Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Found a quality flip cover for Nexus 7 yesterday for 3 bucks @ Salvo store.

Get it home but it seems the 2012 model is larger dimensions so no go. Took it back.

I've got one of them. Nexus 7 that is.

What ROM have you got running on it, or just the out of the box ROM?

Mine has been collecting dust for a few years and I only recently brought it back to life. It's a bit bloaty, so I have been looking for a nice plane Android version to whack on it in the hope of speeding it up a bit

Swans/GWS should be a good game, hoping for a GWS win here but they'll need to be at their best.

My Nexus... NFI. I first rooted it probably late 2012 and it took the subsequent OTA official update just fine.

Then had to apply root again, which I think is where the trouble started. It downloaded the next update twice and failed to flash it each time. One time I thought it had bricked itself but got it back by recovery.

I just don't use it that much and the want for Android and apps to constantly update has gotten to the point where it just shits me no end. Big waste of time for little or no gain in functionality.

Also shits me that you have to root the thing in the first place, just to be able to apply customizations that for other OSes are trivial things.

As for speed - yep. It was lauded for a while but now, my phone is a shitload faster, the cheap 10" Pendo I have is faster (and I use it daily despite the crap resolution), the HDMI dongle I've got is faster. Though in it's favour it seems to beat most for battery life.

Edited by Rybags

Swans/GWS should be a good game, hoping for a GWS win here but they'll need to be at their best.

Should be a cracking game...but, given I'm a Swans member we want different outcomes! :)

18 papberbacks. No pic - at least as yet - it's still in transit. Bloody freight more than doubled the purchase! :p

18 papberbacks. No pic - at least as yet - it's still in transit. Bloody freight more than doubled the purchase! :p

That's because it's bulky and heavy.

I'm disturbed by the severe lack of Bras, Jocks, Socks, and related items in this thread.

Clearly we dont buy underwear very often. Or we always buy it first, so its not the latest.

I'm disturbed by the severe lack of Bras, Jocks, Socks, and related items in this thread.

Clearly we dont buy underwear very often. Or we always buy it first, so its not the latest.

Several years before joining atomic, I had just started working, and I purchased a lifetime's supply of underwear at a 5% off sale.

Unfortunately, the initial cash outlay - which was back then sufficient to have purchased of a second hand imported 4cyl car, in metallic green with beige velour seats, with moderate km on the clock and a small dent in the left side of the rear bumper - would have been better placed in a term deposit, and simply purchased underwear every year or two using the interest I received, and I would still have that large pile of cash. Also I have needed to spend excessive money on weight loss programs and surgery to maintain my slim form in order to fit into the briefs bought back when I was much younger. Coupled with that, it appears 1997 Batman and Robin official merchandise dacks would not be as timeless as I once predicted, but once I form a plan, it's going to take more than a few occasions when a lingerie model pointed and laughed in the bedroom to make me change my mind.

• Like 2

Several years before joining atomic, I had just started working, and I purchased a lifetime's supply of underwear at a 5% off sale.

Unfortunately, the initial cash outlay - which was back then sufficient to have purchased of a second hand imported 4cyl car, in metallic green with beige velour seats, with moderate km on the clock and a small dent in the left side of the rear bumper - would have been better placed in a term deposit, and simply purchased underwear every year or two using the interest I received, and I would still have that large pile of cash. Also I have needed to spend excessive money on weight loss programs and surgery to maintain my slim form in order to fit into the briefs bought back when I was much younger. Coupled with that, it appears 1997 Batman and Robin official merchandise dacks would not be as timeless as I once predicted, but once I form a plan, it's going to take more than a few occasions when a lingerie model pointed and laughed in the bedroom to make me change my mind.

while I'm 99.9% sure this is tongue in cheek; I've heard crazier....

so on that 0.1% chance, Id wager genuine official merchandise from 1997 would start to be worth something now, so maybe not the worst investment.

Id also like to see a photo of the sheer magnitude of that much underwear.....

I reckon the elastic would /should have 'shot' it's elasticity by now.

Nevertheless I enjoyed the read and did chuckle. Thanks for that stadl.

while I'm 99.9% sure this is tongue in cheek; I've heard crazier....

There''s about 10% truth, and none of it relates to undies. It was the car I had bought around the time described - but it didn't have the dent in it - I put that dent there a few years later.

Nevertheless I enjoyed the read and did chuckle. Thanks for that stadl.

Jet lagged and messed up sleep patterns (5 cities in 5 different Timezones in 3 days (actually registered as 2 thanks to the date line)), MS's post tickled my creative side.

