, can i suggest you consider spending $28 more here

and even then you'll have bought more than you need (you get two paired opamps mounted ready to go) - one of these for the (front) stereo channel is impressively better than the standard, and auzen want ~$50 plus international post for one mounted pair

heavenly !

Oh hey thanks for that, I was considering using the LM4562's which do you reckon would be better, or has someone done a comparison that explains the differences in sound features?

So from your link there are 2 new opamps, but the board has 5? Or are these one just for the front channels?

Cheers

I'm on your internet, raping your bandwidth:

Posted Image

Three sponge, with tyres. Stretching looks awesome, but need to touch up all the gravel rash from doing it.

I really should have just ran more camber and went half an inch more, might just buy some new ones when the tyres wear out.

And I need to drop it back down an inch and a half.

'

'nough of that, Foods.

I'm on your internet, raping your bandwidth:

Posted Image

Three sponge, with tyres. Stretching looks awesome, but need to touch up all the gravel rash from doing it.

I really should have just ran more camber and went half an inch more, might just buy some new ones when the tyres wear out.

'

Nice Camry.

Nice Camry.

Its a Daewoo, and its not mine.

Posted Image

Pro phone quality picture. Its sitting way too high, even my imaginary friend Lester agrees.

'

Edited by Foods

Did you take it out for a burl in the snow?

Had to drive to Oberon (well Shooters Hill actually) for work, so yeah.

Edit: I noticed no-one had talked about RAM on this page yet, so yeah I like RAM.

'

Edited by Foods

In case anyone missed it on Facebook...

Posted Image

Also picked up an AMD HD6970, a HDMI cable, and an HDMI->DVI converter.

Rob.

In case anyone missed it on Facebook...

That would be me - and apparently an increasing number of others, too. I never joined FB. Unless someone specifically gives me a pointer to a public-readable page, I'm never going to see whatever dribble gets put on it.

Oh, and nice buy, btw. Prefer Laphroaig myself, but those are both nice drops.

Edited by Cybes

I like RAM.

You sure do like girly cars.

I just figure that my penis is big enough.

'

Posted Image

very nice

i just recently got a xonar hdav, and along with the auzen x-plosion (and x-studio) there is the option of upgrading the opamps

and even then you'll have bought more than you need (you get two paired opamps mounted ready to go) - one of these for the (front) stereo channel is impressively better than the standard, and auzen want ~$50 plus international post for one mounted pair

heavenly !

Oh hey thanks for that, I was considering using the LM4562's which do you reckon would be better, or has someone done a comparison that explains the differences in sound features?

So from your link there are 2 new opamps, but the board has 5? Or are these one just for the front channels?

Cheers

as an additional comment to my pm to you, if you are using the optical (digital) out then upgrading the opamps achieves nothing

you would do just as well to use onboard optical and let an upmarket amp do the rest of it (which i presume isn't your intent)

That would be me - and apparently an increasing number of others, too. I never joined FB. Unless someone specifically gives me a pointer to a public-readable page, I'm never going to see whatever dribble gets put on it.

You know, Facebook is still open for new users ;)

Oh, and nice buy, btw. Prefer Laphroaig myself, but those are both nice drops.

Yeah, thing is that I already have two bottles of Ardbeg on my shelf. The Ardbeg 18, though, is a might close to being finished, and that'll likely be replaced with Laphroaig Quarter Cask (which has been staring at me for a while).

Truth be told, I was impressed with how good value for money those two bottles cost me. The Talisker was only $65, I could've sworn it used to be more, and while the Aberlour was $100, when you take into account the alcohol content, it comes down closer to $65. Pretty good for two highly regarded bottles of Scotch.

Rob.

So I got myself a fountain pen.

Posted Image

I think it's pretty darn sexy. Who can guess who made it?

p.s. Disregard the 'Day 37' stuff, tis unrelated.

Posted Image

very nice

heavenly !

Cheers

as an additional comment to my pm to you, if you are using the optical (digital) out then upgrading the opamps achieves nothing

you would do just as well to use onboard optical and let an upmarket amp do the rest of it (which i presume isn't your intent)

yeah I'll be using the analogue outs. :)