Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Hmm.

Since I don't do audio much at the moment I'd kinda forgotten AKG but they've always made good kit.

Cheers

16 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

as a separate issue, bought me some new headphones (another impulse from ocau, but with my standard prior research)

today's item was a pair of AKG Q701 - quincy jones' edition

paired with the alo pan am tube amp i also got from ocau, i am now happily listening to ~ $1400 worth of equipment for a little over 1/4 new price... and it sounds really, really lovely  🎧

having got way more than my money's worth out of the audiotechnica ad700's which i have had since the start of 2010 (and still love), i was worried that this is the start of a new obsession... but then i realised it is just some more of a continuing one

maxresdefault.jpg

Every pair of headphones is "the last pair I need" 😉

the detail and sound stage are astounding; they are as neutral as the audiotechnicas but even more expansive in the reproduction

the bass is not "loud" but oh boy ! there are more notes and nuances in it than i ever heard before - the hifi itch has transformed my appreciation of bass every time i try some new gear

looks like i get to listen to my playlists again (and again)... only 7000+ songs to go

Just got an XFX Radeon 5700XT (replacing a Gigabyte GTX 1070 Mini OC), not bad so far, the Timespy benchmark gave me a welcoming BSOD towards the end of the initial demo run but all good since (touch wood).

Some people have put R9 290/390 H/S assemblies on the 5700 improving things somewhat so I might give that a go later in the week.

I got myself a Surface Go (LTE) and a Yamaha AG06 Mixing Console / USB Audio Interface (and some mics and all the various things to connect them together) have to sacrifice 15GB of the storage for an install of Cubasis AI 10

just for laughs, the AG06 also works with Mac, Android and iOS devices!

h5cG05P.jpg

Posted (edited)

Was lucky enough to get myself two bottles of this bad boy today! First batch Archie Rose Rye Malt whisky! One for me, one as a reward for my team for killing it already this quarter. Can't wait to get it in my hand and then promptly into a tumbler!

archie-rose.PNG.00683f1ea000bd953b715e4259a9f8ff.PNG

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.
  • Like 1

would like to read your critque @.:Cyb3rGlitch:. . Doesn't have to be a fancy one, just whether it tasted like shite or otherwise ... pity you didn't purchase three bottles, one to keep till you be too old to do much more than lift a tumbler 😉

Hey @.:Cyb3rGlitch:. it's Friday night and I'm sitting here having my scotch when I remembered your purchase ... how's the first batch going ? Hope you be enjoying a nip or three

15kg of French chocolate.  Let's see how long this lasts.

I can be bad at times and fill a breakfast sized bowl half up and eat it all in a night which I guess would be close to 150 grams.

So that'd make 100 days though just going on average would probably be double or a little more.

Posted (edited)

61X3l9yXB2L._SL1000_.jpg

a khadas tone board

in simple terms, a dac for geeks, featuring :

XMOS: XU208-128-QF48: 8 xCores, Core Share up to 500 MIPS

DAC: ES9038Q2M 32-Bit Stereo Mobile Audio DAC

Sampling Frequency: PCM: Up to 768KHz @ 32bit DSD: Up to DSD256 @ 1bit

Audio Formats: APE2/FLAC/OGG/WAV/ACC/ALAC/MP3/WMA

Line Out: 1x Red RCA for Right, 1 x White RCA for Left

Mounting Holes: Size M2 x 5

S/PDIF IN: Up to 192KHz

USB-C Port: Power Supply(5V/500mA) & USB 2.0 Data

Dimensions: 82.0 x 74.5 x 17.0 mm

Compatibility: Windows PC/ Linux PC/Mac OS/XRaspberry Pi

read more about it here https://www.khadas.com/tone-specs

i am so looking forward to trying this out as the next step from my xonar hdav  🙂

Edited by scruffy1
speeling erors
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 7:22 PM, eveln said:

Hey @.:Cyb3rGlitch:. it's Friday night and I'm sitting here having my scotch when I remembered your purchase ... how's the first batch going ? Hope you be enjoying a nip or three

Haven't opened it yet, was going to wait until my team were all together to try it out! Then if I don't like it I won't have two open bottles. 😛 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, .:Cyb3rGlitch:. said:

Haven't opened it yet, was going to wait until my team were all together to try it out! Then if I don't like it I won't have two open bottles. 😛 

Ahh good thinking McDuff !

4WD goodies galore over the last month.

2019 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in a stylish dark blue (and some nice features like 360 degree camera system and heated seats.... mmmm warm bum).

Recovery gear (straps, shackles, maxtrax, shovel, safety gear)

New compressor

120AH AGM battery, box, and Redarc DC-DC Charger

12V oven (because pies, pasties, sausage rolls etc when it's cold out camping are awesome)

Tools (because.... excuse to buy tools)

Cables, fuses, connectors etc, to wire up the second battery system, and fit my radio.

Coming weekends will need to be dry enough to get the cabling installed - Need to build a few mounting brackets, so that was an excuse to buy a small vice-mounted pan-brake folder - more tools!

Then (off) road trip!

On 8/17/2019 at 5:43 PM, Rybags said:

I can be bad at times and fill a breakfast sized bowl half up and eat it all in a night which I guess would be close to 150 grams.

So that'd make 100 days though just going on average would probably be double or a little more.

i'm confused.  half filled breakfast sized bowl of... chocolate?   rye malt whisky? 

100 days?  whuh?