Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

The cheap stuff at Lowes is usually pretty crap but the higher priced stuff is OK.

Finally found the Cougars quick dry polo shirts there earlier in the week - I'd bought one about 18 months ago and it's so good I've kept an eye out but forgot where I'd bought it.

They had them on clearance this week, couldn't find the exact one I wanted but got a couple of different styled ones at 20 bucks each.

I think they are... I don't iron the things anyway, part of the reason to wear them.

• Like 1

Looks similar to another shirt I have, materials wise. That one never needs ironing. I might keep an eye out. 

clothes that need ironing are really annoying

the sooner wrinkled hemp is universally trendy, the happier the ecosystem will be - really, wasting fossil fuels in flattening unruly fibres is crazy

as much as i like the feel of fine cotton (and silk), they are both madly resource intensive to produce

give me a field of good hemp and i can have high quality fibre plus medicinal raw materials as a secondary benefit - and plenty of other opportunities for use

I bought an $8 iron about 2-3 years ago.  Yesterday arvo used it for about the 4th time.

Well................looks like I'm off to Lowes at Shellharbour!

3 minutes ago, Rybags said:

I bought an $8 iron about 2-3 years ago.  Yesterday arvo used it for about the 4th time.

Special occasion so you ironed your undies?

30 years ago it was almost to that point.

But I fairly quickly deduced what needed it and what didn't.

2 hours ago, Rybags said:

I have an ironing board that I sporadically go over with the vacuum nozzle to remove the dust and possible small cob webs. I figure one day I will iron something again. Last time I used the iron was a good few years from the previous stint. I was mightily surprised that it worked without issue. it seems if you completely empty it after use and store it free-ish from life's grime it pays you back by working when you need it to 🙂

@scruffy1 I like the look of wrinkled cottons and linens, that's how I roll.and yep hemp is great and excellent winter stuff. ( well winter up here ) ... mind you we don't know the sort of people that really care if we're ironed, at least I don't think we do

7 hours ago, Rybags said:

haven't used an iron in over a decade; the ironing board left several years ago

there is an iron in storage here, because...  who knows, nostalgia ?  ...i have a transistor radio too

Fair dinks I thought I'd be the odd one out with lack of iron usage but seems it could be the norm around here.

I used to actually almost enjoy it decades ago and for a time worked it into my routine but it fairly quickly became another one of those dreaded chores.

I don't iron except for work stuff and funerals in general. So if I can cut out ironing shirts I don't iron much at all. Only as needed. But I do like a good iron to do it with. I like most things that make tedious tasks take less time. 

On 16/01/2020 at 4:29 PM, Rybags said:

Took them back without receipt and I'd bought them interstate but I'd joined their buyers club/whatever a couple of months before.

Bit of a long wait but couldn't get a refund but was offered replacement of equivalent or same product.  I didn't fancy going through the same thing again so picked a different shoe though it was $20 more but they just let it ride.

So, some good service there though questionable product.

What excuse did they give for not offering a refund?

I didn't find the receipt but had a purchase record.  And I think they had record on their club database.

They couldn't find the same shoe at the price I paid, normally it's more (laughs), I didn't bother getting the same thing as replacement as it's obviously a flawed design with the 2-coloured sole where the second casting just comes off.

If I'd had the proper receipt then I'd have gotten the refund so I suppose the end result is positive in a way.

• Like 1

Nice... but that corner unit will look like a nice climby structure for any kid under about 10 year old (and I suspect the weight limit would equate to about a 5 year-old)

50 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Nice... but that corner unit will look like a nice climby structure for any kid under about 10 year old (and I suspect the weight limit would equate to about a 5 year-old)

Those are oak shelves and a 35mm dowel for support. If I screwed it to the wall then I'd climb it. 

• Haha 1