Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

yeah I'll be using the analogue outs. :)

then i would strongly recommend the opa627's for the stereo front sound, and once you recover from the awe of hearing them, you can figure what else gets plugged where

you might find benefit in getting a pulling tool usually employed for bios chips, because the opamps really cling like shit to a blanket in their sockets, and the legs bend very easily (although the dual chip mounts are much sturdier)

Posted Image

Edited by scruffy1

yeah I'll be using the analogue outs. :)

then i would strongly recommend the opa627's for the stereo front sound, and once you recover from the awe of hearing them, you can figure what else gets plugged where

you might find benefit in getting a pulling tool usually employed for bios chips, because the opamps really cling like shit to a blanket in their sockets, and the legs bend very easily (although the dual chip mounts are much sturdier)

Posted Image

Now why did I get the image of three people in surgeon's type outfits gathered around an open computer... one fellow monitoring a UPS, another peering into the machine, then asking for a third to hand him the chip extractor..? ;-)

Just to ruin the thread. 8gb of ECC DDR3 from scroptech for $75 a stick for my microserver which is currently running ESXi 4.1 and 4x3tb Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000's from hong kong :)

Now why did I get the image of three people in surgeon's type outfits gathered around an open computer... one fellow monitoring a UPS, another peering into the machine, then asking for a third to hand him the chip extractor..? ;-)

ha ! i managed to hotflash my a7n8x with nothing but dental floss and toothpicks for the hot extraction job

Suck it, bitches :-p I don't have a pic of my own yet, but who needs pictures when one has one's own (red!) Vitamix blender? :-p

Epic (kitchen) win :-)

edit: behold! :-) 'scuse my glorious kitchen door :-p

Edited by elvenwhore

ll likely be replaced with Laphroaig Quarter Cask (which has been staring at me for a while).

Let us know how the quarter cask goes, I've been looking at getting it but don't really want to also buy the 'modern' Laphroaig to compare it to <.>

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Awww its not a blendtec.

No will it blend segments from Elven's place :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wishing I'd taken my old one in and noticed it had finer teeth : \

Posted Image

Real men just use a flathead.

'

http://pic.tradeage.com/10-x-plcc-ic-chip-...86-1241716.jpeg

Real men build the op-amp from scratch, using nothing but a paper-clip, some germanium, and good ol' male ingenuity!

fish and computers don't mix

Ever seen a fish try to pass a DIP8 package through its digestive system? Can't imagine it being very comfortable for the fish.

Posted Image

So that's what it's used for.

I've had that thing in a tool case since I went to TAFE (6 years onwards) and had NFI what it was!

Those glorious golden cartridges... they must have been spensive.

$67 all up, which I consider a good price...

I'd pay it for motherfucking Golden Zelda. And I don't even have the console to play it on. My NES suddenly started displaying green and green only one day. I think it got binned. I would have been 8 or 10.

So that's what it's used for.

I've had that thing in a tool case since I went to TAFE (6 years onwards) and had NFI what it was!

it came with the dfi lanparty ultra-d

i used it to assist in hot-swapping bios chips; and now for opamps

I'd pay it for motherfucking Golden Zelda. And I don't even have the console to play it on. My NES suddenly started displaying green and green only one day. I think it got binned. I would have been 8 or 10.

And now you're turning green?