Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Well, yesterday, the heatsink I ordered some time ago turned up, and today I wandered into Jaycar, and didn't get much change out of $300.

In amongst the list:

• Die-cast aluminium enclosure
  • 2×3mm tap
  • Sheet aluminium
  • M3 screws, 5mm and 10mm long
  • UV-sensitive PCB material
  • Developer and stripper for PCB material
  • Crimpers
  • BNC and SMA dies for crimpers

Also bought elsewhere was a 2.5mm drill bit.

A lot of this is going into this project.

Nice one, Juggs. Nothing quite like a drop of cognac now and then. :)

Nice one, Juggs. Nothing quite like a drop of cognac now and then. :)

I've got the Courvoisier VSOP opened for the odd drop. This one (and hopefully at least one more (excluding the one destined for my bar)) has a very special purpose indeed.

Edited by Juggs

"i bought a porsche but i cbf buying new tyres so i put on the ones from my trabi..."

really

fresh install or you're joking trying a comparison

Really think so?

All my settings and user files are redirected to my seagate 1tb Drive, excluding all $temp/$cache folders (which get manually cleaned out every week), only thing on C:\ is windows and 8gb worth of programs sitting in the c:\program files (x86)\.

The registry is clean as a whistle also (this install is about 6months~ old give or take abit), so whats the point in fresh install when you have no crud/orphaned files on the disk?

There is partition alignment and TRIM to worry about with an SSD.

You need a fresh install, otherwise it might be close to useless.

Rob.

Picked myself up a AMD 1100T, from PCCG this arvo.

Posted Image

Coming from a AM2+ Phenom II 940, it's a decent step up.

Popped down the road after that to the the EB games at Morrabin DFO; found a 2nd hand copy of House of the Dead Overkill Collector's Edition for $25, including the hand cannons. Made it mine then and there.

It was part of a buy one get one free deal - so I picked up the Wii version of No More Heroes, to complete my collection (already own the NTSC-JP Xbox 360 & NTSC-JP PS3 ports.)

Edited by Dread Emperor

Well my tax return just bought me a MD230X3

Posted Image

but now I've had to buy a Mini Display Port to Display Port Converter as my cards don't have a normal port (which is needed to run all three screans on an ATI card).

Posted Image

Edited by nexus51

Posted Image

but now I've had to buy a Mini Display Port to Display Port Converter as my cards don't have a normal port (which is needed to run all three screans on an ATI card).

Is very jealous.

How do I post iRacing DLC?

Posted Image

Is very jealous.

yeah I'd be interested in that review too. I'm currently running triple screens, 19" Left 24" center 19" right. I want all same size and in eyefinity soon, so would be v.interesting reading for me.

Posted Image

Is very jealous.

Yeah one of the guys at work told me that should I hear someone breaking into my house tonight, that it's just him coming to steal it :P

A Polar fleece, Gore-Tex Performance Jacket and a Good daypack + Nikon 18-55VR and 55-200 lenses.

Replacements for gear stolen last week (the lenses stolen were better than these)

http://marmot.com/sites/marmot.com/files/i.../30010_6580.jpg

http://marmot.com/sites/marmot.com/files/i.../25630_2249.jpg

http://www.nikonperu.com/components/com_vi...c33_100x100.jpg + http://www.nikonperu.com/components/com_vi...95e_100x100.jpg

OCZ 60gb vertex2 SSD is now my new OS drive, wanted to see what all the fuss was about, picked it up for $99 on special @ PCCG (i honestly cant see what all the fuss is about, i feel jipped!, its not any faster in day to day use as the WD mechanial drive it replaced....)

your wd mechanical drive must be raid 0 10,000rpm, or you have a hypertheaded i11 already

i recently acquired a vertex 2 120gb for my os and main progs drive, and everything opens like it was already there, unlike the previous wd black drive

what's not to like ?

I use two ancient wd 10krpm raptors in raid0 for OS, the main reason I haven't switched to SSD yet.

I'm looking tastily at a patriot wildfire though, but CBF spending the $$$

Somebody holding Passion Pop that's not a 13 year old girl?!

Daaaaamn, son!

Fredz... you make me want to beat you sometimes mate :P

May i suggest one of the following

Posted Image

Nothing like a good bludgeoning

My personal recommendation is mixed berry