Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Cold Steel "Skean Dhu" covert tactical combat knife, in a non-metallic, fibreglass-reinforced plastic. Can be worn in a tie, under a watchband, or inside a belt at the flat of the back...

Posted Image

Please don't tell me you wanna be this guy.

Posted Image

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Cold Steel "Skean Dhu" covert tactical combat knife, in a non-metallic, fibreglass-reinforced plastic. Can be worn in a tie, under a watchband, or inside a belt at the flat of the back...

What are you afraid of?

a police search

i bet that's barely legal

I'm preparing for the zombie apocalypse. I suggest you all do too.

Those zombies with metal detectors can be real uptight douchebags.

Posted Image

Plastic blade? Sounds really light. If it was steel, it looks like it would be very throwable.

What are you afraid of?

a police search

i bet that's barely legal

No, they are not illegal (yet), and I am a licensed collector, so that point is moot. Besides, in my line of work, security and close personal protection, I have to be familiar with stuff like this that people can carry, so what better way to learn about them than to get one myself and play around with it.

Plastic blade? Sounds really light. If it was steel, it looks like it would be very throwable.

Yes, the FGX series of fibreglass-reinforced blades ARE really light...almost weightless, and extremely tough...almost as tough as aluminium. Also, Cold Steel does make a steel version of this design.

Edited by Antraman

No, they are not illegal (yet), and I am a licensed collector, so that point is moot. Besides, in my line of work, security and close personal protection, I have to be familiar with stuff like this that people can carry, so what better way to learn about them than to get one myself and play around with it.

interesting point (see what i did there ?)

even as a licenced collector i would presume that carrying it concealed is actually a criminal offence ?

I have to be familiar with stuff like this that people can carry, so what better way to learn about them than to get one myself and play around with it.

I'm not arguing against your right to own it, but this particular point just sounds silly :P

What things, relevant to your job, did you learn about it by playing around with it? :P

Rob.

interesting point (see what i did there ?)

even as a licenced collector i would presume that carrying it concealed is actually a criminal offence ?

All you need is to provide a reason which satisfies the police. The law regarding carry of knives does contain somewhat grey areas, necessarily so, as it provides the police some measure of discretion when judging a person.

I have to be familiar with stuff like this that people can carry, so what better way to learn about them than to get one myself and play around with it.

I'm not arguing against your right to own it, but this particular point just sounds silly :P

What things, relevant to your job, did you learn about it by playing around with it? :P

Rob.

What to look out for, how easy they are to conceal, and how and where to body search for them.

Edited by Antraman

What to look out for, how easy they are to conceal, and how and where to body search for them.

Why did you need to play with one to figure this out, though?

What did you learn that you couldn't ascertain by simply looking, reading, and thinking about them?

Rob.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

What did you learn that you couldn't ascertain by simply looking, reading, and thinking about them?

Rob.

How it feels to thrust it into a man's soft belly and feel the gushing wamth of his intestines spilling out into the cold night air.

Rob.

You're being a dick, now...right?

Antraman you should make a separate discussion thread for your knives; you've had quite a few interesting questions about them :)

For the record I don't think robzy was being a dick, I can see his point. It's similar to not needing the actual parts for something when you have accurate specifications.

Antraman you should make a separate discussion thread for your knives; you've had quite a few interesting questions about them :)

For the record I don't think robzy was being a dick, I can see his point. It's similar to not needing the actual parts for something when you have accurate specifications.

but fondling a replica in corrogated cardboard doesn't give one a boner

I don't really have any desire to discuss or make justifications for what I do to anyone in a separate thread. I teach knife defense as part of my martial arts training and I am happy to answer questions to anyone who wants to join in and learn.

In answer to your comment about Robzy's point, no...you don't know much about them until you hold one in your hand, try hiding it in your tie or in your belt...or try cutting the back of your wrist with it to see how effective it really is.

If I went up to you as my security supervisor and said, "mate we got a problem, this guy here has one of them plastic knives" you would look at me and laugh in my face, but when I showed one to you, you would be surprised, realise the danger and act on it appropriately.

This is not rocket surgery...

Rob.

You're being a dick, now...right?

Trying my hardest not to be. As I mentioned, I'm not arguing against your right to own it. It's not illegal, your a licensed collector, and better your hands than a criminal.

Rob.

picked up a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 at msy to go with my i5-2500k

Posted Image

already have buyers remorse, should of waited for stock of the Asus Z68-V Pro... :(

Just bought these two sets of strings for my Jazz bass. I'm sick of the dead-as-doornails strings it came with, really holding back the sound. They're probably the strings it came out of the factory with.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rotosound Swings because a ton of people I listen to use/d them, from Jaco to Geddy. But the Sunbeams are the ones I think I'll like most, as I prefer the mellower tone of nickel.

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

...your a licensed collector...

/slap

*licenced

Rob.

/noogie as well