Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

On 5/14/2020 at 11:25 PM, NightOwl said:

A big old house in the country. Yay !  City escape.

Congrats!

I ended up in a big old house in a satellite city.

But here's my birthday present!

95424084-9691-461e-946b-dbab03a1cd4e.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

Looks more like a thicknesser. I haven't tried one of them yet. 

Yeah.........my electric planing leaves a lot to be desired.

M key M.2 NVMe SSD to USB 3.1 adaptor box.

As usual, the local MSY listed it as not in stock so just grabbed on off eBay and about $17 less at that.

Seems it comes with a USB C to C cable, so picked up a USB 2.0 A to C cable from Officeworks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir_Substance said:

They've been in transit for around 4 weeks now though

Coronavirus measures are playing merry hell with shipping.  Got a book coming from the US in 6 weeks - 9 weeks ago.  Even locally: coffee delivery usually take 3 days to a week; 3 weeks so far.

Thank Ghu I'm not waiting for an organ or something.

8 hours ago, Cybes said:

Coronavirus measures are playing merry hell with shipping. 

Yeah, seem's that way. All I've been told is "Germany isn't doing planes any more, it's on a boat". I don't know why that would slow boats down, but there's not much I can do expect curse the postal system.

Looks like it's a road + offroad combo - bit of extra ground clearance and plenty of space under the front guard.

I get the feeling there might be some quick removable fairing elements there too?

Kawasaki KLR650, reputed to be the bike that's been around the world more times than any other. Starting small and going for a lap of Australia for three months next year. 

• Like 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

1 hour ago, Takoma said:

Kawasaki KLR650, reputed to be the bike that's been around the world more times than any other. Starting small and going for a lap of Australia for three months next year. 

It's a nice one.  Had it on my shortlist for a while.

34 minutes ago, .:Cyb3rGlitch:. said:

Bought myself a shiny new Macbook Pro 13" 10th gen. Bumped it to 32GB RAM for my Chrome tab addiction - now waiting for it to ship out!

With a similar addiction, I've found 32GB is great!  I only need to worry about free memory nowdays if I have more than 1 VM running at once

PPE for work - Because my employment will be terminated if I don't have it, and my employer is so fucking useless I'd have to wait 3 months to get it

20200522_232846.jpg

• Sad 1

I ducked into Harvey Norman the other day.  In their "bargain bin" which is near the checkout (usually with about a dozen compartments of same items) was a 3 ml container of hand saniizer for 5 bucks.

Yep.  5 fucking bucks!  But hey, it comes with a handy carabeena!

They also had Laser screen cleaner for 10 bucks.  You usually see that shit at the Reject Shop in a bubble pack with an imitation microfibre cloth for about half that price.

Most recently, these things:

Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear Wireless review | What Hi-Fi?

I delayed getting on the Bluetooth headphone bandwagon for a long time and stubbornly clung on to my 3.5mms, but after killing like my fifth pair of Momentum in-ears I decided that $299 would be cheaper in the long run.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

I think most places are now furiously churning out out hand sanitiser as though they're not three months too late. If anyone's having trouble finding it though Wattyl Paints is selling 1L bottles to refill any old pump pack for $20. 

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

Gloves: 40:95

Hand Sandi: 26:95 for the big one (500ml) and 3.95 for the small one (50ml)

Yeah, it's fucked, and I wont get paid back for this. But if I don't have it, I can't work - And I'm casual, so I'd be fucked

Oh, and I had to drive 90km (One way) to go get it, as my small town has none of this stuff *sigh*

Edited by Khirareq

Yeah, the hand sanitizer has come back to near sane prices for the most part but still plenty of toe-rags profiteering from it.

I got a litre for $20 but it's 62% and I'm fairly sure the recommendation is 70%

The nitrile gloves - they're pricey compared to the latex ones by default and doubt you'd get them much under a buck a pair in small quantities.

23 minutes ago, Khirareq said:

Gloves: 40:95

Hand Sandi: 26:95 for the big one (500ml) and 3.95 for the small one (50ml)

Yeah, it's fucked, and I wont get paid back for this. But if I don't have it, I can't work - And I'm casual, so I'd be fucked

Oh, and I had to drive 90km (One way) to go get it, as my small town has none of this stuff *sigh*

Better be claiming all of that come tax time.

11 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Yeah, the hand sanitizer has come back to near sane prices for the most part but still plenty of toe-rags profiteering from it.

I got a litre for $20 but it's 62% and I'm fairly sure the recommendation is 70%

The nitrile gloves - they're pricey compared to the latex ones by default and doubt you'd get them much under a buck a pair in small quantities.

Plus my job means the thin gloves don't last long - When we first returned to work I was having to make a pair of gloves last multiple days if I could - Was having to patch them up with insulation tape. I've had training in infectious disease and shit, and it's stressing me out how work doesn't seem to give a shit about the whole situation

• Sad 1

On 4/19/2020 at 5:47 PM, scruffy1 said:

jumped from a fully pimped i7 2600k (overclocked, natch) to a ryzen 3600 - after around 7 years of good use

I jumped to a Ryzen 7 3700X (/w Wraith Prism) and 32GB DDR4  as well. I've always preferred AMD over Intel 🙂

Also recently purchased some gear from BigW.

Two new egyptian cotton towels
Two pairs of Sheepskin boot slippers
Sunbeam 4 slice toaster, which does thick slices and long slices (Always wanted one).

😺

• Like 1