Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

i finally picked up the Logitech G510 i posted a few pages back...so far its great but tpying on its kinda wird due to the heaps of g keys.

I posted my razer black widow a few pages back, it's a pretty awesome board, once I went mechanical, never going back!

BTW that board is cooler than mine, well visually at least! I've never typed on one,

I posted my razer black widow a few pages back, it's a pretty awesome board, once I went mechanical, never going back!

BTW that board is cooler than mine, well visually at least! I've never typed on one,

The Razer Blackwidows use cherry blue switches which require ever so slightly more force than the browns apparently and also have a definite click sound due to a shroud section attached to each key.

I'd think the Blackwidows would be just as much fun to use though.

The Filco is my first mechanical keyboard and although the tenkeyless version looks even tastier, I find numpads are too nice to lose and couldn't go with the possibility of missing those keys for the occasional demanding game.

Here are some links on the switch diffs if anyone is interested:

Overclock's mech keyboard guide

Geekhack's mech keyboard guide

Edited by RSB

That link says the blues are the best for typing, well I haven't tested any others, but this one is awesome so far

You guys with your mechanicals, what is the noise actually like for speedy typing? IE, will it wake up people in your house, or what? I love my old keyboard, but it will die someday. These high quality mechanicals seem good, but I've never used one. Only mechanical I've ever used was on my old commodore.

I'm going to see if there's youtube videos for these boards...

You guys with your mechanicals, what is the noise actually like for speedy typing? IE, will it wake up people in your house, or what? I love my old keyboard, but it will die someday. These high quality mechanicals seem good, but I've never used one. Only mechanical I've ever used was on my old commodore.

I'm going to see if there's youtube videos for these boards...

Here you go HC.

Here you go HC.

I actually just watched this video:

And will watch yours now.

I'm happy with the noise level of everything except the Blues. Though apparently they're the best for typing according to Morgoth? I'm not sure if that opinion would match my own; most people seem to have different ideas about what good typing is. Then they try my keyboard for five seconds and fall in love. And my keyboard, when typing full speed, is probably louder than all but the Blues in the video I posted. This is just a regular membrane type and feels slightly spongy as you'd expect when typing slowly, maybe a bit punchier. At full speed though, where it feels much better for typing, it is loud and rattly.

And now for something from my dark life

Scale mail tail.

Action shot

Posted Image

Tail weighs about 1.6 KG and is made with an inner of stainless steel rings and and outer layer of aluminum scales.

Cost about US$170 and US$36 in shipping.

People watch me as I move past.

That's certainly an... Interesting accessory. What made you want to get one?

Edited by kamerong

Scale mail tail.

Action shot

Posted Image

Tail weighs about 1.6 KG and is made with an inner of stainless steel rings and and outer layer of aluminum scales.

Its a conversation item for picking up girls. Shit like this works like a charm, if you know how to follow it up...

Scale mail tail.

Action shot

Posted Image

Its a conversation item for picking up girls. Shit like this works like a charm, if you know how to follow it up...

Sorry, but I don't buy that :P

Rob.

i think you misunderstand the meaning of "getting some tail", my lounge lizard colleague

Scale mail tail.

Action shot

Posted Image

Maybe if they are furry I guess...

Posted Image

I own these, they kinda shit me. The breaker plug thing which seems handy rarely is, and the sound cuts in and out because of it. Also, there is very little bass if that's an issue for you, but nothing that can't be helped with EQ. Otherwise they sound very nice, and are comfortable. The plastic is kind creaky and loud though. I consider them decent for the money ($70 from JB at random).

Scale mail tail.

Action shot

Posted Image

Rob.

Its part of the Mystery Method. Tried and tested.

i think you misunderstand the meaning of "getting some tail", my lounge lizard colleague

THAT is funny. Robzy take notes...

Scale mail tail.

Action shot

Posted Image

Rob.

With... a tail?

Surely the cajones needed for that would render a tail unnecessary anyway.

