Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

I can't believe this day actually happened, I feel like some evil force compelled me.

But this

Personally I think it's a good call if you were after a very portable machine that you can comfortably work on.

That appears to be a HUGE lens for a compact.

I think it might be one of the 4/3rds camera's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Thirds_system

Think you are right :)

That appears to be a HUGE lens for a compact.

I think it might be one of the 4/3rds camera's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Thirds_system

Nope, it's a regular compact, Olympus XZ-1. Doesn't have interchangeable lenses or anything. It's doing the job rather nicely, however I know basically zero about photography. Here's a shot from where I put it on the tripod on my desk and took a ton of pics of my phone, getting to grips with what settings do what. Didn't even know my phone was dirty til the camera picked it up.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Posted Image

Phone cam to take that pic. Post a few from the beast itself once I sort through.

How much did that set you back?

Well, my Kukri DID arrive, only a week after ordering it from Nepal. I was surprised it made it into Aus at all, and how fast the delivery was.

Posted Image

Rosewood stand and handle, water-buffalo covered scabbard, certificate of authenticity all well wrapped in custom printed paper

Posted Image

Nepali script reading "Destroy all evil"

Posted Image

Personalised with name, and family coat of arms.

The overall finish is a little bit rough around the edges on the blade, as some machine marks are still visible in places...but its an authentic hand-made item, using the cold water ternpering method.

Edited by Antraman

Nice blade Antraman!

I've got one squirreled away that was gifted to my grandfather by one of the Gurkhas he served alongside in the Pacific. Blade's still as sharp as a fricken razor.

Had this DJ stand custom made and it's a solid build made out of pine, so much better than the DJ stands you can buy from a retailer and only cost me $50. I'm yet to treat the wood with a finish though.

Posted Image

Edited by Matt Ingle

Nice blade Antraman!

I've got one squirreled away that was gifted to my grandfather by one of the Gurkhas he served alongside in the Pacific. Blade's still as sharp as a fricken razor.

Awesome mate, that's probably an antique by now, and quite valuable.

Nice blade Antraman!

Yeah, it's a nice piece...do you collect them?

I've no intention of selling or parting with my grandfather's but I'm not sure what the hell will happen to it...we're not having kids (my partner and I...not me and my grandpa!) and I don't think there's anyone on her side of the family that'd appreciate it.

Nice blade Antraman!

I've no intention of selling or parting with my grandfather's but I'm not sure what the hell will happen to it...we're not having kids (my partner and I...not me and my grandpa!) and I don't think there's anyone on her side of the family that'd appreciate it.

Actually I am a bit of an amateur collector and appreciator of blades. There's an International Kukuri Research and Historical Society dedicated to them, you might find some interesting info there.

[roller rocker image]

another set of roller rockers

[wheel & boss image]

Same wheel and boss kit.

what they going in mate?

Going in this.

Posted Image

silly customs has had the package in holding for the last 28 hours. I would like to put iti n the car.

And yes i meant moist.

sweet as man!

Nice blade Antraman!

Actually I am a bit of an amateur collector and appreciator of blades. There's an International Kukuri Research and Historical Society dedicated to them, you might find some interesting info there.

Very interesting, and out of interest, how much did the new kukuri set you back?

Posted Image

just had to have it :D

Trip 7 yeah?

Any reason for the Emirates?

Yeah 300ER.. just thought it was time to upgrade from the A320/21...

Emirates? Yeah love the colours! ; )

Edited by Vanne

Warning, crappy pictures were taken via my crappy nokia 6120c phone...

AMD's bulldozer is taking too long, so i caved and bought a Intel Sandybridge i5 2500K on special for $200, now im waiting on stock of a particular SB board to go with it..... waiting sucks!

Ill proably end up giving it to my bro in a few months time when Bulldozer cpus on FM2 come out.. hehe :D

Posted Image

OCZ 60gb vertex2 SSD is now my new OS drive, wanted to see what all the fuss was about, picked it up for $99 on special @ PCCG (i honestly cant see what all the fuss is about, i feel jipped!, its not any faster in day to day use as the WD mechanial drive it replaced....)

Posted Image

OCZ 60gb vertex2 SSD is now my new OS drive, wanted to see what all the fuss was about, picked it up for $99 on special @ PCCG (i honestly cant see what all the fuss is about, i feel jipped!, its not any faster in day to day use as the WD mechanial drive it replaced....)

your wd mechanical drive must be raid 0 10,000rpm, or you have a hypertheaded i11 already

i recently acquired a vertex 2 120gb for my os and main progs drive, and everything opens like it was already there, unlike the previous wd black drive

what's not to like ?

your wd mechanical drive must be raid 0 10,000rpm, or you have a hypertheaded i11 already

i recently acquired a vertex 2 120gb for my os and main progs drive, and everything opens like it was already there, unlike the previous wd black drive

what's not to like ?

the amount of space for the cost? for $99 i could buy a 2TB drive? instead i got a poor 60gig...

it could be that windows prefetch/superfetch is doing its job properly on my system (3.8/4gb ram usage with only firefox open on the desktop), or another possibility is: it might not be running optimized maybe, i cloned across my C:\ partition to it as i cbf'd getting a new dvd drive to install a fresh copy of windows so i probably need to check to see if the partition is correctly aligned. It gives crazy benchmarks scores though so i don't think its misaligned.

I got my vertex 3 a little while ago and its fantastic coming from my 1tb black I was using.

i cloned across my C:\ partition to it as i cbf'd getting a new dvd drive to install a fresh copy of windows

Install from a USB thumbdrive, fuck optical install media.

what's not to like ?

the amount of space for the cost? for $99 i could buy a 2TB drive? instead i got a poor 60gig...

it could be that windows prefetch/superfetch is doing its job properly on my system (3.8/4gb ram usage with only firefox open on the desktop), or another possibility is: it might not be running optimized maybe, i cloned across my C:\ partition to it as i cbf'd getting a new dvd drive to install a fresh copy of windows so i probably need to check to see if the partition is correctly aligned. It gives crazy benchmarks scores though so i don't think its misaligned.

"i bought a porsche but i cbf buying new tyres so i put on the ones from my trabi..."

really

fresh install or you're joking trying a comparison

"i bought a porsche but i cbf buying new tyres so i put on the ones from my trabi..."

really

fresh install or you're joking trying a comparison

Really think so?

All my settings and user files are redirected to my seagate 1tb Drive, excluding all $temp/$cache folders (which get manually cleaned out every week), only thing on C:\ is windows and 8gb worth of programs sitting in the c:\program files (x86)\.

The registry is clean as a whistle also (this install is about 6months~ old give or take abit), so whats the point in fresh install when you have no crud/orphaned files on the disk?