Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

I hope everyone is saying 'garage' how the English say it.

I've taken to saying gay-rahj because that's how someone said it on some show I watched and it cracked me up.

I just won (read: was willing to pay more than everyone else) this 64GB iPod Touch for $367. About an $80 saving over most shops. Needed a new one because my older 32GB 3rd gen's headphone port has worn out and requires constant pressure to get any sound through. Plus I wanted a bigger one.

Posted Image

I'm tossing up a lot of potential purchases as well. The other games I have not yet preordered (BF3 limited, Arkham City, Space Marine, Red Orchestra 2 maybe). A quick kick in the ass for my old PC before I get around to building a whole new system to play these games (GTX580, SSD, CPU cooler).

I'm tossing up a lot of potential purchases as well. The other games I have not yet preordered (BF3 limited, Arkham City, Space Marine, Red Orchestra 2 maybe). A quick kick in the ass for my old PC before I get around to building a whole new system to play these games (GTX580, SSD, CPU cooler).

You know where to look:

www.pccasegear.com

You know where to look:

www.pccasegear.com

Nah, their shipping is intense. I'm probably going to get a couple things from there, like PSU and maybe mobo, because local stores have bugger all in stock lately. But even just PSU and mobo is $41 shipping. Other items can be had cheaper locally, or are exactly the same price. Case is my absolute main issue, and always has been. No one stocks anything good, but I'm not paying $100+ for PCCG to ship me one.

I just hate being paid fortnightly, and never knowing exactly how many hours I've worked. So I can never expect a stable amount of cash coming in. Anyway, I'm going to sleep before I buy things when not concentrating (the bass strings I bought the other night are short scale and will not fit on my bass)

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

Goods Ordered (prices in GBP)

£39.99 x 1 - Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....d=8&subcat=

gotta start saving my pennies now to get ahead on the payments for the car !!

By Order of the (herumph) Management (She who must be obeyed)

Dewalt DCF-610 impact/screw driver:

Posted Image

Should make my life just that little bit easier at work...

Dewalt DCF-610 impact/screw driver:

Posted Image

Should make my life just that little bit easier at work...

Supposed to be good gear Cae.

Nice buy.

Not sure if I would use an impact driver to open a server case though, :-).

Heh, i'm doing general comms work at the moment... TV/Data services in a minesite... so yeah.

We've got one of the above already on site, but it's only on loan from another subby of mine.. Figure it's time to buy my own :)

Posted Image

Pacdon Park pork pie, sausages, black pudding and Riverland garlic & red wine Danish salami. Damn you, The Fuzz!

(That pork pie was the tits, too. De-fuckin-lish).

Posted Image

Pacdon Park pork pie, sausages, black pudding and Riverland garlic & red wine Danish salami. Damn you, The Fuzz!

(That pork pie was the tits, too. De-fuckin-lish).

A very Ramadan breakfast.

I bought a new suit today will look amazing.

2.5k later :)

If you don't mind me asking, I ask as someone who would love a suit along those lines, how did you justify that?

And how are you planning to sort out shirts and ties that will do the suit justice? :P

Rob.

Posted Image

Time to get my rubber guard on!

i also should clean my desk, they are sititng on top of about 1cm think of random papers and other older books!

Edited by Bundy

Jesus. I can easily see how someone 'could' spend that much money on a suit, but what sort of events do you attend that will justify it?

Hope you've finished growing / don't put on any weight :/

Jesus. I can easily see how someone 'could' spend that much money on a suit, but what sort of events do you attend that will justify it?

Always feel good in a nice suit!

Posted Image

The picture is excellent, and the internet-connected applets and opportunities are interesting.

Samsung really needs to release a QWERTY keyboard to make these 'smart' TVs live up to their potential as lounge room internet browsers.

Samsung do have a qwerty keyboard in their remotes for the high end series 7 and 8 panels, what model did you get ?

I got a 55" Series 6 a few months ago.

Posted Image

Samsung do have a qwerty keyboard in their remotes for the high end series 7 and 8 panels, what model did you get ?

I got a 55" Series 6 a few months ago.

Posted Image

Wow, they look so 80s! Would be so useful though, fuck typing by moving a selector around.

I bought a bunch of nice clothes... then lost 50kg. Gave them all the my brother, who gained about 50kg.

Edited by Harmonic Cacophony

If you don't mind me asking, I ask as someone who would love a suit along those lines, how did you justify that?

And how are you planning to sort out shirts and ties that will do the suit justice? :P

Rob.

I just wanted a new suit. :P

Me and my girlfriend were out and about in Brisbane today and came across a nice store we hadn't been into before. Walked in and with in 5 seconds the guy had sized me up told me that 5 suits ready for me to try on all I can say is that it was the best fitting I've ever had he was professional bossed me around and knew his shit.

I currently have quiet a large wardrobe for a 21 year old I'm very much covered for the shirts and no one does ties anymore unless they are a skinny. This will be no 3 of my suits currently have a Giorgio Armani and a herringbone both of which are now wonderful suits.

I've been tempted a few times to create a Atomic fashion thread here but Im not sure how well it would go down.

btw the suit it self wasn't 2.5k it was $1600 but I bought a beautiful pair of Lavin cufflinks and 2 shirts along with it plus the alterations that are going to be involved. :)

Events wise I dont really go to anything special I just like to look the best at any occasion but I figured it would be nice now that I've been pulled across to a new MUCH larger company that I should make a good impression compared to the rest of the neck beards that I seem to see.

but I dont think I will be growing anymore and I doubt I will be putting on any weight in a while!

Edited by mudg3

The picture is excellent, and the internet-connected applets and opportunities are interesting.

Samsung really needs to release a QWERTY keyboard to make these 'smart' TVs live up to their potential as lounge room internet browsers.

the sony bravia 46" we have has the same degree of connectedness

if it would just stream from the server my life would be more simple.... in fact, it probably will if i work on it (but i cbf presently)

still blows me away that watching tv with sound on 46" uses less power than the dell24" (2407wfp) i use for the net 0_o