(As in, if you can pulloff using a tail to pickup, then you probably dont need a tail to pickup :P)

Rob.

Posted Image

Another one. 130XE.

Now have 9 Atari 8-bit computers in my posession.

Posted Image

Another one. 130XE.

Now have 9 Atari 8-bit computers in my posession.

That's hot. Sell me one! Or something. I still have only the C64 as an 8-bit machine (plenty of consoles, but that's the only PC).

Also,

Posted Image

I bought my dad a watch box for his 65th birthday. He is notoriously difficult to buy for, mainly because he buys what he wants when he wants it so he has pretty much everything he wants. Also, most everything that he would appreciate is waaaaaaaaaay out of my price range. I thought long and hard on what to get him and since he loves watches, clocks and chronometers and has a large collection of all, I decided on a watch box.

He is also crazy about huon pine, he's had 3 boats built out of it now and collects huon pine statues, trinkets etc. He does like other Australian timbers but huon pine is his favourite, so I got to searching for watch boxes made from Australian wood.

I normally suck at buying gifts so I'm quite chuffed with myself at this effort.

Found this huon pine/jarrah watch box being made in Melbourne. It's lined with black velvet and is big enough to hold all his watches.

Posted Image

The craftsmanship is flawless, I was more than impressed when it arrived last week. Had a small gold plaque engraved with a birthday wish and put it on the front side of the box just under the lid.

Dad was overjoyed. I think it's the first gift I've given him that he's honestly been impressed by.

Scale mail tail.

Action shot

Posted Image

Rob.

With... a tail?

Surely the cajones needed for that would render a tail unnecessary anyway.

(As in, if you can pulloff using a tail to pickup, then you probably dont need a tail to pickup :P)

Rob.

The theory is to wear one item of clothing or something on you that is visually unusual and off the wall, it invites comments from the female of the species. Doesn't have to be a tail.

disolusiond: That thing is beautiful, congrats.

The theory is to wear one item of clothing or something on you that is visually unusual and off the wall, it invites comments from the female of the species. Doesn't have to be a tail.

We're not discussing the mystery method. We're discussing the tail.

Surely the tail is useless for the mystery method, because if you have the cajones (I love saying that word) to pull of the mystery method with a freakin' tail then you have the cajones to just pick up normally :P

Rob.

I bought my dad a watch box for his 65th birthday. He is notoriously difficult to buy for, mainly because he buys what he wants when he wants it so he has pretty much everything he wants. Also, most everything that he would appreciate is waaaaaaaaaay out of my price range. I thought long and hard on what to get him and since he loves watches, clocks and chronometers and has a large collection of all, I decided on a watch box.

He is also crazy about huon pine, he's had 3 boats built out of it now and collects huon pine statues, trinkets etc. He does like other Australian timbers but huon pine is his favourite, so I got to searching for watch boxes made from Australian wood.

I normally suck at buying gifts so I'm quite chuffed with myself at this effort.

Found this huon pine/jarrah watch box being made in Melbourne. It's lined with black velvet and is big enough to hold all his watches.

Posted Image

The craftsmanship is flawless, I was more than impressed when it arrived last week. Had a small gold plaque engraved with a birthday wish and put it on the front side of the box just under the lid.

Dad was overjoyed. I think it's the first gift I've given him that he's honestly been impressed by.

That's really nice, jarrah always looks good. Never heard of huon pine before though.

We burn jarrah for firewood round these parts :P

We're not discussing the mystery method. We're discussing the tail.

Well it seems we need to, for you to understand why the tail is perfectly acceptable as an item for the mystery method.

Surely the tail is useless for the mystery method, because if you have the cajones (I love saying that word) to pull of the mystery method with a freakin' tail then you have the cajones to just pick up normally :P

Rob.

Its a prop, just like anything else you might choose to wear. It makes the initial contact easier, drops the woman's shields. Women have very strong shields when it comes to dealing with men on the prowl.