Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Yes, the cartridge is remote. on the very side of the printer. in most models.

Wasn't aware of that on the Epsons. Brother have had this for ages, it's why fitting these

http://www.rihac.com.au/index.php/series-c-26_69_157?osCsid=9395e6c18ea6f5d32ef5d5f5f2e7f0c4

to Brothers is so easy, just have to watch for firmware upgrade lockouts.

I have a large format epson (A3+) with head-less tanks. Though the tanks sit ON the head, they're just microchipped fluid sponges IMO..

Show video of cars being cut up would be preferable.

Like this?

Went to Bunnings yesterday to buy some new fans, they were completely sold out of pedestal fans (and all the neighbouring stores) So I ended up with this one:

C4WKe1oUMAAD6TM.jpg

Yeah, it has a remote and a thermometer

A $6 camping lantern from Aldi. I hesitated due to it using "C" cells but batteries included so not a bad price.

Also has a remote. Had to take the vacuum seal plastic off the Cs, the small battery in the remote was dead, registered about 0.3 Volts instead of 12.

To the rescue, I'd bought a garage 433 MHz remote some weeks back which was useless as I'd jumped at the cool shiny looking thing but not noted it's a non-rolling code.

So, pull the battery out and it's the same length but skinnier so just tape some thin cardboard around it to provide a tight fit and it all works.

Weird thing is, the remote for the lantern isn't IR (works when totally obscured). Supposedly has a range of 30m so I suspect it might be ultrasonic but more likely generic 433 MHz.

Also, yet another Macbook power supply (Magsafe 1). I'd forgotten I'd ordered one the other day, and in fact they attempted delivery yesterday and I picked it up today.

Seller "newtekstore" on eBay, got to recommend them. This is about the 4th or 5th one I've bought from them and all arrive well packed and within 3-4 working days of being ordered.

Good to have a spare anyway.

Digital Single by Joy Villa - Beautiful. - 99pence

Being an old fart I've never heard of her but after reading what she did.. Yo !

Just bought her single "Beautiful" via Amazon D/L. No idea if it's current or not but the preview sounded the best out of the ones I checked.

I bought a 33 litre Willow esky @ Big W earlier today for $40.

Sort of pissed off, I'd bought a slightly smaller Esky branded one @ Bunnings a couple of months ago for little over half that and 2 visits in the last 2 weeks there and they no longer seem to carry it.

Coles had the Willow 25 litre for about $22 a couple of weeks ago but I didn't bother about it. Now back to about $40 there. KMart has a couple around $29 but the quality in the online pics didn't look so great.

That said though this Willow, for a so-called reputable brand is a bit rough around the edges. The handle has poor fit with the locking engagement and the overall feel is like the plastic mold needs replacing.

The last Willow I bought was almost 20 years ago, it's been retired at a mate's caravan at the coast, the side plastic ruptured so it got the duct tape treatment. I suppose if these new ones last 10-15 I'll be doing alright.

A base memory/HDD cover door for my recently bargain purchased Toshiba Satellite L840 Core i5 laptop.

A bit annoyed that a recent local listing with 2 of them for around $11 each sold out.

So, the only one I could find was in Lithuania for about $16 which includes intl postage so not too bad.

The local parts suppliers - one has them for about the same price but 4-6 week lead time - FFS, how could a business be that slow.

Another for $39, no way, too much for a pissy bit of plastic.

I'm not a musician, but I do love to dabble myself.

Yesterday, I found both of these on Gumtree, then purchased a powered USB hub and the Apple "USB 3 Camera Connection Kit" which allows me to make a USB connection and charge at the same time, something which you couldn't do before, and you basically had to run your iPad until it went flat.

Top one is the Edirol (By Roland) PCR-300

Bottom one is a Huntkey M-49 (It's basically an Aldi clone of the M-Audio M-49)

zaPvNtol.jpg

I started playing around with em last night at about 6pm, just before dinner, and by the time I went to have dinner it was about 12:30am...

• Like 1

Got a Surface Pro 4 512Mb a couple of days ago to replace the MacBook Pro I destroyed. I love it. I'd have liked to have gotten the 1Tb model, but it's almost a thousand dollars more expensive. Teh fuq?

How did the MBP get destroyed? What year/size? Do you still have it?

My Chugplug arrived yesterday which was pretty good, ordered around 3:30 Monday, marked as sent just minutes later. Got it testing now, fully charged MBP running off the Chugplug since 4pm, 2 lights on the power pack though that means it can be anywhere from 40-95%

Well, that's a bit disappointment.

Almost spot on 2 hours before it shut itself off. The plan was to just let it sit on an idle desktop but as it happened I needed to do some stuff so it was getting normalish use for about 1/4 the time.

I suppose given it's only a 4Ah pack I shouldn't expect too much and even the spiel from the manufacturer claims up to 4 hours extra life.

Though my machine does have an SSD which should give it a bit of an advantage.

Fell asleep with it in bed and it slipped onto the floor and cracked the screen. The battery was kaput, too. Put it in to be repaired and have a new battery put in and the guy repairing it manged to fuck it up even more than it already was. I still need to get it back off of him. Was going to go down tomorrow morning. I think it's a 2014 15" Retina Display with a 750Gb SSD.

Edited by disolusiond

Fell asleep with it in bed and it slipped onto the floor and cracked the screen. The battery was kaput, too. Put it in to be repaired and have a new battery put in and the guy repairing it manged to fuck it up even more than it already was. I still need to get it back off of him. Was going to go down tomorrow morning. I think it's a 2014 15" Retina Display with a 750Gb SSD.

Good thing the SSD on that is removable then!

Got my car serviced yesterday, they didn't find anything over above the scheduled servicing, so I thought I'd splash out on some official mats for my car, and hope I get quite a few years out of them.

C6Wbz5gUsAEM9o0.jpg

C6Wb2xlU0AIO5eM.jpg

Where you heels go is usually the first spot to go, even if they have the outer covering. The mats that clip in and stay in place would probably be less prone to that since you're less likely to need to adjust them by flicking around with your feet.

An Office 2013 licence for Pro Plus version, cheap from a UK dismantler.

Efforts at regaining the licence info on an install that inadvertantly got corrupted in various ways no good, just easier to spend the $8.46 (5 Quid), do the total remove procedure (which was a right pain) and start from scratch.

Where you heels go is usually the first spot to go, even if they have the outer covering. The mats that clip in and stay in place would probably be less prone to that since you're less likely to need to adjust them by flicking around with your feet.

When I first got the car, I intended to buy some substantial mats for it, and then when I got rid of my old car, I realised that I'd bought black mats for it (even though it was a grey interior) for $20 from kmart. so I've had those in the car for about 2 months. I bought these ones from the Nissan dealer, they cost about $112 for the set of 4, but they are very substantial, and I hope to get 5 years out of them.

In other (more up-market) vehicles I've driven recently, in addition to the hooks, they usually have strips or squares of the "velcro" in strategic places to stop the mats from moving at all.