Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Posted Image

Not my one but yeah a case of that.

OOOOHHH YEAH !!!

Where from...?

Thirsty camel I got it from and as HC said more cause of the label and I cant get the duff song out of my head :p

Beer tastes average though.

Thirsty camel I got it from and as HC said more cause of the label and I cant get the duff song out of my head :p

Beer tastes average though.

I sort-of expected it to taste average

my mate has a full case of duff cans under his bed , The ones that were made here in aus (NT) until the company was taken to court and shutdown.

2 or 3 years ago 1 empty slightly scratched and ding'd can sold for $500

he calls it his retirement carton

i might get him one of these ...spin him out a bit

Posted Image

Not my one but yeah a case of that.

Yeah its horrible but what did you expect? I'd prefer to drink VB for the rest of my life then drink that again.

Posted Image

There's some paving, landscaping, painting, flooring and furnishing to go. 3-6 more weeks. Sure, it isn't exactly a new purchase so much as an almost completed purchase but... yeah. I'm happy about it.

It's nice I suppose, I just don't get the McMansion.

Looks nice to me, you reckon it's too pretentious? Every man and his dog goes for this style these days.

Hence I'm a cat lover

Mind you, if it was within my budget I'd live there

Edited by Squidy

It's nice I suppose, I just don't get the McMansion.

Looks nice to me, you reckon it's too pretentious? Every man and his dog goes for this style these days.

I'm not having a go, the McMansion style is to use as much space as possible for the domicile, what ever happened to the garden?

Posted Image

That look freaking awesome. I only have the extended version that is non blu ray. Got all 3 when it was first released in a box together.

Does it have more deleted scenes /special features in it?

I'm not actually sure. The movies are on two BD-50s each, with three DVDs of extras for each. The first theatrical Rings blus had zero/very few special features. I think the extended DVDs have the same extras, but there may be a few more they've dug up.

Just found this in a review:

The extras here are identical to the DVD EEs but with the addition of the behind-the-scenes Costa Botes documentaries for each film. They are a nice addition but like all the extras, they come on DVDs and are not in hi-def and don’t have the same quality as the films. In other words, they are duplicate content, in a new box.

It's what I expected. I know the behind the scenes stuff wasn't shot in HD which is why it's just DVD. I do remember reading an interview ages ago with Jackson, about how they'd need to rescan millions of feet of film in order to make a blu-ray transfer. I can't remember if he was talking about the extended movies themselves, or just the extras. These extended blus are from a new transfer though, as there were a lot of complaints about the quality of the theatrical release. Whatever, I don't know the specifics. I just need to find the time to watch these...

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

I'm not having a go, the McMansion style is to use as much space as possible for the domicile, what ever happened to the garden?

Too much maintenance involved. :P

the lack of gardening releases spare time to earn enough to pay for the extra heating and cooling such a set-up demands - moves are afoot to penalise such designs for their lack of ecological sustainability

personally i like eaves, trees, and a little separation from the neighbours, noting that i live in a very high density area, but where most of the housing is detached and usually over half a century old

in any event, congrats on having your own hose - it's a neat feeling, and you won't believe how many "treasures" you'll accumulate especially having a garage

our car lives in the street, and my motorbike on the front porch - wish i had a shed, but at least my study has lots of built in robes (full of hardware) and a nice northerly view

Hmm, the defintion of McMansion seems to have changed since last I checked in. It used to mean overly large building, out of place in it's street, with rediculous trimmings to try and make it look fancy. My place is basically a simply designed rectangle, no trimmings, matches exactly with the houses around it. I suppose McMansion has just come to mean "3 or 4 bedrooms on a small block".

I'm not actually sure. The movies are on two BD-50s each, with three DVDs of extras for each. The first theatrical Rings blus had zero/very few special features. I think the extended DVDs have the same extras, but there may be a few more they've dug up.

Just found this in a review:

The extras here are identical to the DVD EEs but with the addition of the behind-the-scenes Costa Botes documentaries for each film. They are a nice addition but like all the extras, they come on DVDs and are not in hi-def and don’t have the same quality as the films. In other words, they are duplicate content, in a new box.

It's what I expected. I know the behind the scenes stuff wasn't shot in HD which is why it's just DVD. I do remember reading an interview ages ago with Jackson, about how they'd need to rescan millions of feet of film in order to make a blu-ray transfer. I can't remember if he was talking about the extended movies themselves, or just the extras. These extended blus are from a new transfer though, as there were a lot of complaints about the quality of the theatrical release. Whatever, I don't know the specifics. I just need to find the time to watch these...

Oh well still sounds like a hobbit orgy to watch and relive those awesome LOTR moments again.

Hmm, the defintion of McMansion seems to have changed since last I checked in. It used to mean overly large building, out of place in it's street, with rediculous trimmings to try and make it look fancy. My place is basically a simply designed rectangle, no trimmings, matches exactly with the houses around it. I suppose McMansion has just come to mean "3 or 4 bedrooms on a small block".

To me McMansion meant large looks-expensive but no-terribly-well-built cookie-cutter houses.

Nothing in that picture indicates that to me, in fact it looks like the beginning of a nice home.

Just out of curiosity, is it too personal a question to ask about the square footage (or meterage?) of the home?

Rob.

Edited by robzy

Posted Image

A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More & The Magnificent Seven on BD, three for $40.

Awesome.

Nice, I've been wanting to get Dollars trilogy for ages, I'll have to look out for them now. I don't think I was much of a fan of the Seven though.

And I'm vaguely aware there are multiple transfers around depending on region, some of which look shit. I should research this...

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

McMansion is a large house on a small block similar to those around it.

Well that what it means to me...