Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

The next best thing to hooks or velcro I found has been the ones with dimples on the bottom.

For $112 I'd be hoping for more than 5 years - but from what I've found you wear out the driver's one before any of the others show much sign of wear, and given that many are padded or not symetrically shaped you often can't just swap it over with the left hand one.

nopers, they are custom shaped, and have the cushioned back, so you can't even flip em.

A Fuse Bluetooth speaker + MP3 player for $9.99 from BCF online.

This thing is going back, it's crap. Too quiet and crackly as hell. Since I've already got a similar BT speaker I can compare directly.

The MP3 player capability is what got me interested though it only takes microSD. But little point given the other crap attributes.

Bought a Kindle Voyage a couple of weeks ago before a work trip, as I needed a book in a hurry, and the kindle edition was the quickest delivery (after a purchase from officeworks)

I'm more a dead tree edition person generally, whether a novel, text book, or work documents... but they take up a lot of space and weight, especially when travelling. It's my second ereader after buying a hanlin about 7-8 years ago - that was picked because it was an open system - just load files (PDF, txt, epub etc) onto a SD card and plug it in), but the commercial content offerings were always limited, and while it could read several formats, the rendering was average, and the conversion processes seemed clunky. After a couple of trips, it was put away, and I went back to paper.

The kindle is smalller, lighter, and more polished interface. Wifi, browse, buy, read. I'm sure it will continue to be used for the travel scenario. It might just take over for some other cases too.

So, I thought I'd purchase a week's worth of NRL Live pass so I could stream the second half of the Raiders vs Cronulla game. The purchasing part was easy enough, credit card, create login id in a matter of maybe 2-3 minutes.

Then actually getting a stream - what a right clusterfuck - I go through the ridiculous multi-click process just to get to the game I want, then it buffers a non-existent stream and says the broadcast has ended.

It's pointless now, 10 minutes into the second half I just gave it up and cancelled the subscription. And that's after trying 3 browsers.

So-called simple process that doesn't even work, they can jam their streaming service. And they sure as fuck better not take my 3 bucks.

Seems a bunch of other people have been stooged as well. Multiple complaints of the stream becoming unavailable and reports of previous games with similar interruptions.

'Later Telstra fuckholes! Transferred the landline to TPG, should have done it 2 years ago but well.

Net result should be that my monthly bill is $20 less and no longer giving any money to those morons.

That'll teach you to get someone more qualified than the work experience kid to run your streaming services.

Never owned an atari of any description

No, me either because back in those days I sold Commodore and the game range was massive but the Ataris were nice machines, probably better made than the C-64, but the latter sold like hotcakes and I had an SX, beautifully made machine.

Cheers

To make Holdens from VR onwards, v6 and 8, talk to my computer.

Pretty sure they didn't go to OBD II until VZ. You can get the diag codes from VR-VX (I think that far along) by using a paperclip bridging specific pins then turn to On and the engine check light will flash representing digits of the codes. It was a common attribute for many ECU systems until standardization occurred (and by standard, a pretty loose adherence at that).

Be careful of cheap-arsed OBD plugin devices - bigclive did a review of a couple of shonky ones here...

As a follow on, just had this one pop up in the suggested views...

Interesting analysis and well done with the dummy ECU, though not real good audio quality which makes his annoying voice moreso.

As for hanging that thing off your port - probably no danger whatsoever. Not a single bit of comms taking place, all it'd be doing is leeching 50 mA or so off your 12V to run the microcontroller and flashing LEDs.

Interesting to see that you can get some head units (even with Android Auto/Apple Carplay) that have ODBII integration.

"Doof, Doof, Doof... Attention! OBD 2 reports MAF sensor malfunctioning. Shouldn't have bought that pod filter, hey?"

• Like 1

$14.99 from JB. The Angels, Wasted Sleepless Nights DVD.

The source material appears to be most/all 4:3 videotape but I guess you can't have everything. I'd have paid double if it was on Bluray and genuine 1080.

2014 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport in Wildfire Red, I just have 5 yrs to pay it off :(

2nd car was needed just happened 9 months earlier than planned on the plus side it gives Mrs Q some much needed freedom, she keeps the '94 telstar tx5.

Got me an ID-Kooling IS-50 low-profile HSF

id%20kooler_zpsxyhox5xt.jpg

Not a bad little unit, but you can feel the slight ridges where the heatpipes aren't milled flat with the rest of the block. The 'apply a grain of rice size TIM blob to the CPU and slap on the cooler' technique doesn't work, you have to use the 'spread a thin layer of TIM right across the heatspreader with a credit card' technique instead. Now sitting on top of my i3-4170 in my HTPC

Been looking to upgrade to an LGA1150 or 1151 for a little while on the second-hand market. Since I've got 24 Gig of HyperX 1866 DDR3 the preference was to hold back on a DDR4 based system so that doesn't go to waste.

Just picked up, MSI Z97 PC Mate motherboard, Core i7-4970 CPU (3.6-4.0 GHz). He had some Ram and case as well which was too good to pass up so also grabbed 2x8 of Kingston ValueRam DDR3-1600 and a Coolermaster case, I think it's a CM Storm Scout 2.

All up, $330.

I just bought this brand new Victory Octane with the stage 2 pipes and performance airbox.

7pYfrIO.jpg?2

• Like 3