Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

1 hour ago, Damo said:

The STOYA DESTROYER

coc_thu_dam_fleshlight_pirates_stoya_destroya__6.jpg

was the pendant for the wife ?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, scruffy1 said:

was the pendant for the wife ?

I may just make this entire purchase (that I didn't even purchase) into my new wife.

Hello, my name is Damo and I'm an objectophile. This fleshlight's name is Karen and we are in love.

2 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

What's that peanut looking thing on a chain?

(I've led a sheltered life)

It's going in your dot, LP.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Damo said:

It's going in your dot, LP.

What happened to the 2 foot string of beads?
A little thing like that isn't gonna get ya off!

1 minute ago, LogicprObe said:

What happened to the 2 foot string of beads?
A little thing like that isn't gonna get ya off!

That pics not to scale bro. It's the size of a mango, so it really depends how deep your cavern goes.. and I bet that shit runs deep son.

1 hour ago, Damo said:

This fleshlight's name is Karen and we are in love.

Uh oh.  Karen is upset, and is asking to lodge a complaint with the manager.

• Haha 1

What a nice surprise when I woke up from an edible haze this morning. Apparently I bought the Diezel VH4 pedal because I can't afford to drop 7k on a Diezel head.

That Adam Jonesey/Matt Bellamy tone is coming to an undersized home studio near you me!

vh4_3.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2019 at 5:49 PM, Damo said:

The STOYA DESTROYER

reminds me of my first and only purchase post right at the beginning of this thread.  alas, the links are dead, so i have recreated it. youre welcome.

z5R5uk9.jpg

shows how long ago 2011 was, in that a disposable film camera was still something that somebody somewhere might buy.  but then again, that image is of a current product.  ...who???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, @~thehung said:

reminds me of my first and only purchase post right at the beginning of this thread.  alas, the links are dead, so i have recreated it. youre welcome.

z5R5uk9.jpg

shows how long ago 2011 was, in that a disposable film camera was still something that somebody somewhere might buy.  but then again, that image is of a current product.  ...who???

OH! YEAH!!!

my new ear pads for the audiotechnica ad700's arrived today - given i've had 'em just under a decade and got 'em used back then, they have lasted well

it's only this afternoon that i note the bit you get to force into the flange groove are pleather - mine were so old that i thought they were velour like the rest of the pads

and man, those fuckers were a struggle to re-mount - haven't been so concerned the something was going to tear since i delivered my last baby (and in both cases everything remained intact, thankfully for all concerned)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

my new ear pads for the audiotechnica ad700's arrived today - given i've had 'em just under a decade and got 'em used back then, they have lasted well

it's only this afternoon that i note the bit you get to force into the flange groove are pleather - mine were so old that i thought they were velour like the rest of the pads

and man, those fuckers were a struggle to re-mount - haven't been so concerned the something was going to tear since i delivered my last baby (and in both cases everything remained intact, thankfully for all concerned)

When I bought my second pair of AKG-701s...........I ordered extra pads just in case but have never used them.

It seems my useage did not exceed my anticipation!

On 26/11/2019 at 10:18 PM, LogicprObe said:

When I bought my second pair of AKG-701s...........I ordered extra pads just in case but have never used them.

It seems my useage did not exceed my anticipation!

how old ?  i might make you an offer as my Q701s are a bit sad - but what i really want to know is how to replace the crap rubberised cords that are meant to keep the cups at whatever height you set

mine have the elasticity of .... (choose a metaphor)

Pixel3 for a partner, thanks to a few discount codes on ebay.
Coolermaster's take on the Takstar 82pro, the MH752, tho' I'm not happy that JB seem to be doing a bulk order and won't get them delivered until maybe by Christmas.
...I keep getting tempted by your talk of secondhand 700s, @scruffy1.  Maybe I'll get a pair of open cans one day.

Decided to try an octopus style small tripod for my phone, to play around with night sky shots a little better.

Figured it's time to try some phone mounts for my car, given new law changes, so hopefully one of the suction/screen and air-vent mounted ones works.

I sort of got some jaybee x2s I was given to sound not-trash, but in the process broke an ear fin, and lost a silicone tip in my ear (recovered, thankfully), but it spurred me to get a new set of fins, silicone tips, and memory foam tips, in s/m/l, to see if I have better luck with a different size.

44 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Pixel3 for a partner, thanks to a few discount codes on ebay.
Coolermaster's take on the Takstar 82pro, the MH752, tho' I'm not happy that JB seem to be doing a bulk order and won't get them delivered until maybe by Christmas.
...I keep getting tempted by your talk of secondhand 700s, @scruffy1.  Maybe I'll get a pair of open cans one day.

Decided to try an octopus style small tripod for my phone, to play around with night sky shots a little better.

Figured it's time to try some phone mounts for my car, given new law changes, so hopefully one of the suction/screen and air-vent mounted ones works.

I sort of got some jaybee x2s I was given to sound not-trash, but in the process broke an ear fin, and lost a silicone tip in my ear (recovered, thankfully), but it spurred me to get a new set of fins, silicone tips, and memory foam tips, in s/m/l, to see if I have better luck with a different size.

The foam Dekoni Bullets from drop.com are my favourite tips at the moment. 

Also, you can't beat open backs. So nice. Except in public.... 

Edited by fliptopia
  • Like 2

Had a bit of a play around listening to some TV dialogue, and a few styles of music. 

The MH752s have a nice sound that's warm but not bass heavy/muddy like the Razer.  It also made slipping on the DT660s (after wrapping a few elastic bands around them to hold them together (literally)) sound like a better transition.

Hero of the night has been https://www.pccasegear.com/products/24353

Also, I'm not super happy with this new keyboard, tho' I"m still getting used to it.  It's louder than I was expecting, and the space bar is activating with even less force than on my old Honeywell, and it littered stray spaces everywhere.

Given the amount of different keyboards available, you would think someone could come up with a good one!

(I'm getting one of those headphone hooks!)

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2019 at 10:39 AM, scruffy1 said:

how old ?  i might make you an offer as my Q701s are a bit sad - but what i really want to know is how to replace the crap rubberised cords that are meant to keep the cups at whatever height you set

mine have the elasticity of .... (choose a metaphor)

Haven't had any problem with those cords yet (now they'll stuff up tomorrow!)

After market pads! - https://www.amazon.com.au/Geekria-Earpads-Headphones-Replacement-Cushion/dp/B00XKL36V6

12 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

Haven't had any problem with those cords yet (now they'll stuff up tomorrow!)

After market pads! - https://www.amazon.com.au/Geekria-Earpads-Headphones-Replacement-Cushion/dp/B00XKL36V6

my q701's are possibly older than quincy jones

okay, not true... but the were manufactured in austria, so they aren't recent models

as for pads, adding pleather will change the sound signature quite a bit from my reading, and they sound awesome as they are; and i dislike sweaty leatherette ears

my "adjustment" plan (if i get keen) is to glue them at the appropriate length with something - i have some weird chinese stuff for model aeroplane receiver aerials that is removable, but a weird yellow (maybe it's melted down chinese ?) - will definitely clash with the candymint green cables, but i won't see it

• Like 1