• Like 1

:)

I've discovered the past few years that daughters can have a benefit - you don't need to fret over buying socks and jocks ;)

Cheers

I would post a picture of my 3 day new Samsung Galaxy Note 7...

....but I have to return it in case it catches fire.

To be fair, other phones can explode too. Lithium ion batteries aren't the safest type of battery.

They are good cans D, but yes they are a bit flimsy - unfortunately the good ones often are, DJ mate of mine goes through about a set a month :)

Cheers

A recent one - Aldi had their ripoff of CLR for 4 bucks so I grabbed one. I have a slight bit of rust stain on shower floor probably from letting a piece of steel scourer sit for a couple of days.

Didn't do a fuck-damn thing. Useless.

Duty free on the way home fro a US work trip.

Bruichladdich Octomore 7.2 (a special edition cask strength 58.5%, 208ppm peat monster)

Glenmorangie Lergends Duthac 1L

Both travel editions, not easy to find in local shops.

Duty free on the way home fro a US work trip.

Bruichladdich Octomore 7.2 (a special edition cask strength 58.5%, 208ppm peat monster)

Glenmorangie Lergends Duthac 1L

Both travel editions, not easy to find in local shops.

Also to be treated with extreme respect - I know the second one, delicious but a nip a night will do ;)

Cheers

Well, I was annoyed that I can't upgrade my Note 4 until my plan allows, in November. But I think they might have worked out all the bugs by then, so it may not be a bad thing.

I hate that they now seem to release the newer versions less than 12 months apart, and I can't take advantage of a new phone until the contract ends.

A recent one - Aldi had their ripoff of CLR for 4 bucks so I grabbed one. I have a slight bit of rust stain on shower floor probably from letting a piece of steel scourer sit for a couple of days.

Did you use it with boiling water? you may also need to let it soak the stain in paper towel for a while.

I used a whole bottle of actual CLR just to clean my toilet once, it took me a week of pouring boiling water and CLR into the bowl, letting it sit for a while, then coming back and scrubbing.

It's not magic like on the TV

Well, I was annoyed that I can't upgrade my Note 4 until my plan allows, in November. But I think they might have worked out all the bugs by then, so it may not be a bad thing.

I hate that they now seem to release the newer versions less than 12 months apart, and I can't take advantage of a new phone until the contract ends.

Did you use it with boiling water? you may also need to let it soak the stain in paper towel for a while.

I used a whole bottle of actual CLR just to clean my toilet once, it took me a week of pouring boiling water and CLR into the bowl, letting it sit for a while, then coming back and scrubbing.

It's not magic like on the TV

I've never found CLR much use for much tbh.

When we moved in here a few years back the toilet was a bit of a disgrace, an hour later after a generous dosing of hydrochloric acid it was pristine.Used carefully would probably clean up Ry's shower floor as well - available off-the-shelf at Bunnings :)

Cheers

Bought a new harness for Floyd (my German Shepherd) so he can ride in the back of my ute. Fuck he loves that. So thought I'd better do the right, law abiding, thing and strap him in there safely and securely. He can wander about the back without falling out accidentally.

Bought a new harness for Floyd (my German Shepherd) so he can ride in the back of my ute. Fuck he loves that. So thought I'd better do the right, law abiding, thing and strap him in there safely and securely. He can wander about the back without falling out accidentally.

If he can still get his head in to the airflow down the side of the ute then you probably need to do something about that as well. Bits of dust, insects etc at road speeds can permanently damage the eyes to the point of early blindness. This sort of eye damage really pisses our local rural vets off as it's easily preventable.

Ye I know they just love doing it but it really is not good.

QUDO Bluetooth Soundbase

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/qudo-bluetooth-soundbase-qutt201sl

I used to use a set of 2.1 Computer Speakers with the 22" Monitor I use for a bedroom TV, but as neither the monitor, nor the speakers had a remote, I had to get up and turn the volume knob to adjust the volume.

I've seen some nice soundbars for around the $300 mark, but I wasn't really wanting to spend that much (I could almost buy a proper TV for that)

I found this soundbar, with remote at Officeworks, the Bass sucks compared to the 2.1 speakers I had, but it's bearable. I'm still getting used to the remote, I really hate these "flat" ones, I'll have to use t for a while before I get the feel for where the vol buttons are, in the dark.

https://twitter.com/smadge1/status/773084126345691136

CrqL4b0UAAAjUX9.jpg