Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

I got a 55 inch 7000 series, but the remote it came with has no QWERTY. (In fact, I think the shop assistant said only the 8000 series has the QWERTY keyboard.)

There's an Andoid app that lets me use my tablet touchscreen as a keyboard, but I really want something like my full Microsoft HTPC keyboard, to make it a non-aggravating browsing experience.

I got a 55 inch 7000 series, but the remote it came with has no QWERTY. (In fact, I think the shop assistant said only the 8000 series has the QWERTY keyboard.)

There's an Andoid app that lets me use my tablet touchscreen as a keyboard, but I really want something like my full Microsoft HTPC keyboard, to make it a non-aggravating browsing experience.

easier to have the htpc and a wireless keyboard throwing it to the tele via hdmi

yep, a total overkill of processing (and consequently wattage) power, but awesome goodness of vimeo / youtube / etc and the opportunity to bookmark :)

I bought a bunch of nice clothes... then lost 50kg. Gave them all the my brother, who gained about 50kg.

So that's the secret to weight loss....

http://www.samsung.com/au/tv/accessories.html

"Compatible with LED TV D6600, D7000, D8000 and Plasma D8000. QWERTY keyboard remote included with LED TV D8000 and Plasma TV D8000."

You have to buy it separately.

Probably not what you're after though.

Thanks for that. At only $99 it may be worth it may just be worth it for the convenience factor until a real keyboard comes along (I hope!)

I don't get the whole "internet TV!!!" hype. They're certainly sucking a few people in.

I've had my media centre plugged into my Samsung TV for 6 years....QWERTY keyboard and everything!

My HTPC is the hub of the house. I can do everything on it. Infact, I'm sitting on the couch, typing this post on my full size keyboard.

I can watch and record many channels simultaneously, browse the web, do my banking, listen to music, blah blah blah.

And when I'm working from home, a 52" screen is the perfect size for knocking up Visio diagrams on.

Edited by twinair

Thanks for that. At only $99 it may be worth it may just be worth it for the convenience factor until a real keyboard comes along (I hope!)

You can get genuine ones on Ebay for about half that if you're not in a hurry. Or locally put postally for ~$80ish (hmyah or hmyah). Ya know, just so's you know.

I don't get the whole "internet TV!!!" hype. They're certainly sucking a few people in.

Definitely. But I think it's because sales people are overly enthusiastic about it and people have trouble understanding what it means. On normal computer related call-outs I've had a few customers want me to set up their new TV to do all the things they think it can do related to Internet TV, almost all of which are just not available (like the TV being able to record or stream programs to a computer on the network, or get Hulu-esque TV services).

Leg pouch for Nerf wars

Posted Image

And now for something from my dark life

Scale mail tail.

Hanging:

Posted Image

Action shot

Posted Image

Tail weighs about 1.6 KG and is made with an inner of stainless steel rings and and outer layer of aluminum scales.

Cost about US$170 and US$36 in shipping.

People watch me as I move past.

More retro goodness to add to my collection ^_^.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm particularly pleased with the TRON handheld game. It's got super geek appeal as well as combining several awesome mini-games in the one plastic shell (light cycles, disc etc)

I already have the whole HTPC setup. I bought this TV principally because it had the best picture.

I actually asked if they had the same TV without the unnecessary 3D and internet bits. But no, you buy the whole enchilada or no enchilada at all.

Now that I have it I can see I might use it to browse or Google Chat from my lounge ... if a decent keyboard ever gets released.

Edited by Virtuoso

I already have the whole HTPC setup. I bought this TV principally because it had the best picture.

'Samsung' is a funny way to spell 'Panasonic'...or Pioneer

Posted Image

Showed up in the mail on Friday, great stuff.

Posted Image

Also showed up last week. It's still sitting here in a box, I haven't got around to plugging it in yet.

Posted Image

Likewise showed up a week or two ago. Excellent sound in games, hopeless for music or movies. So they do exactly what I want them for!

Edited by elfinke

Put the Samsung 7000s and 8000s next to a Pana ... and the picture quality on the Samsung will still win out.

Put the Samsung 7000s and 8000s next to a Pana ... and the picture quality on the Samsung will still win out.

No.

Got myself a shiny new understated looking Filco Majestouch Ninja mechanical keyboard with brown cherry switches and a red esc keycap.

I like how you can feel the subtle actuation point with only part way travel - although the clicky sounds when bottoming out are nice too.

Posted Image

opinions are just opinions

personally the bravia made every other tv i looked at seem inferior

i went to 5 different dealers before i concluded that i always gravitated to the sony without actually reading the labels, just because the picture quality drew me across floors to stand in front

and i still love it

like the o.p. noted, it's got internet and 3d, and i have never used the 3d, and rarely go internet without the htpc as the intermediary; but no other screen offered the same styling with equal picture

KB looks like a rebadged Das Keyboard. Well... Almost. I don't recall seeing a DK with those side-mounted labels.

No.

Virt is correct. Samsung panels are the best on the market at the moment. I have some experience with TV's and associated hardware.

The Das Keyboards appear to have external housings that take up more space - although they have usb hubs built in.